All Eyez On Me (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the reviews will hurt but most damaging is its just not a good film save for the lead actors endeavor. Breaking even is what its looking like.

Yeah I thought they might too but...its tupac. Those reviews may hurt people who were on the fence, but if you've been waiting to see this movie for 20 years, no amount of bad reviews will stop you. Tupac is an icon at this point. And also, this is an indie movie, which i think people are forgetting. This isn't Straight Outta Compton, which costs less to make but had a huge company backing it. This is a low budget flick they shot without a release date and without proper backing from a distributor yet. Morgan creek put the flick into production and hoped they'd get it picked up after the fact, which happened. If the studio is expecting it to just make 15 or 20 this weekend and it makes 30-33, that's a W. It only costs $40 million to make so yeah making back their budget in the theater and whatever they get from home video they'll be fine.

I can't speak on the quality because I haven't seen it yet but I'm also not in a rush because it just doesn't look right to me, but I will catch it.
Quote a bunch of old white men to confirm your bias about a film before seeing it brehs.

It's going to blow past projections for the weekend.

Let's be fair breh...not all white men lol. And even then, some of those white guys who wrote these reviews profess their love for the man in their reviews so if anything, they probably went in with their expectations sky fukking high because that's their guy.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yeah I thought they might too but...its tupac. Those reviews may hurt people who were on the fence, but if you've been waiting to see this movie for 20 years, no amount of bad reviews will stop you. Tupac is an icon at this point. And also, this is an indie movie, which i think people are forgetting. This isn't Straight Outta Compton, which costs less to make but had a huge company backing it. This is a low budget flick they shot without a release date and without proper backing from a distributor yet. Morgan creek put the flick into production and hoped they'd get it picked up after the fact, which happened. If the studio is expecting it to just make 15 or 20 this weekend and it makes 30-33, that's a W. It only costs $40 million to make so yeah making back their budget in the theater and whatever they get from home video they'll be fine.

I can't speak on the quality because I haven't seen it yet but I'm also not in a rush because it just doesn't look right to me, but I will catch it.

Let's be fair breh...not all white men lol. And even then, some of those white guys who wrote these reviews profess their love for the man in their reviews so if anything, they probably went in with their expectations sky fukking high because that's their guy.
It was a tongue in cheek comment meant to jab not entirely serious.

Either way,I can't stand when people quote critics(of any race) as if it's meant to prove something. It's a person's opinion,and I could give a shyt less that because they write for some website that nobody has heard of,or some newspaper on the brink of bankruptcy, I'm supposed to give a shyt.

People need to be able to form their own thoughts instead of spewing out others.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Thats a valid point.
Compton did 200 Mil so I was perhaps erroneously sort of expecting this to get close to that. Its not going to be close to that because of the reasons you stated........but also, I was expecting a Malcom X type epic. man this was a wikipedia summary made into a movie. Nothing deep at all. Steve McQueen is gonna top this with his biopic easily.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It was a tongue in cheek comment meant to jab not entirely serious.

Either way,I can't stand when people quote critics(of any race) as if it's meant to prove something. It's a person's opinion,and I could give a shyt less that because they write for some website that nobody has heard of,or some newspaper on the brink of bankruptcy, I'm supposed to give a shyt.

Feel like you may need to say that again for the cheap seats

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats a valid point.
Compton did 200 Mil so I was perhaps erroneously sort of expecting this to get close to that. Its not going to be close to that because of the reasons you stated........but also, I was expecting a Malcom X type epic. man this was a wikipedia summary made into a movie. Nothing deep at all. Steve McQueen is gonna top this with his biopic easily.

Well I actually expected it to be a typical paint by numbers biopic that reads more like the greatest hits of his life than an actual album. And I know the greatest hits already.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Feel like you may need to say that again for the cheap seats
Unfortunately we've reached a place where people take Metadata percentage scores of people they don't know as gospel.:francis:

Don't know how we got here breh. It's almost as if having the world's knowledge at our finger tips has made a lot of people incredibly intellectually lazy. :ohhh:

I can't even count how many times I've seen people dismiss a movie because of reviews only to watch it later on home services saying critics don't know what they're talking about they loved said film. Only to repeat the cycle constantly. Or the reverse. Go see a film because of great reviews only to hate it.:lolbron:

It's almost as if we are individuals and films might strike us all differently depending on our tastes and life experiences and trying to force that into a score is not a system that one should actually allow to control us.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Unfortunately we've reached a place where people take Metadata percentage scores of people they don't know as gospel.:francis:

Don't know how we got here breh. It's almost as if having the world's knowledge at our finger tips has made a lot of people incredibly intellectually lazy. :ohhh:

I can't even count how many times I've seen people dismiss a movie because of reviews only to watch it later on home services saying critics don't know what they're talking about they loved said film. Only to repeat the cycle constantly. Or the reverse. Go see a film because of great reviews only to hate it.:lolbron:

Yup. The crazy thing is, we can't say whether it was like this before the internet although it probably was but twitter and message boards and Facebook magnifies everything. I'm sure there were people who bytched and moaned about siskel and ebert giving a movie two thumbs up they thought was terrible or dismiss a movie because the reviews weren't there. Or just vehemently be mad at the reviewers because they shytted on something they love or want to love.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yup. The crazy thing is, we can't say whether it was like this before the internet although it probably was but twitter and message boards and Facebook magnifies everything. I'm sure there were people who bytched and moaned about siskel and ebert giving a movie two thumbs up they thought was terrible or dismiss a movie because the reviews weren't there. Or just vehemently be mad at the reviewers because they shytted on something they love or want to love.
Word of mouth meant a lot more. Which is why films,the good ones,used to have such huge legs. Well one of the reasons.

Nowadays people have made up their mind about a film before it's even out,which is reflected by huge first weekends and not many films having legs. Compared to older times anyway.

I mean there's obviously a lot of other factors but I just remember growing up nobody ever,ever quoted a goddamn critic when talking about what movie should we see this week?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Word of mouth meant a lot more. Which is why films,the good ones,used to have such huge legs. Well one of the reasons.

Nowadays people have made up their mind about a film before it's even out,which is reflected by huge first weekends and not many films having legs. Compared to older times anyway.

I mean there's obviously a lot of other factors but I just remember growing up nobody ever,ever quoted a goddamn critic when talking about what movie should we see this week?

Because we didn't care:russ: we were kids for one and two, when we saw something we wanted to see, we saw it. we weren't dissuaded by anything. If it were now, Ace Ventura wouldn't have been a hit because the target audience would be bytching and moaning online about its RT score, which is abysmal as hell:picard:

The problem is, people want it both ways. Demean critics when we disagree and prop them up when we agree. You either don't give a fukk about them or you do, but cherry picking is ridiculous

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Because we didn't care:russ: we were kids for one and two, when we saw something we wanted to see, we saw it. we weren't dissuaded by anything. If it were now, Ace Ventura wouldn't have been a hit because the target audience would be bytching and moaning online about its RT score, which is abysmal as hell:picard:

The problem is, people want it both ways. Demean critics when we disagree and prop them up when we agree. You either don't give a fukk about them or you do, but cherry picking is ridiculous
Lol man, I usually just combine the user rating and the critics score
But comedies I'll just look at the user score cause critics hate comedies unless it's some revolutionary shyt

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Lol man, I usually just combine the user rating and the critics score
But comedies I'll just look at the user score cause critics hate comedies unless it's some revolutionary shyt
Comedy is about as subjective as it gets though.

Trying to criticize comedy is pointless. Because all of us have different sense of humor. What one of us finds brilliant the next man finds stupid as hell.