All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always said I want a Yankees/Dodgers World Series before I leave this earth. Those might not be "my" teams, but you will catch me in both team threads showing my support :pachaha:
From the Yankees perspective, it's possible though I don't think it's very likely they reach the World Series.
They could. I just think the gap between them and the AL East is fairly narrow. And the Astros are still going to be a factor.

Maybe if Stanton discovers the fountain of youth with his new conditioning and new swing, he gives the offense a nice boost.
But the rotation is flimsy.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I always said I want a Yankees/Dodgers World Series before I leave this earth. Those might not be "my" teams, but you will catch me in both team threads showing my support :pachaha:
What we really needed was Yankees vs cubs pre 2016 and especially with the Yankees on a 1996-2003 style heater. They met in the 70’s and a lot of people forget since all anyone remembers is Reggie Jackson going yard on 3 straight pitches off 3 different pitchers to 3 different sections of the stadium in the clincher.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
What you need in October is pitching..always has been the most important component or championship teams

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It bears repeating that Brian Cashman has still been a major failure.
Somehow the fans and media have forgotten about how much they hated him at the end of the 2023 season.

No Yankees pitching prospect inspires much of anything right now.
Even Chase Hampton is viewed as a back-end starter at best.

Hampton was the only Yankees pitcher in MLB.com's Top 100 prospects list.
And only Hampton and Will Warren made Fangraphs' Top 100 list -- both near the bottom.

Brian Cashman and the Yankees have to explain why a franchise worth 7 billion dollars can't develop starting pitching prospects for shyt.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Somehow the fans and media have forgotten about how much they hated him at the end of the 2023 season.

And only Hampton and Will Warren made Fangraphs' Top 100 list -- both near the bottom.

Brian Cashman and the Yankees have to explain why a franchise worth 7 billion dollars can't develop starting pitching prospects for shyt.

They're so scared (and the fans are to blame for this as well). Schmidt and Gil are the 4th and 5th starter and that bothers the fanbase. The Yankee fans wanted Snell who on a good day still only gives you 6 innings and a guy that isn't here now because the same analytics nerds didn't believe in him.

Until Yankees fans stop being in denial of needing minor leaguers to pan out, we're never gonna firmly give these guys a fair shot.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Hampton was the only Yankees pitcher in MLB.com's 100 prospects list.

They're so scared (and the fans are to blame for this as well). Schmidt and Gil are the 4th and 5th starter and that bothers the fanbase. The Yankee fans wanted Snell who on a good day still only gives you 6 innings and a guy that isn't here now because the same analytics nerds didn't believe in him.

Until Yankees fans stop being in denial of needing minor leaguers to pan out, we're never gonna firmly give these guys a fair shot.
We’d be more trusting if this team were capable of developing a starter seeing as how the closest they’ve come to developing any in the past 30 years was Monty, who they gave away for a slap hitting righty in a walking boot who’d be cut from the team 13 months later and Sevy, who missed about as much time from 2019 onward as Bill Walton in the late 70’s/early 80’s. The other big thing is they basically refuse to let the young guys play unless they absolutely have to and have nothing left to lose by doing so, like late last year and in 2016 once A-Rod and Teixera hit the wall for good.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They destroyed deivi garciA

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don’t forget Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, Chen Min Wang, and basically every other pitcher who they tried to make into a starter besides Monty over the past 25 years.
At the time I actually thought Chien Ming Wang could have been something if he didn't get hurt. I kinda wished he could be a version of Brandon Webb. If I remember right they were both sinker ball pitchers.

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Oh....

GJjrJCIWsAAqu78

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Monty takes a 1 year $25 million deal with Arizona. Hal couldn’t have matched this :martin:? He really let the NL Cy Young winner go elsewhere on a 2 year $62 million deal and let Monty go elsewhere on a 1 year deal when they haven’t got a single reliable starter at the moment? They’re really gonna go into the year with the same issue that burns out their pen by July/August and still have 4 spots in their infield that could be disastrous again too? Judge & Soto will need to hit a combined 100+ homers and drive in 210+ runs to keep this team even around .500 for the season.

They still haven’t extended Soto either. With the roster they have, if they lose him, best case scenario for the next 5-7 years is staying out of last place. I still see no reason why we should trust this team is committed to winning at all :beli:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Soto isn't signing an extension. If NYY wants to keep him, they're gonna write the check.

And if Soto signs with the Dodgers on some 50 million dollar, 950 million deferred bullshyt, then someone needs to die because this league is truly corrupt.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Soto isn't signing an extension. If NYY wants to keep him, they're gonna write the check.

And if Soto signs with the Dodgers on some 50 million dollar, 950 million deferred bullshyt, then someone needs to die because this league is truly corrupt.
Hal would be more than content with him doing that because if anything it would help his campaign for a lower tax threshold and a hard salary cap. If he doesn’t fix the infield quick, fix the rotation (the starters besides Cole were 25th in ERA and 25th in innings per start last year) AND extend Soto long term, then he may as well move the team to Indiana or Iowa or some other place where nobody will care about them anymore.

In a span of maybe 7 days I went from hopeful/almost excited about the season to where I was in 2022 where I stopped watching/listening in July and last year where I watched opening day because it was on at my job and aside from that only tuned into their radio broadcast on Sirius after Volpe’s first homer because I was curious to hear what Sterling’s call of it would be. Won’t take a lot for this organization to put the fans back in the mindset where they were in September where the stadium had a lot of empty seats. Can’t keep telling the fans you’re all in after a big move and then make no moves whatsoever after that while you keep selling tickets built around the legacy your dad built and then also put games on pay per view & ads on the uniforms while dropping $200 million on an ownership stake in an Italian soccer team if you want them to show up.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Monty takes a 1 year $25 million deal with Arizona. Hal couldn’t have matched this :martin:? He really let the NL Cy Young winner go elsewhere on a 2 year $62 million deal and let Monty go elsewhere on a 1 year deal when they haven’t got a single reliable starter at the moment? They’re really gonna go into the year with the same issue that burns out their pen by July/August and still have 4 spots in their infield that could be disastrous again too? Judge & Soto will need to hit a combined 100+ homers and drive in 210+ runs to keep this team even around .500 for the season.

They still haven’t extended Soto either. With the roster they have, if they lose him, best case scenario for the next 5-7 years is staying out of last place. I still see no reason why we should trust this team is committed to winning at all :beli:
Supposedly the Yankees wanted to give him more years, but at less AAV. Monty wasn't coming back, especially at 1 year when he knows the Yankees staff didn't believe in him like that.

As for Soto, he was never gonna accept an extension before the season because of Boras. He's taking that to free agency no matter what the Yankees wanna offer him.

If the Yankees lost Soto because they're paying Rodon and Snell $55+ mil a year, the fanbase would hate that too. There's a very good chance they keep Soto but lose Torres and Holmes anyway. Simply put, they're not gonna operate on a $400 mil payroll because we assume they can. The best way to produce AND keep costs down is your youngins gotta produce. If they don't, it's not gonna matter how many free agents they sign. I'm hoping Schmidt and Gil take steps forward and actually have the team trust them before they become the next Gumby.