American Cities Are Ugly

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I think cities with decent public transportation are the best places to live for senior citizens and disabled people. they have greater independence, more amenities and easier to socialize.

rural/suburban living basically forces old people who should no longer be driving to get behind the wheel to get where they need to go.:francis:

i'm hyper vigilant when I spot older drivers, one almost crashed into me on a highway trying to change lanes forcing me out of my lane.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I used to be a legit city boi. I'm talking if its a building and more, I'll explore type of shyt.

Once you see the typical layout:

• shyt lanes and bad traffic
  • Same downtown districts
  • Three malls that are damn near dead
  • Trash all over the sidewalk
It dawns that the city life is overrated. Places like Mobile and Greenville have a perfect balance of nature and city trends. Hell, National Harbor was majestic as hell because its like something from Hallmark. But places with overkill urban sprawl just don't hit the same :francis:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Young compared to South America? :heh:
I'm gonna let you think about what you just wrote lol

Cartagena is ancient?

Let me find out lol

Man reading comprehension be kickin yalls ass… I said parts of South America.

I’ve personally never been to Colombia, but a quick google search tells me ‘modern day’ Cartagena was discovered and populated by the Spanish in the early 1500s…. Or around 300 years before the most of America was ‘discovered’ by modern day Americans. Louisiana Purchase, Lewis & Clark all that shyt didn’t take place until the early 1800s..

Think about that. The majority of America is barely 200 years old….

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
OVytvRW.jpeg

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Man reading comprehension be kickin yalls ass… I said parts of South America.

I’ve personally never been to Colombia, but a quick google search tells me ‘modern day’ Cartagena was discovered and populated by the Spanish in the early 1500s…. Or around 300 years before the most of America was ‘discovered’ by modern day Americans. Louisiana Purchase, Lewis & Clark all that shyt didn’t take place until the early 1800s..

Think about that. The majority of America is barely 200 years old….
I'll take that explanation...your still wrong though :mjgrin:

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

Long story short in 2011 the federal govt. was going to GIVE the state of Florida billions of dollars in funds to build a high speed rail line between Tampa and Orlando(then eventually to Miami) to alleviate traffic congestion on the notorious I-4.

Rick Scott was like "nah, we're good don't need it" cause it was coming from President Obama's administration, can't allow that black Commie sommofabytch and his Democrat buddies in Washington to leave a legacy of more efficient transportation in my state.(Mindset of white males/republicans)

Merica

Last edited:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
NYC already has these.

Outside of Washington DC places like Silver Spring, and Bethesda.

Also I believe somewhere in Arizona they are trying to make a careless neighborhood or something

This video lowkey just sounds like a bigger, cultish mixed-use development :gucci:

Not to shyt on it, but my neighborhood in Atlanta has 3 coffee shops, bunch of restaurants and bars, a WeWork, and a boutique grocery store (with a Publix comin next year) all within a quarter mile of me. I walk around my neighborhood for damn near everything.

I’ll sometimes go a whole week without stepping foot in my car. And that’s in Atlanta, a city everybody says you need a car to survive in.

These things do exist here already, but because they aren’t in someone’s specific neighborhood they’re convinced they gotta leave the US to find them.