All the guilt-trip marketing for “a wrinkle in time” failed

Daps
I'll check it out depending on reviews. If it's shytty, I don't give a fukk how pro-bedwench/feminists it is, I ain't supporting it.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
abundant bedwenching,
absence of black fathers perpetuating the stereotype of black children being fatherless.
a outspoken critic of affirmative action in a lead role.
black girl with two black parents in real life having to pretend to be half white because.....
Wakanda forever though amirite?
Ok, I could reach and spin too...BP showed
-Blackmen portraying themselves as apes,
-a dysfunctional community that couldn't get along among themselves and neighbors,
-Strong blackwomen portrayed as masculine mechanical followers
-Black community needing white folks to help solve problems
-Blackmen being self serving at the cost of the entire community
-Black people needing white folks(Marvel) to portray us as good

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
TBC interview was insightful as to some of her directorial choices. She said she chose a white male lead to avoid the stereotypical absentee black father.

:manny:

Said she thought a black man should direct BP.

However she is already making concessions for a potential flop at the box office. Basically saying it's for kids, might not be one of those movies that catch on initially, etc... She's obviously hip to reviews dragging it.

She's definitely a feminist, and on that intersectionality shyt... talking about Latino and Asian representation.

All in all I support the sister... just not seeing this movie because it has absolutely no relevance to me.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
-a dysfunctional community that couldn't get along among themselves and neighbors,
this was point of film, them learning to overcome this.
-Strong blackwomen portrayed as masculine mechanical followers how were they masculine?:mjpls:is wonder woman and her amazons masculine or just powerful woman?
-Black community needing white folks to help solve problems didn't happen. Shuri made him useful thats it.
-Blackmen being self serving at the cost of the entire community see above retort
-Black people needing white folks(Marvel) to portray us as good Disney produced both of these films so....

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

shyt like this is not going to get black people to support your film.

She was honestly better off keeping the chracters white like in the books, it still wouldnt have beat BP but probably made more money.
Relying on intersectionality is stupid, teen white girls arent going to watch a black girl lead.
Remember how toxic they were about Rue in Hunger Games?

With statements like having a black girl lead a white boy and putting empathasis on that. How is that meant to appeal to black males. And why is it such an important thing for a black girl to lead a white boy? I mean with statements like that why wouldn’t we want it to fail.

Daps
TBC interview was insightful as to some of her directorial choices. She said she chose a white male lead to avoid the stereotypical absentee black father.

:manny:

Said she thought a black man should direct BP.

However she is already making concessions for a potential flop at the box office. Basically saying it's for kids, might not be one of those movies that catch on initially, etc... She's obviously hip to reviews dragging it.

She's definitely a feminist, and on that intersectionality shyt... talking about Latino and Asian representation.

All in all I support the sister... just not seeing this movie because it has absolutely no relevance to me.
Basically this. Black Panther had a message and is a comic book flick geared towards adults and kids. If I had a little girl, I would take her to see it but me personally, I can't relate to bedwenching, being a feminists who bashes black men and having non racist white friends.

Daps
-Strong blackwomen portrayed as masculine mechanical followers
-Black community needing white folks to help solve problems
-Blackmen being self serving at the cost of the entire community
-Black people needing white folks(Marvel) to portray us as good
Judging by this post, you secrete estrogen juice, walk with a twitch and throw helicopter slaps when faced with confrontation. No disrespect but this whole vagina monologue that you just typed makes absolutely no sense. Your mother should've threw you in the trash like a used tampon. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Basically this. Black Panther had a message and is a comic book flick geared towards adults and kids. If I had a little girl, I would take her to see it but me personally, I can't relate to bedwenching, being a feminists who bashes black men and having non racist white friends.

Why? Isnt it more harmful to take your young black easily influenced young daughter to see crap perpuating wenching. We see shyt like this all over the media all the time.

Daps
Why? Isnt it more harmful to take your young black easily influenced young daughter to see crap perpuating wenching. We see shyt like this all over the media all the time.
As long as I represent myself to her as a strong black man, she has to have the free will to go out into the world and experience it on her own. I'll give her advice and show her the capabilities of strong black women even though the messages conveyed in most of the black women's work displays black men as the antagonist or non existent. My hopes is that through me, she'll be able to see the bedwenching hypocrisies and change that.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
As long as I represent myself to her as a strong black man, she has to have the free will to go out into the world and experience it on her own. I'll give her advice and show her the capabilities of strong black women even though the messages conveyed in most of the black women's work displays black men as the antagonist or non existent. My hopes is that through me, she'll be able to see the bedwenching hypocrisies and change that.
:salute:Much love and I respect that but I will keep that shyt away from mine.