invalid

Banned
Daps
Even if that personal goal is unethical? You’d still respect said goal?

Can you clarify? What do you mean by personal goal?

My response was to a person who was making the point that we should respect Malcolm X's hustle more because of the low station in which he started, the change in consciousness that put him on the right path, and then where he ended his life.

As opposed to -

A person who also ended his life in a respectable way but had always been on the right path.

My point was that my respect is given equally in the areas of what they achieved. To stay on the right path takes sacrifice and discipline so I won't undercut that because the other person faced what some may perceive to be higher "obstacles".

invalid

Banned
Daps
I think it’s important to make distinctions to accurately depict why things are the way they are rather than burying certain historical points of history.

I love history and I like accurate accounts of history, the good, the bad and ugly. Recognizing that mixed/MGM have carved their place in black history throughout the Americas and beyond AND that they have also had a priviledged status is an accurate/honest depiction of history.

It’s not an attempt to demonized them but helps understand why things are the way they are today. Is all I am saying.

Claiming that mixed people are more militant than their darker counterparts is an incomplete statement and implies something that isn’t completely nuanced.

I agree with everything you've said.
Before, it sounded as if you were saying that their privilege negated their black experience at least when looking at this class within a US context.

The passe blanc class of the Caribbean and Latin America is a bit more nuanced because they operated in a system that legally recognized them as a third race.

Ya?

Banned
Daps
I agree with everything you've said.
Before, it sounded as if you were saying that their privilege negated their black experience at least when looking at this class within a US context.

The passe blanc class of the Caribbean and Latin America is a bit more nuanced because they operated in a system that legally recognized them as a third race.
I am glad you understand what I mean.

Cool!

invalid

Banned
Daps
Looking forward to that one for a few reasons.The main one is that from the outside looking in, she seems to have been raised by or around VERY conscious people. She was fighting racism at the highest levels. Debunking the pseudo-science often used by policy makers to "justify" decisions.
Second reason is something that I've observed from a distance...the diminishing wealth of these families over the decades. When Dr. Welsing passed , Tariq Nasheed paid for her funeral. I'm not sure if she had children, and I'm sure she was whiteballed from the psychiatric community/academia because of her views.. but it's still odd that a stranger had to pay for her funeral. I've also read about some of these families being gentrified out of their traditional vacation spots over the years by wealthier whites.

That's actually quite odd. I didn't know that bit of detail. I've never actually met her but I know her sister Lorna Cress. In fact, Lorna gave me my copy of the Isis Papers where I had to school the OP in the this thread because he was spouting off some wrong info-

Dr. Frances Cress Welsing Was Right About The Gun And The Black Man's Penis ....Here's Proof

I also knew another branch of her familiy, and this is why I find it odd that Tariq paid for her funeral, because that branch of the family owned one of the most well-known funeral businesses in Chicago - Griffin Funeral Home, which I'm going to write about. Griffin closed within the last 10 years because they couldn't find no one to take over the business but I would have thought that Welsing died before they closed.

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
I mean, I'm happy for their success, like I'm happy to see all blacks make it.

But Jay Z peddled poison to his own people for a profit. That is the definition of a sell-out. That type of c00nery is acceptable though to mainstream black America, so he gets a pass.

Like I mentioned before, you not gonna reach any real level of success without having done some nefarious shyt. This thread was to spotlight the good and the bad.
Bullshyt

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That's actually quite odd. I didn't know that bit of detail. I've never actually met her but I know her sister Lorna Cress. In fact, Lorna gave me my copy of the Isis Papers where I had to school the OP in the this thread because he was spouting off some wrong info-

Dr. Frances Cress Welsing Was Right About The Gun And The Black Man's Penis ....Here's Proof

I also knew another branch of her familiy, and this is why I find it odd that Tariq paid for her funeral, because that branch of the family owned one of the most well-known funeral businesses in Chicago - Griffin Funeral Home, which I'm going to write about. Griffin closed within the last 10 years because they couldn't find no one to take over the business but I would have thought that Welsing died before they closed.

I'm no fan of TN's, but I do not consider him capable of lying about that..I heard him mention it a few times when I used to listen to his podcast briefly.Not something that I would ever mention if I did it , but it was his money and not mine. I just did a google search and the first entry is a coli post about him funding her memorial service.

Tariq Nasheed paid for Dr. Welsing's memorial service

He was humble about it both times, and mentioned it in passing about how some of the giants who put in actual work have been forgotten and discarded by us.

Speaking of putting in work. Some of these alt-right speaking points are old. When one of the early proponents of this nonsense was making his media rounds in the 1970s, he made the mistake of agreeing to appear on Tony Brown's Journal to debate Dr. Welsing.

Tony Brown gives intro and outro to the clip..at the end he says
"AFTER this debate, William Shockley went back into oblivion"

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

thanks..just read that thread...not to derail the thread too much but the exchange you had in that thread explains some of the things that have puzzled me. TN was featuring actual scholars and accomplished people in his early HC doc.s. I would wonder why his audience,once exposed to these people, wouldn't go read their books . Short answer, they are way more comfortable watching videos and hearing/repeating someone else's interpretation than reading for themselves and forming own interpretation..

invalid

Banned
Daps
Desiree Glapion Rogers
Obama's former Social Secretary

Former CEO of Johnson Publishing Company (Ebony & Jet Magazines)
Former CEO of People's Energy
Former CEO of the Illinois Lottery

Sits on many boards including Allstate, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Children's Museum and many more.

Graduated from Wellesley College

desiree.jpg

valeriedesiree.jpg

2A6742E000000578-0-image-m-109_1436529283242.jpg

Is a descendant of the famous New Orleans Voudou Priestess Marie Laveau Glapion

MarieLaveau_%28Frank_Schneider%29.png

picture-of-marie-laveau.jpg

Marie Laveau (1794–1881) was a Louisiana Creole: descended from the colonial white settlers, black slaves and free people of color of southern Louisiana. For several decades this ‘Voodoo Queen’ held New Orleans spellbound. She staged ceremonies in which participants became possessed by loas (Voodoo spirits); she dispensed charms and potions, even saving several condemned men from the gallows; told fortunes and healed the sick.

Marie Laveau | History of American Women

They say her magic continues beyond the grave. Her tomb is visited by visitors from all across the country.

a871qbx.jpg

Desiree is a former Queen of the Zulu Social Aid and Pleasure Club

zulu_ball_101.jpg

Where her father Roy Glapion Jr., a New Orleans City Councilmen, was President of the Zulus.

84728328_132881762263.jpg

Krewe Zulu

REU-USA_-41.jpg

Checkout that black face :ohlawd:

Her brother, Roy Glapion III, is a noted businessman and Vice President of The Beta Group.

mkDKPk_j_400x400.jpg

Desiree married Chicago businessman John W. Rogers

jrogersjr.jpg

Who is founder and Chairman of Ariel Investments and is one of the richest black men in America.

Ariel-Investments.jpg

John-Rogers-Sr.-Street-Naming-020-4C.jpg

Mellody Hobson is his CEO

Bill+Cosby+Hosts+Gala+35th+Anniversary+Jackie+nGLLC-owpcpx.jpg

John Rogers is a descendant of Black Wall Street Millionaires

His great grandfather was JB Stradford

jb-stradford.jpg

Who owned the Stradford Hotel in Tulsa that was burned down by hating ass cacs.

BpOnJQhIIAAlM91.jpg

But this is a story for another time.

Last edited:

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Desiree Glapion Rogers
Obama's former Social Secretary

Former CEO of Johnson Publishing Company (Ebony & Jet Magazines)
Former CEO of People's Energy
Former CEO of the Illinois Lottery

Sits on many boards including Allstate, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Children's Museum and many more.

Graduated from Wellesley College

desiree.jpg

Is a descendant of the famous New Orleans Voudou Priestess Marie Laveau Glapion

MarieLaveau_%28Frank_Schneider%29.png

picture-of-marie-laveau.jpg

Marie Laveau (1794–1881) was a Louisiana Creole: descended from the colonial white settlers, black slaves and free people of color of southern Louisiana. For several decades this ‘Voodoo Queen’ held New Orleans spellbound. She staged ceremonies in which participants became possessed by loas (Voodoo spirits); she dispensed charms and potions, even saving several condemned men from the gallows; told fortunes and healed the sick.

Marie Laveau | History of American Women

They say her magic continues beyond the grave. Her tomb is visited by visitors from all across the country.

a871qbx.jpg

Desiree is a former Queen of the Zulu Social Aid and Pleasure Club

zulu_ball_101.jpg

Where her father Roy Glapion Jr., a New Orleans City Councilmen, was President of the Zulus.

84728328_132881762263.jpg

Her brother, Roy Glapion III, is a noted businessman and Vice President of The Beta Group.

mkDKPk_j_400x400.jpg

Desiree married Chicago businessman John W. Rogers

jrogersjr.jpg

Who is founder and Chairman of Ariel Investments and is one of the richest black men in America.

Ariel-Investments.jpg

John-Rogers-Sr.-Street-Naming-020-4C.jpg

Mellody Hobson is his CEO

Bill+Cosby+Hosts+Gala+35th+Anniversary+Jackie+nGLLC-owpcpx.jpg

John Rogers is a descendant of Black Wall Street Millionaires

His grandfather was JB Stradford

jb-stradford.jpg

Who owned the Stradford Hotel in Tulsa that was burned down by hating ass cacs.

BpOnJQhIIAAlM91.jpg

But this is a story for another time.

Isn't john w Rogers a billionaire?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
lmao :mjlol:@ blk family ... i'll fall on the sword :yeshrug:

many of these nikkas aren't even light skinned. they're politically blk, meaning if they take a DNA test they'll be more wht than blk. Thy're just wht ppl with African ancestry. that basbilkison dude look like an indo-indian:pachaha:..
at some point u nikkas need to stop with this, "we come in all shades and colors" shyt .no the fukk we don't. at some point that's passed, a person no longer is blk.:yeshrug:
u slave nikkas still following slavery amendments "one drop rule" which is cool, but my free ass will keep dropping these facts.

many nikkas don't understand, these ppl are the buffer class. In the Caribbean and Latin america its the same. these white ass so called negroes, are the upper class and the wealthy. historically these ppl are corroborators and middle man with cacs, they look down on the same black community they're so call apart of, and work against as well.

y'all know i'm right, but that quench of the low level low self esteem having negro, to latch unto "blk excellence" for that quick fix to vicariously live through is too strong:banderas:

This post is all facts

I don’t consider these technicality negros to be real blacks

I can’t wait for the day when people wake up

invalid

Banned
Daps
This post is all facts

I don’t consider these technicality negros to be real blacks

I can’t wait for the day when people wake up

:russell:

This is a tired and ran in the ground topic discussed ad nauseam already in this thread.
Achieve and iota of what they achieved then people will care to know what you do and do not consider........

invalid

Banned
Daps
Ya'll brehs are so black :mjlol:

But guess what....
Your black kids
Will go to their black schools
In their black neighborhoods
And will be taught by their black teachers
From black history books
Black history
That was forged by these families.