Altered Carbon Season 1 Thread: You wanna live forever? :piff::wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The book actually seems interesting the show though...

The show would be a good if it was written properly...

Like why would a super rich immortal guy...hire a fukking terrorist/revolutionary that wasn't even the top dog in the organization to investigate his murder?

Then they made it seem like main character had powers or some shyt...when really it's like a bunch sayings and mentalist that he learned...

Then there was a rebellion fukking 250 years ago...that it is still super important...250 years ago...WTF

That's like us caring about the French Revolution on a daily basis...

After a while it's just like...why would you make these story choices...
huh

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just finished this, took a while to get going but there were enough elements there for a viewer to stay. The action and visuals were superb but the murder mystery was kinda :patrice: they tied it up nicely in the end but it wasnt strong enough to be the central story to carry the show.

Wasnt a fan of the law and order style ending felt like a different show. Also wish they hired another actress to play izzy. Sometimes she made me nauseous and her acting was bad.

All in all ppl were well fed i dont see how that ending is going to have ppl clamouring for a season 2

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
This is one of the worst shows.

It's almost Iron Fist bad
but Altered Carbon got a good premise but decides to ruin it with shytty dialouge, a stupid plot, and action movie cheesiness.
:what: even if the writing was absolutely horrid how is that possible when iron fist looked cheap,had mostly bad acting, took no risks and had poor action while this is the exact opposite? Ole provocateur azz fligga

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
:what: even if the writing was absolutely horrid how is that possible when iron fist looked cheap,had mostly bad acting, took no risks and had poor action while this is the exact opposite? Ole provocateur azz fligga

What risks does this show take?

It's the standarD dystopian sci-fi action movie...stretched out over 10 episodes

And writing is everything...the writing is shyttty...the plot is shytty...the characters are crappy.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
What risks does this show take?

It's the standarD dystopian sci-fi action movie...stretched out over 10 episodes

And writing is everything...the writing is shyttty...the plot is shytty...the characters are crappy.
In this climate we live in the depiction of woman was very 80/90s. Derivative Sci-fi or not is there a show on tv like this? To name a few..

Last edited:

Crevard113

Rookie
Daps
Show is far from great especially in the writing but Netflix is the goat for actress casting, after Narcos S2.
I don't even know who I prefer between the three protagonist. The Enjoy was beautiful, the Latina got that body and the sister from the 100 was beautiful too.

Two many dikkshot tho.

1000 years from now, interstellar travel and they got that kitty bag.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The book actually seems interesting the show though...

The show would be a good if it was written properly...

Like why would a super rich immortal guy...hire a fukking terrorist/revolutionary that wasn't even the top dog in the organization to investigate his murder?

Then they made it seem like main character had powers or some shyt...when really it's like a bunch sayings and mentalist that he learned...

Then there was a rebellion fukking 250 years ago...that it is still super important...250 years ago...WTF

That's like us caring about the French Revolution on a daily basis...

After a while it's just like...why would you make these story choices...
:dwillhuh: Breh the show explained it, he was technically the last Envoy. Remember all the other envoys had a virus installed on their stacks, his sister wiped herself from the history books and the leader of the envoys and creator of stacks was presumed dead. He was put on ice so his stack was essentially a relic of the past and the last Envoy in existence. Bancroft was fascinated with the revolution and in particular the Envoys. It was kind of like how historians are still fascinated with wars from decades ago, we know he spent a small fortune to get Quellchrist Falconer diary.

Also the whole thing with Envoys and powers is it just came across as Super powers to others Envoys essentially were trained to have a deeper connection to ones self. Hence why am Envoy could enter a new Sleeve and adapt instantly it was due to their great mental focus and fortitude.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
All in all ppl were well fed i dont see how that ending is going to have ppl clamouring for a season 2

The ending definitely opens up the possibility of exploring the world more and telling a different story outside of a murder mystery. The whole concept of sleeves the show introduces, also means the casting could look very different if they pick up on Tak's quest :ehh:.

Overall I enjoyed the series, the fact I binged through the whole thing over the weekend means it kept me engaged. The 2nd half in particular had me looking forward to the next episode. I'm a sci-fi fan, so the show was right up my alley and one of the show's biggest strengths was the visuals which Netflix clearly put money into :wow:. I just enjoyed seeing all the new tech the show introduced from the AI Hotels, VR constructs, double sleeves, etc.

The action was on point too with some intense action in places.

On the Ortega tip - I can see some of the complaints with her, but she grew on me during the course of the season. Seeing her in new ways certainly didn't hurt :takedat:. The actress who plays her is really tiny :skip:, especially in scenes with Tak.

Poe was a real one :obama:, definitely one of the best characters on the show. I liked Quell as well :ehh:.

The humor could be hit or miss for me, but I liked the fact they tried to sprinkle it in and the Ortega Grandma episode was :russ:

It was good seeing Dichen Lachman get a good role in this :ehh:. I remember her in Dollhouse and The 100 and she gets a chance to shine in this in a pivotal way.

The murder mystery regarding Laurens had some :ohhh:moments, but overall it wasn't anything we haven't seen before.

Are you a believer? Ghost Walker stayed on his :demonic:

I know there are more books in the series and I believe the show-runner said they only touched on some elements from the 1st book, I would definitely check out a 2nd season.