All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Word to Jomboy, is this Cole elbow situation just a Boras negotiation tactic on the low to make the Yankees sign Snell?

I hope so. :lawd:
In the meantime I'm here like

giphy.gif

• Angry
Reactions: Rev

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

The only positive result is that supposedly he didn't tear any ligament, but I don't believe the Yankees for a second.

Going to another Dr. when he has probably been going to doctors since reporting injury is a bad sign. I'm guessing his ligament is stretched or torn and seeing if rehab is a route that can work instead of surgery.

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Michael Kay has been completely unhinged the last 2-3 days, yellin at Don about HIPAA laws :gucci::why:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Cole is likely done for the year.
If you don't know what the injury is after a week, you're not gonna find out he's all good and just needs a month.
and if so, then the season's just jinxed.

They should focus on developing Warren /Beeter correctly and just let Schmidt get to 180+ innings no matter what.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the Yankees season is jinxed without Cole.
The team overall is good enough to contend for a playoff spot.

What you do if Cole isn't available is you try to make the trade for Cease.
I don't think you go after Snell because I wouldn't want to give up the draft capital by signing him.

If Cease isn't available, maybe consider Montgomery. But I don't really love him either. I think he's still a Tier 3 pitcher (borderline Tier 2) and I would be hesitant to commit to big money there. Jordan Montgomery is a lot closer to Patrick Sandoval than he is Logan Gilbert or somebody like that.

Then you make sure you do your best to get as much bullpen depth as possible. And not necessarily a bunch of 1 inning specialty guys. You need to find a reliever or two that can give you 2+ innings, maybe even make spot starts if necessary because...it's gonna be necessary. Remember Ramiro Mendoza? Yeah. Kinda like that.