Altered Carbon Season 1 Thread: You wanna live forever? :piff::wow:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Struggled to get thru episode 1. Hasn't been able to grasp my full attention. Keep finding myself just wanting to do other shyt when start it. Probably took 3 times watching it before I could get what was going on because of other distractions.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Was able to pay a bit better attention in episode 2 but I was really having to force it. Solid show, it just doesn't have the "it" factor.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Man the whole premise of this shyt bothers me and I'm on episode 1. It's crazy how badly Hollywood doesn't want an Asian protagonist. They got a nordic guy playing and Asian. This is the end of ghost in the shell movie except that's the premise. I can't vibe with this shyt.
It's based off a 16 year old book though.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
This is one of the worst shows.

It's almost Iron Fist bad but Altered Carbon got a good premise but decides to ruin it with shytty dialouge, a stupid plot, and action movie cheesiness.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
LOL...Max Headroom is in this.

I'm not sure if this universe makes any logical sense at all, the technology levels are totally mismatched. (VCR Tapes!!!??)
But I have to admit I find it really entertaining.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This is one of the worst shows.

It's almost Iron Fist bad but Altered Carbon got a good premise but decides to ruin it with shytty dialouge, a stupid plot, and action movie cheesiness.
I'm on ep 5 but yea I was hoping to LOVE it.

I bought the book a few weeks ago

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
As of episode 9
:dame: :dame::dame::dame::dame::dame::dame::

Yeah, I'm getting Neo-C coding even though I'm not Catholic. Non-elites taking HUGE Ls with these sleeves. fukk that.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I'm on ep 5 but yea I was hoping to LOVE it.

I bought the book a few weeks ago

The book actually seems interesting the show though...

The show would be a good if it was written properly...

Like why would a super rich immortal guy...hire a fukking terrorist/revolutionary that wasn't even the top dog in the organization to investigate his murder?

Then they made it seem like main character had powers or some shyt...when really it's like a bunch sayings and mentalist that he learned...

Then there was a rebellion fukking 250 years ago...that it is still super important...250 years ago...WTF

That's like us caring about the French Revolution on a daily basis...

After a while it's just like...why would you make these story choices...

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just finished ep8, that cliffhanger:whew:but on the whole there were too many :mjpls: FUs that were overt as fuk. Like lizzy,
shes basically a basket case mute who is afraid of her father but one look at her blonde haired blue eyed man of a mother and everything is right.

Vernon has been useless the whole series not even fufilling comedy relief or handy sidekick hes just there to be dumped on. And the first scene where he gets to show affection, its to a dude. A dude that immediately takes lead while he follows..:snoop:

The protagonist frames the only black person in the room like its nothing dont care if he was forced that shyt was all too real.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished ep8, that cliffhanger:whew:but on the whole there were too many :mjpls: FUs that were overt as fuk. Like lizzy,
shes basically a basket case mute who is afraid of her father but one look at her blonde haired blue eyed man of a mother and everything is right.

Vernon has been useless the whole series not even fufilling comedy relief or handy sidekick hes just there to be dumped on. And the first scene where he gets to show affection, its to a dude. A dude that immediately takes lead while he follows..:snoop:

The protagonist frames the only black person in the room like its nothing dont care if he was forced that shyt was all too real.
Somebody gets it

There's even more egregious :mjpls:than the shyt you just mentioned

Show was straight but every now and then they hit you with some:mjpls:right when you start getting comfortable

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Is the headstrong, stubborn, idiot, female detective a thing now? Because I got enough of this bs watching Punisher
Yeah, Ortega's my only real beef with the show. That "spicy latina" shyt aint gonna fly no matter what the year :camby:

5 episodes in so far. Starting to all come together