Altered Carbon Season 1 Thread: You wanna live forever? :piff::wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Flames or nah?

This show is dope as fukk

I mean playing the game that some love to play. Its story wise not something thats never been done as there are only 7 stories that have ever been told.

But goes about things in its only way thats truly unique

Martha

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She gets better from
5 onwards

I hear that breh but I’m on ep 9 now and she’s just not clicking, she’s a horrible character, it’s like all annoying tropes rolled into one. Great body tho.

The show itself is aight, cool concept, not the best execution, or maybe I’m just not fan of white takeshi ( something about that actor screams 90s action movie and comes off as corny) cause I noticed I enjoy it more when they focus on asian takeshi

solid watch tho

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I hear that breh but I’m on ep 9 now and she’s just not clicking, she’s a horrible character, it’s like all annoying tropes rolled into one. Great body tho.

The show itself is aight, cool concept, not the best execution, or maybe I’m just not fan of white takeshi ( something about that actor screams 90s action movie and comes off as corny) cause I noticed I enjoy it more when they focus on asian takeshi

solid watch tho

I'm on episode 7 and I feel that way too. OG Takeshi seems to have more charisma.

So far I think the show's weakest link is Ortega. She comes off cornier than Kovacs imo.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Any chick on a show that has a lot of lines is automatically annoying on the coli :mjlol:

:dwillhuh: Nah it ain't like that for me, breh. I ain't one of the women haters on here. I like tough women in many shows. Ortega just feels off to me in this one.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any chick on a show that has a lot of lines is automatically annoying on the coli :mjlol:

:beli:can we not do this? you don't like a character that just happens to be a chick = misogynist. that's like the laziest copout ever.

she's just not very interesting, she's a walking amalgamation of tropes, and her delivery just makes the whole tough latina chick thing laughable.

Bancroft's wife and even Bancroft's lawyer are much more interesting characters and better actresses for me.

I also said I don't like white takeshi. it ain't a women hating thing.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I'm only on episode 2, but it IS weird that they're so far in the future that the average person is basically immortal and they've had interplanetary travel for hundreds of years, yet everyone pretty much looks and acts like people in today's world.

That "needlecasting" technology seems way more advanced than what you would see in something like Star Trek.

Average person is immortal? Nah breh the only true immortals are the Meths. If you ain’t got that green if you die you are dead and then if your stack gets damaged during your death then you definitely dead unless you are a Meth.

I fukking love this show but know it will be polarising with some people not fully grasping the analogy’s and allegories. I pray this goes beyond two seasons as it is such an amazing world.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:beli:can we not do this? you don't like a character that just happens to be a chick = misogynist. that's like the laziest copout ever.

she's just not very interesting, she's a walking amalgamation of tropes, and her delivery just makes the whole tough latina chick thing laughable.

Bancroft's wife and even Bancroft's lawyer are much more interesting characters and better actresses for me.

I also said I don't like white takeshi. it ain't a women hating thing.

Quell is another character I find more interesting too.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Average person is immortal? Nah breh the only true immortals are the Meths. If you ain’t got that green if you die you are dead and then if your stack gets damaged during your death then you definitely dead unless you are a Meth.

I fukking love this show but know it will be polarising with some people not fully grasping the analogy’s and allegories. I pray this goes beyond two seasons as it is such an amazing world.

Also I would like to see the other planets out there in Season 2...:gladbron: and a star map... Plus there are Martians