American cities have too much Suburban Sprawl

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Great thread,

Suburbia is a crime against humanity; colossal waste of space, destruction of nature, inhumane condition for the human and devastation of prime farmland.

Medium density is the way forward, everything should be within 5km radius for the human. Work, School, Sports, Socializing, Parks and so on. Anything else is poor planning.

More people, less land utilization with “excess” land used for prime organic farming which nourishes the people.

You don’t need that much space. A home should only be utilized for sleep, outside of sleeping you should be outdoors, doing something productive or socializing.

the-painted-ladies-of.jpg

hampden-row-houses-BALTIMORE0817.jpg

Victorian-terraces-Carlton_550x350.jpg

300px-U_of_Leeds_-_Terraces.jpg

3000.jpg

:ahh::banderas::ohlawd:
I prefer this type of neighborhood as well. Most Americans seem to love those big 5000 square foot mcmansions for whatever reason. It's unnecessary

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I prefer this type of neighborhood as well. Most Americans seem to love those big 5000 square foot mcmansions for whatever reason. It's unnecessary

Unnecessary space. Plus the work you have to do upkeep. All that just to brag really even though financially they aren’t that different than anybody.

But I do get it tho for the kids sake. Some people would prefer to raise their kid in a large house over a smaller home or apartment in the city limits.

For me personally as long as my house has what I need and good space I don’t need 5,000 so ft.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Unlike the Northeast, most cities and metros in the rest of the country have almost unlimited space to grow. So yeah, people are going to move where there's more space and the land/housing/taxes are cheaper.

I grew up in the suburbs and don't like them but I can easily see why people like it.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Great thread,

Suburbia is a crime against humanity; colossal waste of space, destruction of nature, inhumane condition for the human and devastation of prime farmland.

Medium density is the way forward, everything should be within 5km radius for the human. Work, School, Sports, Socializing, Parks and so on. Anything else is poor planning.

More people, less land utilization with “excess” land used for prime organic farming which nourishes the people.

You don’t need that much space. A home should only be utilized for sleep, outside of sleeping you should be outdoors, doing something productive or socializing.

the-painted-ladies-of.jpg

hampden-row-houses-BALTIMORE0817.jpg

Victorian-terraces-Carlton_550x350.jpg

300px-U_of_Leeds_-_Terraces.jpg

3000.jpg

:ahh::banderas::ohlawd:

This is a fact. This is why I love condos because I know for a fact if I had a house I would never ever use the backyard so there’s no point in me having one.

:yeshrug:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This is why I love the Northeast specifically Philly. Philly is small compared to NYC Chicago and other big cities by size but it has character and neighborhoods.

Not even that I can live Philly area and be in farm land in 30 minutes the ocean in 45 to an hour surburbs in less than 10. A good city have to all these

And you’re close to other east coast cities.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd love to live in the middle of nowhere. City "visiting" is trash, I can only imagine the headache I'd have living there.