American Cities Are Ugly

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
That's why I like Chicago. I feel like New Orleans got a unique feel, and Montreal, and parts of Florida got that Spanish style. I'd even say homes in the SW got a unique style... but pretty much every state in USA got those typical shopping strips with a subway,
b70ba178444d69e9f7a8fbd98369c14d
:lolbron:On God that looks like a strip in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Miami USED TO have its own unique architecture and flavor, Art Deco and Spanish influences all over the city. The skyline wasn't full of condo boxes like today

Opa-Locka went with an Arabian nights motif, look at its old city hall

Coral Gables went full Spanish

But now...

Soulless boring NYC looking condo boxes all up and down the Biscayne bay shore line
But we're gonna learn when the big hurricane hits and wrecks the buildings like Snoop did to NYC in 96

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Was watching this video earlier and was taken by Naples, apparently this is a ghetto to them..It’s interesting to me like- our perception of a ghetto often revolves around a lack of services, a place that highways or racist developers “left out” in other countries that’s not really the case and a ghetto has more to do with who lives there or in Italy, that the services are withheld in different forms than access to hospitals, healthy food, a beach etc.

Understanding that gives a better idea of why many immigrants don’t view American ghettos as a systemic issue in the way that it actually is, because to them social mobility has very little to do with the forced aspects of the American poverty cycle.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
This video lowkey just sounds like a bigger, cultish mixed-use development :gucci:

Not to shyt on it, but my neighborhood in Atlanta has 3 coffee shops, bunch of restaurants and bars, a WeWork, and a boutique grocery store (with a Publix comin next year) all within a quarter mile of me. I walk around my neighborhood for damn near everything.

I’ll sometimes go a whole week without stepping foot in my car. And that’s in Atlanta, a city everybody says you need a car to survive in.

These things do exist here already, but because they aren’t in someone’s specific neighborhood they’re convinced they gotta leave the US to find them.
You think your lil hipster neighborhood is representative of average Atlanta though. These southern cities with hipster pockets of walkable neighborhoods only reserved for the upper middle class and wealthy just prove my point. They ain't real cities to begin with.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Miami USED TO have its own unique architecture and flavor, Art Deco and Spanish influences all over the city. The skyline wasn't full of condo boxes like today

Soulless boring NYC looking condo boxes all up and down the Biscayne bay shore line
But we're gonna learn when the big hurricane hits and wrecks the buildings like Snoop did to NYC in 96
I laugh at people who run down to Miami and live in these overpriced high rise condos. One good Category 3 hurricane or above that entire city is going to underwater mark my words

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
American cities are ugly because they are car centric. There's no reason to have curb appeal when you just zoom past everything at 70+ mph. :manny:

However, I think people need to start looking at what makes a beautiful city in different ways. Tokyo or Seoul are NOT beautiful cities by Western standards. But they do have other ways they express their aesthetic that makes the city feel good to be in. Washington D.C. is kinda like that. While there's plenty of streets, the pedestrian experience feels deliberate.

But Old World =/= beautiful. London is a hideous city.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
American cities are ugly because they are car centric. There's no reason to have curb appeal when you just zoom past everything at 70+ mph. :manny:

However, I think people need to start looking at what makes a beautiful city in different ways. Tokyo or Seoul are NOT beautiful cities by Western standards. But they do have other ways they express their aesthetic that makes the city feel good to be in. Washington D.C. is kinda like that. While there's plenty of streets, the pedestrian experience feels deliberate.

But Old World =/= beautiful. London is a hideous city.
Watch ya mouth about a world capitol city like London :demonic:

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I laugh at people who run down to Miami and live in these overpriced high rise condos. One good Category 3 hurricane or above that entire city is going to underwater mark my words
We know, our politicians know, everyone down here knows. A little bit of rain (not even a storm I'm talking a regular rainy afternoon) and downtown/Brickell is immediately flooded looking like Noah's ark. These a$$hole developers obviously don't care, but the fact that they're building on top of our aquifer and next to the bay means runoff has nowhere to go. The developer cocksucking county commission just approved moving a part of the urban development boundary (if it was up to developers they would pave and build over the Everglades tomorrow) so we can have another Walmart.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
We know, our politicians know, everyone down here knows. A little bit of rain (not even a storm I'm talking a regular rainy afternoon) and downtown/Brickell is immediately flooded looking like Noah's ark. These a$$hole developers obviously don't care, but the fact that they're building on top of our aquifer and next to the bay means runoff has nowhere to go. The developer cocksucking county commission just approved moving a part of the urban development boundary (if it was up to developers they would pave and build over the Everglades tomorrow) so we can have another Walmart.
Yeah I keep up with the news down there I guess they finally bribed enough commissioners to get them to rescind on the boundary they've been trying to years.Oh and runoff has somewhere to go it goes right into the bay :russ: I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Watch ya mouth about a world capitol city like London :demonic:

It's ugly as shyt. Outside of what Paddington/Lancaster Gate or Regent's St?

London might have more resources, but Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Marseilles, Prague, Rome, Milan, Florence, Amsterdam, Zurich, Bern....

ALL of those places are more aesthetically pleasing than London.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
It's ugly as shyt. Outside of what Paddington/Lancaster Gate or Regent's St?

London might have more resources, but Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Marseilles, Prague, Rome, Milan, Florence, Amsterdam, Zurich, Bern....

ALL of those places are more aesthetically pleasing than London.
Of course they are you think the English are known for aesthetics they're the most bland basic drab people on Earth peep the food. So their capitol city by nature would be an expression of that. Still a GOAT city but yeah its more drabby then ugly imo

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
You think your lil hipster neighborhood is representative of average Atlanta though. These southern cities with hipster pockets of walkable neighborhoods only reserved for the upper middle class and wealthy just prove my point. They ain't real cities to begin with.

No, I don’t. Atlanta is a city in the trees and that’s why I love it. I like NYC and Chicago to visit but I’d never wanna live there.

I was just in Rome last month and the roads were flooded w/ cars and vespas. And it was dirtier than NYC. It’s not some magical land where everybody gets everywhere on foot.

I also went 2 hours into the country and it was a teeny little town where everybody was moving out of it because there are no job opportunities there. European countries are filled w/ desolate towns like that. You can live somewhere here like Lexington or Bloomington Indiana and live a perfectly normal life working in an office or restaurant.

All these countries yall are beatin your dikk over.. America is at least 5x their size by both population and by actual land. Go look at the actual size of the UK and compare it to America. How are you gonna expect all these people to fit in one country and live? You really think Albuquerque or Whichita should be some picturesque city with beautiful city planning? You just sound like a passport bro who gotta shyt on America even though you prolly live here :mjlol:

America is a economic superpower, we do that by having ugly shyt like strip malls in the suburbs and visible power grids in Houston. If you want aesthetics, go work at a coffee shop in Sorrento or something :heh: it’s beautiful over there I promise. You won’t build any real wealth, but it’ll be beautiful.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
No, I don’t. Atlanta is a city in the trees and that’s why I love it. I like NYC and Chicago to visit but I’d never wanna live there.

I was just in Rome last month and the roads were flooded w/ cars and vespas. And it was dirtier than NYC. It’s not some magical land where everybody gets everywhere on foot.

I also went 2 hours into the country and it was a teeny little town where everybody was moving out of it because there are no job opportunities there. European countries are filled w/ desolate towns like that. You can live somewhere here like Lexington or Bloomington Indiana and live a perfectly normal life working in an office or restaurant.

All these countries yall are beatin your dikk over.. America is at least 5x their size by both population and by actual land. Go look at the actual size of the UK and compare it to America. How are you gonna expect all these people to fit in one country and live? You really think Albuquerque or Whichita should be some picturesque city with beautiful city planning? You just sound like a passport bro who gotta shyt on America even though you prolly live here :mjlol:

America is a economic superpower, we do that by having ugly shyt like strip malls in the suburbs and visible power grids in Houston. If you want aesthetics, go work at a coffee shop in Sorrento or something :heh: it’s beautiful over there I promise. You won’t build any real wealth, but it’ll be beautiful.
That's the secret sauce to it economic domination and super power status...

2035f6e0d1b527cc14bae03170e6cc01cc9c1c34.gifv

These other countries been doing it all wrong the whole time wow

KGlock

All Star
Daps
That's why I like Chicago. I feel like New Orleans got a unique feel, and Montreal, and parts of Florida got that Spanish style. I'd even say homes in the SW got a unique style... but pretty much every state in USA got those typical shopping strips with a subway,
b70ba178444d69e9f7a8fbd98369c14d
Yup these straps are the very definition of cookie cutter