Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:russell:

This is a tired and ran in the ground topic discussed ad nauseam already in this thread.
Achieve and iota of what they achieved then people will care to know what you do and do not consider........

Eat a d*ck lil man

Them caucasians ain’t black no matter what your sissy ass says

You sound like a stupid ass house nicca man

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are a few exceptions.. Hall of famer Hank Aaron and Jesse Owens is Boule. Malcom X's kids were in Jack & Jill
Jesse Owens was a college educated brother of Alpha Phi Alpha and an Olympian. Hank Aaron was inducted after becoming quite the powerful corporate businessperson. He also is a major Black historical figure.
Real talk but what’s the benefit these days to even joining the boule? Access to hot educated redbones ?
Most powerful Black network in the US.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jesse Owens was a college educated brother of Alpha Phi Alpha and an Olympian. Hank Aaron was inducted after becoming quite the powerful corporate businessperson. He also is a major Black historical figure.

Most powerful Black network in the US.

You’re right hank Aaron joined after he reached certain business goals.

The boule membership is about 30-50% doctors. I always found that to be interesting

invalid

Banned
Daps
All these wealthy off-colored boule Negroes.

:camby:

No reparations for them.

The thing is, they are probably better positioned to receive reparations than any of us. They all got detailed pedigrees and records that traces back to each and every one of their African ancestors. More than what most of us have.

John Rogers and his Stradford family has even traced their slave ancestors back to their Nigerian family. The Stradfords are descendants of Scipio Vaughan, a slave, who is of the same family of Lady Kofo Ademola, who was the first Nigerian woman to graduate from Oxford. And she’s from a royal family. Stradfors are essentially black American royalty with the African royal bloodline to back it up.

—————

Kofo was born to the family of the Lagos lawyer Omoba Eric Olawolu Moore, a member of an Egba royal family, and his wife Aida Arabella (née Vaughan), who descended from Scipio Vaughan (through whom she also had Cherokeeancestry).[6][7] She was a first cousin of Oyinkan, Lady Abayomi and a niece of Oloori Charlotte Obasa.[8] She spent half of her young life in Lagos and the other half in U.K.[9] Ademola was educated at C.M.S. Girls School, Lagos; Vassar College, New York;[10] Portway College, Reading and, from 1931 to 1935, St Hugh's College, Oxford. She earned a degree in education and English from Oxford, while at Oxford she wrote a 21-page autobiography at the insistence of Margery Perham to challenge British stereotypes about Africans, she wrote of her childhood as a mixture of western cultural orientation and African orientation.[9]

Kofoworola Ademola - Wikipedia

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Are black families whose ancestors were bestowed an inheritance of land, property, or education by their owners eligible for reparations? :jbhmm:

And should black families that owned slaves in the antebellum south, specifically in Louisiana and South Carolina, should they be implicated in reparations talk?

@xoxodede @Lionel Jospeh

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
Are black families whose ancestors were bestowed an inheritance of land, property, or education by their owners eligible for reparations? :jbhmm:

And should black families that owned slaves in the antebellum south, specifically in Louisiana and South Carolina, should they be implicated in reparations talk?

@xoxodede @Lionel Jospeh
Good question. I remember reading a thread about, I think, Beyonce's family, at LSA and it seemed every other poster was like, "Child, my family still has 500 acres my great great great granddaddy left my great great great grandma Bendwenchia after her freed her."

Should these families be receiving or PAYING reparations?

invalid

Banned
Daps
I'm no fan of TN's, but I do not consider him capable of lying about that..I heard him mention it a few times when I used to listen to his podcast briefly.Not something that I would ever mention if I did it , but it was his money and not mine. I just did a google search and the first entry is a coli post about him funding her memorial service.

Tariq Nasheed paid for Dr. Welsing's memorial service

He was humble about it both times, and mentioned it in passing about how some of the giants who put in actual work have been forgotten and discarded by us.

I looked into this some more. She died January 2nd. The memorial TN paid for was March 23rd. There was also another memorial for her at Howard University on January 17th. I’m pretty sure her family must have had a private funeral for her. The memorial service TN paid for was probably for the larger black academic afrocentric community to pay tribute.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I looked into this some more. She died January 2nd. The memorial TN paid for was March 23rd. There was also another memorial for her at Howard University on January 17th. I’m pretty sure her family must have had a private funeral for her. The memorial service TN paid for was probably for the larger black academic afrocentric community to pay tribute.
Thanks for the correction / clarification.
His comments seem to have been deliberately misleading

invalid

Banned
Daps
Good question. I remember reading a thread about, I think, Beyonce's family, at LSA and it seemed every other poster was like, "Child, my family still has 500 acres my great great great granddaddy left my great great great grandma Bendwenchia after her freed her."

Should these families be receiving or PAYING reparations?

They certainly received some form of compensation. Not sure if there is an argument for them paying reparations if they did not wield the use of unpaid slave labor.

However, as blacks, they would have also been the recipients of injustices from historic legal systems that were put in place to disenfranchise blacks post-slavery. My understanding of reparations is that they are also suppose to close the gaps caused by those historical injustices that all blacks faced along with unpaid enslaved labor.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

I asked a question in the Root section about whether people felt reparations should apply to ancestors of those who were free before the Civil War broke out. What is your take on that?

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
They certainly received some form of compensation. Not sure if there is an argument for them paying reparations if they did not wield the use of unpaid slave labor.

However, as blacks, they would have also been the recipients of injustices from historic legal systems that were put in place to disenfranchise blacks post-slavery. My understanding of reparations is that they are also suppose to close the gaps caused by those historical injustices that all blacks faced along with unpaid enslaved labor.
I wasn't seriously suggesting they pay reparations, just pointing out that some ADOS families are still today eating off of slavery.

And I think for most black people who want reparations, it is both about getting what was owed to ancestors as well as closing present socioeconomic gaps.