iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
The game is available on 2 platforms and somehow won't break 20 mil eventually :mjlol:

No, because most of the people that get it will on Ps5 and that is predicated on Sony's current sales strategy. Less than a year into the life of Zero Dawn being released, it was selling consistently at 19.99 and being bundled heavily. Fifteen months into the life of the PS5, Demon's Souls hasn't gone lower than $40, Ratchet and Clank was 19.99 and bundled heavily less a year into its life on the PS4. Rift Apart hasn't gone lower than 50 yet.

The issues dovetail with each other. Far more demand than supply means Sony has no need to value add consoles to move units. They sell out when new stock drops and if no bundles occur, numbers aren't inflated and they are true retail sales. There are two surefire games Sony has that will sell similar to the same way their PS4 counterpart. Ragnorak and Spiderman as a franchise, those are the true evergreens. We will learn more about Gran Turismo 7 and if it can be that once more since Sony is sticking with premium pricing longer.

Daps
No, because most of the people that get it will on Ps5 and that is predicated on Sony's current sales strategy. Less than a year into the life of Zero Dawn being released, it was selling consistently at 19.99 and being bundled heavily. Fifteen months into the life of the PS5, Demon's Souls hasn't gone lower than $40, Ratchet and Clank was 19.99 and bundled heavily less a year into its life on the PS4. Rift Apart hasn't gone lower than 50 yet.

The issues dovetail with each other. Far more demand than supply means Sony has no need to value add consoles to move units. They sell out when new stock drops and if no bundles occur, numbers aren't inflated and they are true retail sales. There are two surefire games Sony has that will sell similar to the same way their PS4 counterpart. Ragnorak and Spiderman as a franchise, those are the true evergreens. We will learn more about Gran Turismo 7 and if it can be that once more since Sony is sticking with premium pricing longer.
Still sold 20 mil, like Horizon 2 will eventually do

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It really isn’t and include Ghost of sushi too but they don’t want to hear it :sas2:

I can honestly say that game was really overrated and I was part of the crowd that did so…I’m replaying it now to make it to the expansion level (I don't have my PS4 save) and I truly get the unfavorable AC comparisons that folks made

I still enjoy the combat even tho it’s fairly easy even on the higher difficulty settings, but there’s definitely a lot of filler bullshyt that I’d like to skip…I was enamored by the setting/time period the first time around so it was easy to overlook…but I’ve spent far more time riding around and doing bullshyt than actually getting to fight…and the game is designed that you have to do the filler shyt to score skill points which is normal but it’s a really boring grind tho

*edit*

I forgot I was mostly drunk off saké while playing this game so that probably made a lot of the busy work/side quests tolerable lmao

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

there’s no denying the thread’s point…you literally have folks in here who said they rushed to finished the game or flat out put it on hold to play elden ring…shyt some of them even said this would happen in advance but I guess they’re taking offense now since some are using it as a “laughing point”

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

We’ll see.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
nikkas really pulled the race card in regards to metacritic scores :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

full

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I love how people keep dropping the Hzd 20 million sold when in reality there's a giant asterisk due to most of those sales being made when it was dirt cheap.

Yeah 20 million sold is a cool bulletpoint but sharknado probably would've moved a buttload of DVD copies if you were picking it up for a dollar.

Stop bragging about Sharknado sales guys, especially when it's the equivalent of that old bin of blu-rays or dvds that Walmart sells for $4 dollars each.

The reality is that if Elden Ring is as much of a breakthrough as Botw was, expect it to do much better than any prior Souls game, same way Botw is massive in comparison to other Zelda titles.

That's what capturing the zeitgeist does for a title.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
We’ll see.

It's starting to bare fruit.

70% of all copies were sold on the PS5 in the UK as well. I'd expect similar splits like that across the world. The PS4 is not really a factor here. It's all about the PS5 growth. Also remember, there were 55-60 million PS4s out there when Zero Dawn came out, 15-18 million PS5s currently. There are market factors currently that temper all game sales.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
GG just needs to create games with more ambition than they've currently been doing.

It's honestly a symptom of the publisher they're under.

Sony has almost always favored derivative experiences than truly original ones.

They change that, they'll start landing on goat lists.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GG just needs to create games with more ambition than they've currently been doing.

It's honestly a symptom of the publisher they're under.

Sony has almost always favored derivative experiences than truly original ones.

They change that, they'll start landing on goat lists.

Have you played the game? Honest question