All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I don't think the Yankees season is jinxed without Cole.
The team overall is good enough to contend for a playoff spot.

What you do if Cole isn't available is you try to make the trade for Cease.
I don't think you go after Snell because I wouldn't want to give up the draft capital by signing him.

If Cease isn't available, maybe consider Montgomery. But I don't really love him either. I think he's still a Tier 3 pitcher (borderline Tier 2) and I would be hesitant to commit to big money there. Jordan Montgomery is a lot closer to Patrick Sandoval than he is Logan Gilbert or somebody like that.

Then you make sure you do your best to get as much bullpen depth as possible. And not necessarily a bunch of 1 inning specialty guys. You need to find a reliever or two that can give you 2+ innings, maybe even make spot starts if necessary because...it's gonna be necessary. Remember Ramiro Mendoza? Yeah. Kinda like that.

Get Trevor Bauer for peanuts, give him a Bobby Valentine mustache and since the jerseys don’t have names on the back then maybe you can get away with it :troll:

r552388_935x526_16-9.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Get Trevor Bauer for peanuts, give him a Bobby Valentine mustache and since the jerseys don’t have names on the back then maybe you can get away with it :troll:

r552388_935x526_16-9.jpg
That's funny but I would absolutely sign Trevor Bauer.

Incentives for hitting certain benchmarks so the risk is low but the reward is through the roof.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That's funny but I would absolutely sign Trevor Bauer.

Incentives for hitting certain benchmarks so the risk is low but the reward is through the roof.

The bootleg casuals and sex abuse brigade would whine about it for a couple of weeks but he’d be fine and if he’s lights out on the mound, all is magically forgiven. NYC media will rake his ass over hot coals no matter what but election year fūckery is taking precedence — so he’d survive.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The bootleg casuals and sex abuse brigade would whine about it for a couple of weeks but he’d be fine and if he’s lights out on the mound, all is magically forgiven. NYC media will rake his ass over hot coals no matter what but election year fūckery is taking precedence — so he’d survive.
But it was proved that woman lied.

Am I missing something

:why:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But it was proved that woman lied.

Am I missing something

Indeed but he’s still got “allegations” from 2 other chicks and even tho it’s just allegations, the heat that comes with it might not be worth it for teams.

Shǐt, he had his little exhibition a couple of days ago and was lighting up the gun in the high 90s and no team sent a scout to take a look at him. Maybe he gets backdoored into a roster well after the season starts but it’s hard to think a team is eager to have him in the bullpen on Opening Day

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't know that the White Sox traded Cease to the Padres yesterday.

Brian Cashman couldn't make a deal work?

The Padres gave up Drew Thorpe, Jairo Iniarte, Samuel Zavala and Steven Wilson.

And only Iniarte is a top 100 prospect. At least according to the Fangraphs rankings.