All Jokes Aside: LeBron Ruined the NBA: Update Stephen A Agrees

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
@Ozymandeas

Tell us how 2016 or 2019 LeBron is outdoing this

Tell us how he’d stop Dwight from dominating inside and the Magic from shooting lights out from 3

U think 2016 or 2019 LeBron makes Mo Williams shoot better than 37% from the field?

Leadership am I right? :mjlol:

Last edited:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: nobody called the ‘09 cavs a super team they just choked ,”the goat”been forming mini all star teams ever since

difference is Jordan NEVER lost a series as a 1 seed doggie.lebron had an all star teammate ,top 5/10offense & defense and home court and lost 2 years in a row.foh it’s an indictment on him more than anything but your groupie ass won’t admit that. His stats in the ‘09 ecf with his 36% usage rate only impresses simple mf’s
I didn't mean to call them a super team.. meant to say a great team. Top 5 offense because of Lebron and the team had adequate defenders for sure but was still carried by Bron defensively.

That all-star teammate made it as a replacement because of the record he had playing with Lebron. Show me one team in NBA history that won a championship with second and third options that are the same caliber as Mo Williams and Delonte West and bigs that were as mediocre as late career Big Z and Varaejo. The fact that they were a one seed is a testament to Bron, not something that should be held against him. Jordan at the same age with a better co-star lost to the Pistons in the same round, but Jordan dikkriders got every excuse in the book for that. So dropping 40, 8, 8 against one of the best defenses in the league on an undermanned team isn't impressive but Jordan averaging 43 in a sweep is an all time performance? :mjlol:

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The Boston Celtics wasn’t a real Big 3. They were just a better version of the Detroit Pistons. Kobe beat them and honestly he should’ve beat them twice. You’d be reaching to say any were top five players whereas Wade and Bron were.
This

Bron stans trying hard to not admit that these dudes were definitely past their prime

Only thing is they all knew there roles and was still pretty good at it. KG as a lowpost defender/scorer, Ray Allen as a shooter, PP as an all-around scorer, drafted a young Rondo who would hardly score but made the offense run perfectly, a hof coach, a solid bench, etc.

They were a good team immediately because of all that, and a superteam that no one cared got formed because the Big 3 were all considered past their prime. Not to mention being in the east

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
My hope is that the next generation of stars are watching this and choose to go an opposite direction once the smoke clears.

2025 at the latest is all the last gen stars have to stockpile rings. Im sensing different energy from Zion, Ja, and LaMelo

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
My hope is that the next generation of stars are watching this and choose to go an opposite direction once the smoke clears.

2025 at the latest is all the last gen stars have to stockpile rings. Im sensing different energy from Zion, Ja, and LaMelo
Yup

None of that p*ssy “lets team up so we can win” shyt. At least not before and during their primes.

Even though I wouldn’t mind that Melo/Zion connection at some point

McPiff

#goat
Daps
I didn't mean to call them a super team.. meant to say a great team. Top 5 offense because of Lebron and the team had adequate defenders for sure but was still carried by Bron defensively.

That all-star teammate made it as a replacement because of the record he had playing with Lebron. Show me one team in NBA history that won a championship with second and third options that are similar caliber as Mo Williams and Delonte West and bigs that were as mediocre as late career Big Z and Varaejo. The fact that they were a one seed is a testament to Bron, not something that should be held against him. Jordan at the same age with a better co-star lost to the Pistons in the same round, but Jordan dikkriders got every excuse in the book for that. So dropping 40, 8, 8 against one of the best defenses in the league on an undermanned team isn't impressive but Jordan averaging 43 in a sweep is an all time performance? :mjlol:

nikkas still running around calling mo will a legit all star ? :dead:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Zion and LaMelo and ‘em are gonna do what’s best for their life and career

They’ll give their obligatory 7 or so years to the franchises that drafted and after that they will join teams with guys they want to play with in cities they want to play with if those franchises haven’t done right by them.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
First, I said MODERN ring culture.
And 2nd, Jordan himself stated in his documentary that he wanted that 1st ring to be in the discussion with Larry and Magic. He himself felt it validated him on some level.
However as an individual player, even then, the world held Michael up as better than the "rings holders".

that 91 LWO Team wasn't supposed to be in the Finals. Portland was expected and predicted to go back after losing to Detroit in the 90 Finals.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
People don't have a problem with super teams per se. But with top 5 players joining super teams.
I legit think the narratives would be completely if Lebron stayed in Cleveland and Wade and Bosh came and joined him there.
Or if Durant stayed in OKC and Harden and Irving Joined him.

People don't like the idea of an MVP caliber joining a super team, a goat level player shouldn't be a ring chasing journeyman. He should make his team good enough to attract other stars. Nobody has a problem with you having "help" but you should be able to make a team good enough that your organization can recruit superstars. leaving your team to join another one just comes off as a sign of weakness to me.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This

Bron stans trying hard to not admit that these dudes were definitely past their prime

Only thing is they all knew there roles and was still pretty good at it. KG as a lowpost defender/scorer, Ray Allen as a shooter, PP as an all-around scorer, drafted a young Rondo who would hardly score but made the offense run perfectly, a hof coach, a solid bench, etc.

They were a good team immediately because of all that, and a superteam that no one cared got formed because the Big 3 were all considered past their prime. Not to mention being in the east

Yup. Good team. Old hardened soldier types who could still get it done. But calling it a superteam is mischaracterizing things. Thankfully they didn’t join up five years earlier as that would’ve been a real problem.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
People don't have a problem with super teams per se. But with top 5 players joining super teams.
I legit think the narratives would be completely if Lebron stayed in Cleveland and Wade and Bosh came and joined him there.

People don't like the idea of an MVP caliber joining a super team, a goat level player shouldn't be a ring chasing journeyman. He should make his team good enough to attract other stars. Nobody has a problem with you having "help" but you should be able to do it the team you were drafted to. Once you go out and look for a championship team to join, you lose credibility as a player who can lift up an entire organization.
Miami :hula:Cleveland

NYC :hula:Oklahoma City

It don’t really be about what happened it’s about optics and narratives

No smoke for the actual front offices who court these guys and create the contracts

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Miami :hula:Cleveland

NYC :hula:Oklahoma City

It don’t really be about what happened it’s about optics and narratives

No smoke for the actual front offices who court these guys and create the contracts
It's easier to win by joining a defending champ, than it is by being good enough to attracted quality vets.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

People don't like the idea of an MVP caliber joining a super team, a goat level player shouldn't be a ring chasing journeyman. He should make his team good enough to attract other stars. Nobody has a problem with you having "help" but you should be able to do it the team you were drafted to. Once you go out and look for a championship team to join, you lose credibility as a player who can lift up an entire organization.
Right

I’m like why this dude ring chasing before he’s even in his prime :mindblown:

I don’t mind him going to South Beach compared to Cleveland but there were other places to go just as good. He wasn’t even the man on that team yet seeing as to how Wade had recently got his own ring in South Beach with only an older Shaq.

And then, all that gassing up of Cleveland and it being “his hometown”, only for him to bail out a few years later and that was immediately AFTER going to the finals.

idk... and they threw a lot of players at dude too just to try and make him happy (even though most were past their primes, they were allstars or even superstars at some point) but dude was never satisfied unless he was playing with another prime superstar caliber player imo and willing to leave to do that.