All Eyez On Me (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Comedy is about as subjective as it gets though.

Trying to criticize comedy is pointless. Because all of us have different sense of humor. What one of us finds brilliant the next man finds stupid as hell.

Same with horror which is why I roll my eyes anytime someone goes into a thread mad at a critic score for a horror movie

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
After watching, I feel the lifetime comparisons. It feels like a collection of sad scenes, there's not much joy to be had. Every event feels disconnected from one another, like they just throwing the story of his life without real exposition, like a Wikipedia page or some shyt. Felt like a C grade movie company was handling the production. I feel like every character that was also in Straight Outta Compton was casted better there. In fact I wish the SOC company handled this entire movie

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
word is PAC booked his cuba retreat in the movie off on GroupOn smh

i want my money back..

almost walked out when i saw Pac rambling about BIG on his snapchat smh

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Without looking, I'm guessing Benny Boom had never directing anything before this.

Because yikes did this need some work.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Word of mouth meant a lot more. Which is why films,the good ones,used to have such huge legs. Well one of the reasons.

Nowadays people have made up their mind about a film before it's even out,which is reflected by huge first weekends and not many films having legs. Compared to older times anyway.

I mean there's obviously a lot of other factors but I just remember growing up nobody ever,ever quoted a goddamn critic when talking about what movie should we see this week?

I think this has more to do with the fact we get a tentpole release every other week and, more so, because the window between theater and home video release is like half what it was 10 or 15 years ago.

Nobody quoted critics because they likely only had access to three. Their local paper + Dispel and Ebert. And people knew the thumb scale. If a critic's review keeps you away from a movie that you eventually realize you like, that's on you. But the truth is, most movies that are savaged by critics are savaged for good reason.

The best advice I can give someone is to find a critic whose tastes line up with theirs and trust them more than an RT score.

The Up Right Man

All Star
Daps
I saw the movie, I thought is was good. I don't understand what people want from this movie. People complaining of accuracy, it's to dark,etc. The movie was good period, if you didn't go see it forget the nonsense social media talking about. The only bad part of the movie was snoop dog, also wasn't this move a low budget movie similar to a inde film?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just got back from seeing it.

You can tell a lot of heart was put into this film. Demetrius Shipp did a MUCH better job than I initially gave him credit for and not just because he looks like Pac. But because he really channeled Pac, especially the prison and Death Row era. The Death Row East interview he did when he called out Nas and Bad Boy I actually thought was real archival footage.

Now Heart and dedication can only get you so far. My skepticism regarding this film always ALWAYS stems from my belief that an effective Pac can't be done properly unless it's a 3 hour epic ala Malcom X. Pac's story was always suited for something like an HBO mini-series where his origins could properly breathe. Take this SAME cast and give them a 3-4 part series and I gurantee you have gold. The direction by Benny Boom is all over the place, and I think it's because, again they crammed so much into the film that things got lost in translation. For instance the Pac-Kidada relationship should've been a litttllleeee more fleshed out and I feel like Afeni should've been given more of an arc. You don't go from proud Black Panther to junkie without showing the reasons why.

I'd rate it a 6.5/10 based off the performances alone. I appreciate the effort, I really do. And most of the material from the Death Row era onward is dope but a Pac biopic deserves more