All Gas, No Brakes! - 2021 New York Jets Off-Season thread

Are we winning the Super Bowl this year?

• Total voters

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We cant.. need a corner too. :unimpressed:

I just saw someone do a mock draft simulator where CB Patrick Surtain was there at 23. As unlikely as that is, if that happens, we ain't passing up on him. So under the right circumstances, we could go corner as early as 23.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I just saw someone do a mock draft simulator where CB Patrick Surtain was there at 23. As unlikely as that is, if that happens, we ain't passing up on him. So under the right circumstances, we could go corner as early as 23.

I just did one, with no trades (to keep it as real as possible) and I came away with:

QB - Zach Wilson BYU
OG - Alijah Vera-Tucker USC
OG - Wyatt Davis OSU
RB - Javonte Williams MEM
CB - Tyson Cambell UGA
S/CB - Ardarius Washington TCU

I only did 4 rounds.. but I dont know... I just cant see Joe going offense for his first 4 picks.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just did one, with no trades (to keep it as real as possible) and I came away with:

QB - Zach Wilson BYU
OG - Alijah Vera-Tucker USC
OG - Wyatt Davis OSU
RB - Javonte Williams MEM
CB - Tyson Cambell UGA
S/CB - Ardarius Washington TCU

I only did 4 rounds.. but I dont know... I just cant see Joe going offense for his first 4 picks.

What program or website did you use? The one that had Surtain falling to us was PFF's.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
How much of it is Douglas being lackadaisical as opposed to talent just not being willing to play for us for a reasonable price? Either way, it's looking like QB, O line, Oline as the first 3 draft picks to me....
I think people are seriously underestimating how bad our jacket is. Everyone we sign are either cats who were legit fans of the team, guys who see the NY market as a plus or guys who we threw a big ass bag at. People shyt on Joe for not landing Thuney, but if KC and us are offering him the same price, tf would he choose us for? Especially with a brand new ROOKIE head coach and uncertainty at the QB position. We gotta do some winning to change the perception of the team.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think people are seriously underestimating how bad our jacket is. Everyone we sign are either cats who were legit fans of the team, guys who see the NY market as a plus or guys who we threw a big ass bag at. People shyt on Joe for not landing Thuney, but if KC and us are offering him the same price, tf would he choose us for? Especially with a brand new ROOKIE head coach and uncertainty at the QB position. We gotta do some winning to change the perception of the team.

Bingo.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

Just watched it. Lets keep it a buck.. the kid looked good. He can make all the throws. He's got a strong ass arm. He's mobile. He's got that 'it' factor.

Then there's this..

I dont know why.. but dude kinda strikes me as that frat boy/troublemaker type dude. Seems entitled. Maybe its the Backstreet Boy look that he got? :yeshrug:

Nick-Carter.jpg

tenor.gif

Now here's the question... did the Jets fall in love with dude? Or are they thinking about what that #2 pick can fetch them, considering what #3 went for? :francis:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The throw that the broadcasters called the throw of the pro day season...that was filthy. I'm not mad at picking him, wouldn't mind trading down either though. That's especially true after seeing the compensation for pick 3.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
Just watched it. Lets keep it a buck.. the kid looked good. He can make all the throws. He's got a strong ass arm. He's mobile. He's got that 'it' factor.

Then there's this..

I dont know why.. but dude kinda strikes me as that frat boy/troublemaker type dude. Seems entitled. Maybe its the Backstreet Boy look that he got? :yeshrug:

tenor.gif

Now here's the question... did the Jets fall in love with dude? Or are they thinking about what that #2 pick can fetch them, considering what #3 went for? :francis:

that picture is way too fukking big :russ:

couple of the throws were crazy :whew:

my nitpicks would be his medicals and that he seems to prefer being offplatform.. running around and doing all sorts of twisted shyt with his legs.. random hops, jumps and skips.. i think it makes him miss some throws he should make.

but the arm is NICE. the release is quick af. there were some throws he made this season that had me :mindblown: the trajectory and spin is crazy

yeah his family seems rich rich. his uncle founded jetblue i think. i don't wanna hold that against him though

all signs point to the jets loving wilson

i still like fields though :yeshrug:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
my nitpicks would be his medicals and that he seems to prefer being offplatform.. running around and doing all sorts of twisted shyt with his legs.. random hops, jumps and skips.. i think it makes him miss some throws he should make.
This! I like him, but I worry about him just staying in the pocket and making the throw consistently.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
This! I like him, but I worry about him just staying in the pocket and making the throw consistently.

It's weird.. cause I kinda felt the same way.. but if you look at his college film.. dude has grown men blocking for him, and he stays in the pocket, and makes all the throws. He's confusing as hell :heh: