All Out War: Official Walking Dead Season 8 Thread

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Negan didnt, Priest has done it before
And sometimes you'll get sick being out in the cold and sometimes you won't, end of the day they're covering themselves in rotten infected organs and blood. He's come too far to just kill him off with a simple bite.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched the promo for next weeks Ep..

smh at Rick attempting to trust and work with those trash people again, and smh at them doing the Sasha and Rosita assassination thing again but with Daryl and Tara..hopefully it doesn't end up like that since they like to throw curveballs in these trailers

Oville

Pro
Daps
Simon was actually the character that was most interesting for me coming into this season because I wanted to learn more about his relationship with Negan since they're so alike. I had initially thought that him and Negan must've been friends before the apocalypse which would explain why they share the same kind of sadistic sense of humor and I wanted to see more scenes with them almost on some buddy buddy shyt where they play off each other intimidating people. In the past we've barely seen them interact and when they have Simon reverts into the background being subservient. This episode on the low gave hints on the true nature of their relationship.

It seemed that Negan took power from the saviors from Simon. He indicated it when he asked Simon if he had forgotten who was in charge and then asked him if they were "backsliding". It also in some subtle ways showed why Negan would be a more effective leader than Simon based off their interactions. While Simon is similar to Negan in the way he's able to intimidate and be unpredictable, Negan is able to actually bring about loyalty and admiration from people by making them feel rewarded and powerful within their subservient status. While Simon would react aggressively towards someone who stands up to him like he did with that worker at the end of that episode Negan would find some way to make the worker submissive while at the same time utilize his courage as an asset.

This goes to why he kept constantly mentioning that people are a resource and got angry at Simon when Simon suggested killing the entire Hilltop. He doesn't see himself as a rabid dog willing to kill people just to kill people as he mentioned that he's more interesting in killing "the right people at the right time". Ironically, this kind of paralleled Rick's dispute with Darryl in this episode where Darryl wants to plan a risky explosion that might kill the workers and Rick refused to put innocent lives in danger. Guess in some subtle way they trying to say that Rick and Negan in some ways aren't as different as we would think.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iv critisized this show for its writing in this same thread but some of you will never be happy lol, people shyt on Negan the entire season 7 because he had no depth and was just a cliche over animated bad guy, now they're finally getting to the point where they show him being human and the reasons why he's the way he is and people say the episode was pointless lol. I'm glad they pretty much answered all of the people who were confused as to why everyone follows him tho, it really does seem like he cares about his people and does a good job of keeping everything in check.

It seemed that Negan took power from the saviors from Simon. He indicated it when he asked Simon if he had forgotten who was in charge and then asked him if they were "backsliding"

I didn't think of that, but I think you're right, that "backsliding" comment seems a lot more relevant now. But yeah I caught the parallel between Rick and Negan.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Negan sucking punching the preacher when he opened the door had me :mjlol:

A helicopter randomly flying past Rick had me :laff: its just random as hell and Rick's facial expression had me :dead:

Negan and the preacher getting though that horde without getting bitten :gucci3: who the fukk is writing this shyt :genius: