All Eyez On Me (Official Thread)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The actor who played snoop said it wasn't a voice over

Is there some article you guys read with the film makers or snoop saying it was or somebody said it so everybody is running with it?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
The actor who played snoop said it wasn't a voice over

Is there some article you guys read with the film makers or snoop saying it was or somebody said it so everybody is running with it?
You know that nikka lying
lying.png

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from seeing it.

You can tell a lot of heart was put into this film. Demetrius Shipp did a MUCH better job than I initially gave him credit for and not just because he looks like Pac. But because he really channeled Pac, especially the prison and Death Row era. The Death Row East interview he did when he called out Nas and Bad Boy I actually thought was real archival footage.

Now Heart and dedication can only get you so far. My skepticism regarding this film always ALWAYS stems from my belief that an effective Pac can't be done properly unless it's a 3 hour epic ala Malcom X. Pac's story was always suited for something like an HBO mini-series where his origins could properly breathe. Take this SAME cast and give them a 3-4 part series and I gurantee you have gold. The direction by Benny Boom is all over the place, and I think it's because, again they crammed so much into the film that things got lost in translation. For instance the Pac-Kidada relationship should've been a litttllleeee more fleshed out and I feel like Afeni should've been given more of an arc. You don't go from proud Black Panther to junkie without showing the reasons why.

I'd rate it a 6.5/10 based off the performances alone. I appreciate the effort, I really do. And most of the material from the Death Row era onward is dope but a Pac biopic deserves more

Like the new edition series

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The beyond cliched trope of the benevolent drug dealer brutally assaulting some random guy, minutes after showing his compassion

The briefcase scene to introduce Hatian Jack/Jimmy Henchmen/Nigel, that guy was a drug dealer right? Like a serious one? I need 52 of them. It's right here.

The FBI agent following Afeni, and searching for her husband, when he was at their house......

The stabbing in Clinton, with what looked like butcher knife kitchen prop

Someone randomly getting stabbed to death as they walk into their apartment

The set design was never even close to authentic, at any point in the movie

The Snoop voice over not matching his lips from the very first scene

The 360 angle shot where Pac realizes Biggie was to blame, as the camera circles, his brain rapidly reaches the only possible conclusion

Maino chewing the scenery as Tut/Dexter Issac/composite

All the expository dialouge from every other character

The Death Row dinner scene, where they have the worst table in what seems to be a very small resturaunt, the matre'd is around the corner from a private party

The constant reminders of what city we were in, despite opening scenes with Pac or other characters announcing they were in New York

The slow motion limo after Pac shot the cops in Atl

When he kneeled to shoot (unless that was factual)

The stock footage of airplanes flying, cities, Malibu, the private plane in the hanger before takeoff? LOL

I'll start with that. This was a lowest common denominator movie it's beyond sleazy, and/or indicates how artistically dead and directionless the directors, writers, and producers are, to let this be released.

:snoop: