Altered Carbon Season 1 Thread: You wanna live forever? :piff::wow:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Dumb question but if kovacs was hired by laurens bancroft to investigate laurens bancroft murder then who the hell is purefoy suppose to be?

Ps did anyone blood boil but also kind of chuckle at the scene where after 5 minutes of dialogue mid sentence bancroft points at the black and says "what is that" in the most :mjpls: way. He might as well have said n#@$% even kovacs was like :whoa:yeah i think you had better leave

Daps
Dumb question but if kovacs was hired by laurens bancroft to investigate laurens bancroft murder then who the hell is purefoy suppose to be?

Yep that was the most A GRADE scumbag shyt lol

Ps did anyone blood boil but also kind of chuckle at the scene where after 5 minutes of dialogue mid sentence bancroft points at the black and says "what is that" in the most :mjpls: way. He might as well have said n#@$% even kovacs was like :whoa:yeah i think you had better leave

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man the whole premise of this shyt bothers me and I'm on episode 1. It's crazy how badly Hollywood doesn't want an Asian protagonist. They got a nordic guy playing and Asian. This is the end of ghost in the shell movie except that's the premise. I can't vibe with this shyt.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Man the whole premise of this shyt bothers me and I'm on episode 1. It's crazy how badly Hollywood doesn't want an Asian protagonist. They got a nordic guy playing and Asian. This is the end of ghost in the shell movie except that's the premise. I can't vibe with this shyt.

Ummmm you do know that the human bodies to them are just sleeves right, Have you seen the ending??? :patrice:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Keep watching. There's a legit reason why dude is put in a white body.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
:dwillhuh: Nah it ain't like that for me, breh. I ain't one of the women haters on here. I like tough women in many shows. Ortega just feels off to me in this one.
I just nvr felt bothered by her. Even laughed a few times from some of her cursing. She's no Andrea from TED or Kim Bauer. If she weak say she weak but dudes always say annoying when talking bout a female on a show
:beli:can we not do this? you don't like a character that just happens to be a chick = misogynist. that's like the laziest copout ever.

she's just not very interesting, she's a walking amalgamation of tropes, and her delivery just makes the whole tough latina chick thing laughable.

Bancroft's wife and even Bancroft's lawyer are much more interesting characters and better actresses for me.

I also said I don't like white takeshi. it ain't a women hating thing.
Idgaf bout misogyny I'm just pointing out the coli. Bringing up a bunch of other female characters that had way less screen time just proves my point. Dudes been shytting on joel kinnaman on here for years so that's nothing new

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Up to episode 3. It's aight. It's like a slight step above some shyt that would be on SyFy because of the budget

Also am I the only one feeling some of these :mjpls:ass vibes?

The fact that its a futuristic detective story reminds me of Season 1 of "The Expanse".

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Just started this up...the scenery is :whoo: and I'm invested in the plot

Isn't Kovak ol boy from The Killing? All I need him to do is say "AYO LINDEN, HOL UP" :pachaha:

Though I can't seem to shake the inevitable feeling of a black person being swapped in a white persons body or vice versa and somehow feeling as though it's an improvement :mjpls:

:mjlol:

But this body swapping deal has us primed for top shelf fukkery if done right :mjgrin:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Up to episode 3. It's aight. It's like a slight step above some shyt that would be on SyFy because of the budget

Also am I the only one feeling some of these :mjpls:ass vibes?
Spidey senses tingling like a motherfukker :russ: