All the guilt-trip marketing for “a wrinkle in time” failed

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
A film about a bunch brown woman chasing after their white savior
giphy.gif

tumblr_ot7ot3VlFL1vwdnnpo3_540.gif

rs_680x284-170715113608-a-wrinkle-in-time-5.gif

and they expected us to put on dashiki's and roll to this in mass on some African unity type shyt.
:dead:
Yooooo that last gif...oh damn
tenor.gif

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
This movie was always going to flop. Doesn't matter who starred in it, or who made it, but movies like this always do terrible. I don't know the exact name of the genre, but an example of another movie in that genre would be Valerian, or that remake Disney did of Tron.

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
Can you prove this statement? Wasn’t it women that threw Nate under the bus.

Yea, I had zero interest in that film. Who cares? You losers only deal in superficial shyt.

No, they did not.

Why Was the Audience for ‘The Birth of a Nation’ Made Up Mostly of Women?

"With opening weekend box-office results in for The Birth of a Nation, it appears those analysts overshot their mark. Earning $7.1 million across 2,105 theaters in its opening weekend, Parker’s movie was a major commercial disappointment for Fox Searchlight. And yet it’s clear that a women-led box-office boycott wasn’t to blame: Women made up the majority of the opening weekend’s audience: Sixty-one percent of the film’s opening-night audience, using CinemaScore’s metrics (which looks at about four theaters); and 55 percent of the opening weekend’s, going by comScore’s.

Once again we’re reminded that social-media box-office boycotts don’t work, and that audiences decide for themselves whether accusations against an artist will affect their ticket-buying decisions. “People don’t base their moviegoing decisions on anything other than the movie and the marketing,” comScore senior media analyst Paul Dergarabedian says of the movie’s opening-weekend totals. “The fact that women were a bigger part of the audience just proves that it’s up to the audience to decide what movies and filmmakers they want to support, and how much stock they put in reports of personal life negative situations of filmmakers.”

Looks like women weren't listening to they outrage, but the men were.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
@Weedizmedicine
smh. You actually analyze my exaggerated and ridiculous reach and spin that was simply to mock your exaggerated and ridiculous reach and spin of a fictional movie. Sorry but you're not finna force a debate with me over some BS :hubie:If you want to have a debate about BP's "social impact", then reply to any of my post in those BP threads

Great movie.
Not gonna lie. Wouldn't have mind killmonger getting a spin off cause I was rooting for him
Willing to settle for a prequel at this point OR the comicbook style of the nikka just appearing outta nowhere, with no reference/explanation to what happened in this movie

To further show the desperation and absurdity of you clown nikkas, yall know that both fictional movies are made by Disney, but still trying to compare the "different" messages between both movies

As if Disney is using a checklist to track the percentage of positive and negative messages for Black folks to be inserted into each film and they are actively trying to decide which movie finna have more positives than negatives messages

Disney is about profit and making as much of it as possible. Anything you goofy nikkas want to add that will help them increase their profit, they'll welcome that and encourage you to believe whatever you want

Judging by this post, you secrete estrogen juice, walk with a twitch and throw helicopter slaps when faced with confrontation. No disrespect but this whole vagina monologue that you just typed makes absolutely no sense. Your mother should've threw you in the trash like a used tampon. You should be ashamed of yourself.
:beli:Whose actions hint that they have regular menstrual cycles

The goofy nikka that replies to an exaggerated and ridiculous reach and spin of a fictional movie he likes to dap fish about how it's wrong
OR
The goofy nikka that ignores one exaggerated and ridiculous reach and spin of a fictional movie that he doesn't like, inorder to reply to the mockingly exaggerated and ridiculous reach and spin of a fictional movie, he likes to dap fish about how it's wrong

If you was a real nikka, you would've replied to both post and clown us for wasting our time
So how about yall nikkas pull your skirt down and stop capeing for these fawking movies that's solely for entertainment and profits

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This movie was always going to flop. Doesn't matter who starred in it, or who made it, but movies like this always do terrible. I don't know the exact name of the genre, but an example of another movie in that genre would be Valerian, or that remake Disney did of Tron.

Alot of people liked Tron Legacy tho... :dahell: Problem was disney had little to no major marketing behind it, plus they waited too long to make an obvious sequel...

Daps
@Weedizmedicine
smh. You actually analyze my exaggerated and ridiculous reach and spin that was simply to mock your exaggerated and ridiculous reach and spin of a fictional movie. Sorry but you're not finna force a debate with me over some BS :hubie:If you want to have a debate about BP's "social impact", then reply to any of my post in those BP threads

To further show the desperation and absurdity of you clown nikkas, yall know that both fictional movies are made by Disney, but still trying to compare the "different" messages between both movies

As if Disney is using a checklist to track the percentage of positive and negative messages for Black folks to be inserted into each film and they are actively trying to decide which movie finna have more positives than negatives messages

Disney is about profit and making as much of it as possible. Anything you goofy nikkas want to add that will help them increase their profit, they'll welcome that and encourage you to believe whatever you want

:beli:Whose actions hint that they have regular menstrual cycles

The goofy nikka that replies to an exaggerated and ridiculous reach and spin of a fictional movie he likes to dap fish about how it's wrong
OR
The goofy nikka that ignores one exaggerated and ridiculous reach and spin of a fictional movie that he doesn't like, inorder to reply to the mockingly exaggerated and ridiculous reach and spin of a fictional movie, he likes to dap fish about how it's wrong

If you was a real nikka, you would've replied to both post and clown us for wasting our time
So how about yall nikkas pull your skirt down and stop capeing for these fawking movies that's solely for entertainment and profits
Jesus Christ bruh, did you smack your lips and blow bubbles when you typed that, you fukking queer.

No Disrespect.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Might end up breaking even with international sales and DVD sales. Good thing it wasn't made with 200 million though.

Disney needs to figure out how to do live action flicks that aren't Marvel or Star Wars related.