Altered Carbon Season 1 Thread: You wanna live forever? :piff::wow:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Yeah, Ortega's my only real beef with the show. That "spicy latina" shyt aint gonna fly no matter what the year :camby:

She wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't keep her at one note the entire time

They gave her alot of screen time, so there's no excuse for keeping her so one dimensional

godliness

• M Δ § † ë ® ¥ °
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Hands on Green Money
I didn't love this..

Huge fan of Ortega: Spicy Latina shyt will always be a turn on for me. :shaq:
The Murder Mystery was Iffy as fukk and eventually became an afterthought to the story line until the very end. and by then I no longer cared.
I did like the way they depicted the black women. It seemed like women in general kicked lot of ass in this series.
I'm not really feeling how they depicted the black man. He was messy a but likable. Making his "wife" a white man tho is a theme I'm seeing more and more in film. partnering us up with cac men. I'm not cool with that shyt at all. I'm ready to see Black men with stronger more serious personalities, that are driven my they're own ambitions, and not just playing helper to some cac.
The ending... the way they brought down the main meth dude. :mjlol: what because he killed a damn hooker??? nikka please rich folks get off for that now. They gonna need more than that to bring him down, I'm not buying it.
I feel like Rei was lying about Quell still being alive. I never read the book, But I hope to god they don't bring this back for another season and he is on some love quest to find her. I'll probably skip that shyt.

I don't know man, I feel like I sold one thing and the series ending up being something else. Wasn't really feeling it tbh. It was more visually striking then anything else. The story line was not the best.

6.5/10.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
A question about the season finale

When Tak shot his sister at the end, did he shoot her stack as well? Or did he just kill her effectively putting her on ice?

Skeptic

Superstar
Daps
I found the story hard to follow, but I have a lot of other distractions going on (kids 'n shyt).

I did appreciate the full nude scenes, though. :takedat:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
A question about the season finale

When Tak shot his sister at the end, did he shoot her stack as well? Or did he just kill her effectively putting her on ice?
They never show it so we just have to go on the dialogue, the countless times he says the rei-tan he once knew is gone forever and when she encourages him to shoot her neck basically saying "i will never stop otherwise" leads me to believe he had too

They wouldnt have stayed with the scene with him cradling her lifeless body crying and going down with the ship otherwise

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
So the mixed daughter instantly embraces the white mother in a sleeve that isn't even her own gender, but is scared shytless of her black father :mjpls:

And I have to say, they're kind of jumping out the window with Kovacs sister being the "mastermind" of all this

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I finished it up earlier. I enjoyed it. Visually it's stunning in 4k HDR.

The dialogue was tough in some spots, but if we're being honest I find that to be the case in most SyFy flicks. :skip:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So the mixed daughter instantly embraces the white mother in a sleeve that isn't even her own gender, but is scared shytless of her black father :mjpls:

And I have to say, they're kind of jumping out the window with Kovacs sister being the "mastermind" of all this
There's also that big ass plot hole on why she waited all them years and only used her resources to revive Kovacs for that Bancroft fukkery. :francis: And the way she tried to get in touch with her brother by sending a psycho assassin to get him :mindblown: She pretty much created her obstacles.

I liked the show but they gonna have to step up the writing quality next season.