Reppin
H-Town

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Luke Cage Season 2 Starts Production In June, Wraps In March

At the Chicago Comics and Entertainment Expo today, Luke Cage star Michael Colter revealed that principal photography on the Netflix series' second season will begin in June 2017.

Colter also revealed that he will wrap filming on Luke Cage Season 2 in March of 2018. That suggests that Luke Cage Season 2 could arrive on Netflix for streaming as soon as mid-to-late 2018.

There have been some reasons to believe that Luke Cage Season 2 would begin filming in the very near future. Simone Missick, who plays Misty Knight, made a social media post saying that she had begun working out to reprise her role in the new season. Fans have also spotted set signs popping up labeled "Tiara," which was the production code name for the first season of Marvel's Luke Cage.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
And they're finally launching a new Luke Cage solo comic, influenced off the netflix series:

Luke_Cage_1_Deodato_Variant.jpg

Luke_Cage_1_Cover.jpg

Luke_Cage_1_Preview_1.jpg

Luke_Cage_1_Preview_3.jpg
Luke_Cage_1_Preview_4.jpg

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Mike Colter Talks Luke Cage, Marvel's Defenders - and Having Coffee

Colter said that going into the audition, he had some familiarity with who Luke Cage was and the mythology of the character, but he was not really familiar with the source material. So, when he got the job, Colter went to the comics for reference. But, he said there’s a lot in the comics that you can’t really use anymore, especially phrases like “Where’s my money, honey,” and “Sweet Christmas.” “Though,” Colter acknowledged, “we did use that one.”

Colter mentioned two things that drew him to the role. First, after playing so many villains, he thought it would be nice to play a hero for once, and he thought Luke Cage would be the best fit. Second, when Colter initially sat down with series showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker, he asked what it would be about. “[Coker] said, ‘Wu Tang Clan,’ and I said, ‘I’m in!'” Colter loved the hip-hop influence on the series and the way music was used throughout, though he noted that because the music was put in during post-production, they never knew “what they’ll use to make the scene pop,” and some early music choices were switched around before release.

Colter also talked about transforming himself to take on the role of Luke Cage, noting that there’s a difference between just going to the gym and then having someone tell you that you’re going to be a superhero and then going to the gym again. Colter said he went from 203 pounds to 236, and that gaining that much muscle the right way meant changing what he eats, drinking lots of water, taking a lot of dietary supplements, and drinking a lot of protein shakes. He’s had to stay away from stuff like ice cream and pizza, which he said was particularly hard in Chicago. He said he was walking around the city thinking, “this looks like good food, but I can’t eat it.”

One subject, however, came up repeatedly in questions from both men and women: “coffee,” Luke Cage’s euphemism for sex. One audience member asked Colter what it’s like to be known as “the most promiscuous character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe,” a title Colter coyly objected to.

“Am I?” Colter asked. “C’mon, other people get laid, right? I just thought Luke was doing Luke. He’s a broken soul – he’s lost his wife, and this is how he mourns… He doesn’t want to be going from one woman to the next, but it’s his lot in life.”

Colter also said he now does a double take when people offer him coffee. “Wait, are they offering me coffee, or are they offering me coffee coffee?” When directly asked how he likes his coffee, Colter replied, “I like it in various degrees, from creaminess to darkness. I like to change it up.”

One audience member asked on behalf of her mother “and the other women in the room” if they could touch Colter’s pecs. Colter responded, “There’s a lot of women here – that’s a lot of hands.” He joked that next year, they would have to have a special meet-and-greet for pec touching, but they would need to work out the details, including how much it would cost and how long you could touch the pecs.

:mjlol:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I just got annoyed that Jessica let Kilgrvae escape like 5 times. And all the supporting characters were annoying except for Luke and Claire. I wasn't impressed with Kilgrave either. He could've had anything in the world but decides to waste his time chasing after Jessica? :mjlol:
Because of Jessica's power...she could've been a powerful weapon under his control.