All Eyez On Me (Official Thread)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Just got back from seeing it.

You can tell a lot of heart was put into this film. Demetrius Shipp did a MUCH better job than I initially gave him credit for and not just because he looks like Pac. But because he really channeled Pac, especially the prison and Death Row era. The Death Row East interview he did when he called out Nas and Bad Boy I actually thought was real archival footage.

Now Heart and dedication can only get you so far. My skepticism regarding this film always ALWAYS stems from my belief that an effective Pac can't be done properly unless it's a 3 hour epic ala Malcom X. Pac's story was always suited for something like an HBO mini-series where his origins could properly breathe. Take this SAME cast and give them a 3-4 part series and I gurantee you have gold. The direction by Benny Boom is all over the place, and I think it's because, again they crammed so much into the film that things got lost in translation. For instance the Pac-Kidada relationship should've been a litttllleeee more fleshed out and I feel like Afeni should've been given more of an arc. You don't go from proud Black Panther to junkie without showing the reasons why.

I'd rate it a 6.5/10 based off the performances alone. I appreciate the effort, I really do. And most of the material from the Death Row era onward is dope but a Pac biopic deserves more
yeah thats the issue, everybody wants to do a Tupac doc, but no one wants to do a Tupac epic. SoC was an epic and that's even a movie that could've been longer in certain places. They gave us too many seeds in this movie and didn't let them grow nearly enough

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Did Singleton really want Pac to get raped and have the man's mother caught in a 3 some? :dahell:

Dude's done some African American-central classics (one might even say blassics) but I don't know if I could've stood to the man's story as depressing as it already was in this movie then see him get beaten and raped in jail :francis: Think I would've had to keep it moving after that

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
After watching, I feel the lifetime comparisons. It feels like a collection of sad scenes, there's not much joy to be had. Every event feels disconnected from one another, like they just throwing the story of his life without real exposition, like a Wikipedia page or some shyt. Felt like a C grade movie company was handling the production. I feel like every character that was also in Straight Outta Compton was casted better there. In fact I wish the SOC company handled this entire movie

Oh word? I thought niccas would love a film like this

Coli taught me we're not supposed to have fun or enjoy movies and joy is trash. What about the cinematography? Cuz I was also taught that as long as the scenes look good, it doesnt matter if it fees disconnected and lacks exposition?

Oh well, shucks.... I guess they can come correct on the "Ultimate Editions" on blu ray.

Hey @Jax and @hex ? Living Tribunal or Uatu?

Can we trade a sticky spot for this thread? I think its time to swap out Terrific Thot and put this up

Preciate

Martha

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Just back from seeing it, definitely should've been a mini-series instead of big screen. Other than that the acting was good, dude had pac mannerisms down for real. I'm surprise they didn't have him doing the George Jefferson strut walking out of court aftet getting off for shooting those cac cops :pachaha:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Much better in relation to all the slander I read beforehand. Hated the swift jump in years in like the first 15 minutes, and them using fukking voiceovers for Faith and Snoop, but not really any other complaints. This really needed to be a multi part series instead though, cause there's so much they could have expounded on, especially the early years of him. Would have to hit wiki to figure out others, but the PAC, Suge, Afeni, and Jada roles were as close as you'll probably get. The dude that played Dr. Dre was spot on too. Sounded just like him and it wasn't actually shytty voiceover. I was expecting a Lifetime movie the way people were talking about it and was pleasantly surprised.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Who was that old head in prison? Felt like something important but came and went so damn quick

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish Demetrius could get another shot at playing Pac with a better production team/director.

This was like a practice run for him.His first time acting and he nailed that shyt IMO.

In better hands, I feel like he could pull off a Jamie Foxx/Ray Charles performance.

His portrayal of Pac was far & away the best thing about this film.

As I said in the other thread, the production team let that dude down.

Gave him some rushed, lackluster shyt to work with.

Breh has a epic performance in him...I can see it.

Too bad he got stuck with low grade LT Hutton/Benny Boom:francis:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The biggest issue was lack of character development due to every thing being rushed.

The 1st 15-20 mins felt like a bunch of IG clips strung together.

The acting was on point for everyone though. The directing got better once the timeline caught up to the interview.

Just like folks said, this should've been a mini series.

Please tell me that Maggie Murda from walking dead was supposed to be white and not a light skin chick. It couldve been the lighting but :patrice:

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Somebody hip me to who Maino, Tia Mowry's husband, and the Dee Dee from Half and Half's bf were playing in the movie.

King Poetic

Chow Yun Phat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Somebody hip me to who Maino, Tia Mowry's husband, and the Dee Dee from Half and Half's bf were playing in the movie.

i didn't see the movie yet, but if it was the guys who hit pac up at quad studios then it would have to be scooter bowens, dexter issacs, george campbell

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This was essentially disgraceful to Pac's legacy, music, and impact. I have to question the sincerity of the directors and producers.......That was low budget, D list quality in every way, I won't fault Shipp, the script and direction failed him on every level.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Man just got back and all I gotta say is MOTHERfukk that shytty ass ending. I was enjoying the movie until the end. They literally spat on Tupacs grave with that corny shyt. fukking corny ass smoke and gospel music. shyt legit pissed me off. At least in Notorious they gave us a funeral scene. We couldn't even get closure from Tupac's mother. Worst ending of all time.
pacwtf.png

As for the rest of the movie. I have no issue with any of the performances. They all did they thing, maybe except for the Snoop Dogg voice over :pachaha:. But shout out to D. Shipp cuz you can tell he put his heart and soul into this.

Here's what went wrong. You got the wrong director, who lacks the vision and integrity to make a coherent film. The editing was horrendous, the cinematography was all over the place, and the direction was trash.

With all that being said I give the movie a 6.5/10 off the strength of the performances and music alone. The ending man....just

giphy.gif