Altered Carbon Season 1 Thread: You wanna live forever? :piff::wow:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You're good with any organic damage unless your stack gets wrecked. If you got a server, stack damage won't matter, you'll just lose memories in between backups. Keep in mind very few people got the means to resleeve.

Is it really YOU though or is it just someone else that has your memories?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Breh, that's a hard ass question I've been struggling with since watching the "cookie" episodes in Black Mirror. IMO for this show, if the OG body dies what's uploaded to a new sleeve is just a clone with the OGs memories.

I'd probably go insane thinking about that shyt if this were real and I was able to do it. Go fukking psycho like breh in that last Resident Evil movie. :dead:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

from a somewhat philosophical standpoint, I think the people with stacks actually live.

You're basically plugging a hard drive into a wetware computer after the old computer gets damaged beyond repair. Tiy nay as well just be driving another car.

The Meths that CLONED themselves and rebooted from offworld copies of their stacks, though..... :patrice:

IMO they died.

If you program a robot or whatever to drive that car exactly like you did and then killed yourself, that exact copy isn't you. You're dead.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Breh, that's a hard ass question I've been struggling with since watching the "cookie" episodes in Black Mirror. IMO for this show, if the OG body dies what's uploaded to a new sleeve is just a clone with the OGs memories.

I'd probably go insane thinking about that shyt if this were real and I was able to do it. Go fukking psycho like breh in that last Resident Evil movie. :dead:

My above post is why, IMO, people who got restored from offworld backups and not by having their stacks moved to other sleeves had that memory gap.

The original died. It's like recording a TV show but starting 5 minutes too late.

New memories, new body. There's nothing to remember except what they're programmed to.

But the "you" that remembered that shyt is dead, and won't have any memories of what your clone is doing.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Yea like if I got shot and closed my eyes for the last time would I personally reawaken in a new sleeve and consciously keep going forward with my life....or is it just some new nikka that looks like me downloading my memories and keeping it moving? To people that know you that does seem like immorality. Your friend/relative/loved one has the same memories and face...but is it them in there or just a clone? Because if it’s the latter, then it makes no difference for the person. You’re still dead. You still died. You’re gone but some new version of you has your memories and can pretend to be you.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Solid show. 3.5/5 in my opinion.

The show doesnt really flow that well and the acting is pretty average.

But like everyone said, the visuals are pretty stunning.

But ive heard a few co workers talk about it like its best show they ever seen on netlifx. Really tho?:patrice:

And i guess im in he minority but i think the korean sister is cute. :yeshrug:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Solid show. 3.5/5 in my opinion.

The show doesnt really flow that well and the acting is pretty average.

But like everyone said, the visuals are pretty stunning.

But ive heard a few co workers talk about it like its best show they ever seen on netlifx. Really tho?:patrice:

And i guess im in he minority but i think the korean sister is cute. :yeshrug:

She's actually of Tibetan descent. I liked her weird face since I first seen it in Dollhouse. Her body wack though. Would still hit :guilty: