All Out War: Official Walking Dead Season 8 Thread

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
It's been pretty obvious from this war arc that some of these scenes from the comic don't translate well into live action tv, a lot of them either don't make sense to see acted out or it's just plain trash.

This is not true.

The difference between the show and the comics is the comics are actually realistic.

You do stupid shyt, you die.

You get the drop on someone they die.

You say the wrong thing you die.

You thinks someone is a threat, you kill them.

The show doesn't follow the logic of the comics. Therefore you get stupid shyt like motherfukkers shooting but they ain't hitting shyt. You get shyt like the preacher having a gun and all alone in the trailer with Negan and could end it right there and let him live. Or Rick not beating Negan him to death with Lucille.

Walking Dead the show is a soap opera with zombies. They don't even talk that much in comics. They spend more time fighting and killing shyt.

In all honesty, the Walking Dead could have 10 episode seasons and be better off.

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
that shyt is burned to pieces now. They need to bounce and move to another place. resources there arent even worth all the bullshyt they going thru
So you think they should just pack up and move to another unknown location? That's just inviting unnecessary trouble to a depleted group. On another note this show is about to take a turn for the worse, it's clear that they're going the feminist route and that will not work. Since Carl is dead I expect Judith to take his place now, and the new leaders will be Michonne & Maggie for the present & Judith for the future:hhh:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not true.

The difference between the show and the comics is the comics are actually realistic.

The show doesn't follow the logic of the comics. Therefore you get stupid shyt like motherfukkers shooting but they ain't hitting shyt. You get shyt like the preacher having a gun and all alone in the trailer with him and could end it right there and let him live. Or Rick not beating Negan him to death with Lucille.

Walking Dead the show is a soap opera with zombies. They don't even talk that much in comics. They spend more time fighting and killing shyt.

In all honesty, the Walking Dead could have 10 episode seasons and be better off.
You said my post wasn't true then agreed with it lol, this is literally what I'm saying

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
How is Judith gonna take Carl's place when she's an infant.
because she is already damn near 5 in "2 years"....in the scheme of a television show she could be 12 in the next season or so...shyt carl jumped from pre teen to young man in those 2 years.

ezekial had a tiger..anything is possible :manny:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Judith may be the real killer/sociopath
of the show in the future.
think about it.....a true product of the
end of the damn world.
wearing ricks hat,daryls vest and carrying
michonnes sword.
:banderas:

wat6rr.jpg

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
i may be in the minority,

but Carl dying is good...the show & the comic shouldn't run parallel to each other.

whats in the graphic novel isn't translating to compelling TV anymore and hasn't for awhile.

the previous showrunners (Darabont, Mazzara) followed the comic "loosely" and improvised around it.

this gave us characters like Daryl, Merle etc...Carol became who she is bc she outlived her comic-counterpart.

Negan + All Out War is the peak of the graphic novel and it's been lackluster on screen.

not following the comic 1:1 will give the writers a chance to improvise and take risks again.

Chandler was horrible anyway.
They haven't followed the comic for a long time and the decisions they've made have been terrible. Dumpster Glenn immediately comes to mind. Trash people: terrible Terminus: terrible

And it's not just the story, it's the choices the characters make that leave people :mindblown:
We've all seen better storytelling here on The Coli and better editing on YouTube.

Deviating from the comic is the least of their problems

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I just read that there's a theory that perhaps one of the whisperers bit Carl. I highly doubt it, but given that carl didn't technically die yet, I have a feeling they might be up to some shenanigans.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
This is not true.

The show doesn't follow the logic of the comics. Therefore you get stupid shyt like motherfukkers shooting but they ain't hitting shyt. You get shyt like the preacher having a gun and all alone in the trailer with Negan and could end it right there and let him live. Or Rick not beating Negan him to death with Lucille.

Yeah, this is my biggest gripe. Two glaring examples being at how weird Eugene is and the tiger. It seems like they toe the exaggerated just for the sake of staying true to the comics, when they really didn't need to.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I just read that there's a theory that perhaps one of the whisperers bit Carl. I highly doubt it, but given that carl didn't technically die yet, I have a feeling they might be up to some shenanigans.
Nah that dude is dead, the actor looks about 25 now hes dead