Altered Carbon Season 1 Thread: You wanna live forever? :piff::wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm saying it's not like they whitewashed him they're following the book. Plus from what I've read they expand on his asian heritage more than the book. You don't forget that he's asian.

Especially as the show goes on.

The swordplay at the end of 6 :banderas:

Ep 7 :leon:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It's plausible

She's old, angry and raised by The Yakuza and trained as an envoy
I'm on Episode 10 and it keep it a buck

I get it now. All she really wanted was a better life for her and Kovacs but she has to be the insane sister villain for the sake of the show :francis:

Kovacs wasn't even worth it tbh. Dude is surrounded by people willing to help, people he needs and he's just like "nah, I'm good"

Season 2 is gonna have to step it up

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
There's also that big ass plot hole on why she waited all them years and only used her resources to revive Kovacs for that Bancroft fukkery. :francis: And the way she tried to get in touch with her brother by sending a psycho assassin to get him :mindblown: She pretty much created her obstacles.

I liked the show but they gonna have to step up the writing quality next season.
All that Bancroft fukkery really gave us was more ways to put in gratuitous sex in the show. I couldn't have been less enthusiastic about the truth of the "murder"

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Just finished ep8, that cliffhanger:whew:but on the whole there were too many :mjpls: FUs that were overt as fuk. Like lizzy,
shes basically a basket case mute who is afraid of her father but one look at her blonde haired blue eyed man of a mother and everything is right.

Vernon has been useless the whole series not even fufilling comedy relief or handy sidekick hes just there to be dumped on. And the first scene where he gets to show affection, its to a dude. A dude that immediately takes lead while he follows..:snoop:

The protagonist frames the only black person in the room like its nothing dont care if he was forced that shyt was all too real.
This is very true. :mjpls:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I'm on Episode 10 and it keep it a buck

I get it now. All she really wanted was a better life for her and Kovacs but she has to be the insane sister villain for the sake of the show :francis:

Kovacs wasn't even worth it tbh. Dude is surrounded by people willing to help, people he needs and he's just like "nah, I'm good"

Season 2 is gonna have to step it up

Yeah, that's where the writing is lacking
Kovacs kept alluding to envoys and CTAC trained them to absorb culture across planets and develop relationships in order to use people

I felt like we needed to see more of that if they wanted us to buy Tak being incapable of forming real relationships

They did one of the things I hate that shows do

They talked up CTAC soldiers and envoys being God-tier, but barely showed us the level

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
The book actually seems interesting the show though...

The show would be a good if it was written properly...

Like why would a super rich immortal guy...hire a fukking terrorist/revolutionary that wasn't even the top dog in the organization to investigate his murder?

Then they made it seem like main character had powers or some shyt...when really it's like a bunch sayings and mentalist that he learned...

Then there was a rebellion fukking 250 years ago...that it is still super important...250 years ago...WTF

That's like us caring about the French Revolution on a daily basis...

After a while it's just like...why would you make these story choices...
Breh you not getting it. Main character was the elite of the elite when it came to deduction skills plus getting to anyway on any planet and fitting in. You need someone like that to bend to rules of society to get answers. Also yes was hired cause he was the last one. And if you watched the whole season, you would understand that he was aslo influence to hire the main character.

And the rebellion was important because 2 of the biggest characters this season were a huge part of that rebellion group.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Yeah half way through ep6, I aint gonna make it :francis:
Nothing about this show holds my attention. The people, the world, the tech. I feel like I seen all this shyt before

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This somewhat reminds me of a bad sci-fi movie from the early to mid 90s. That Demolition man/ johnny nmeumonic type steeze. It's part of the charm for me though. Some beautiful shots in this though.

It is kind of odd that the sets rage from big-budget futuristic, to a big pile of regular old 1960's shipping containers.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't read this thread due to spoilers but is it any good? Im a fool for Cyber punk themes

Walter H White

All Star
Daps
Transvestite faced cop with her corny Spanish curses ruined this show from being great.

Lol at her beating Kovac’s sister and the Chinese guy.