All Eyez On Me (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
For a 2.5 hour pac biopic movie, they had to have been hoping for more.
Then there is the reviews:

Newsday called it “a badly botched biopic that won’t earn Shakur any new fans and will disappoint the ones he has.”

Variety says, “Comprehensive but sketchy, richly atmospheric but often under-dramatized, it is not, in the end, a very good movie.”

The A.V. Club says, “All Eyez On Me has a guy who looks like Tupac, but not much else.”

Rolling Stones gave this movie 2 Stars while saying, “Tupac Shakur Does Not Get the Biopic He Deserves. The hip-hop icon gets the big-screen treatment – and not even a charismatic lead can keep this movie's head up.”

NY Times says, “All Eyez on Me’ Is Uninspired. Tupac Shakur Was Anything But… not only a clumsy and often bland account of his life and work, but it also gives little genuine insight into his thought, talent or personality.”

:francis:

Nah they were hoping for about 15-20 opening weekend. Cars is out so that's going to be big and Wonder Woman is still doing its thing. And this was a low budget flick. This isn't like universal making straight outta Compton. Morgan creek isn't a big studio and after the years and years of trying to get this thing out they'll come close to breaking even in the long run or maybe making a little profit depending on how much they spent on marketing. The reviews won't help but since when have you known Tupac die hards to care what anyone else says about anything Tupac related?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
For a 2.5 hour pac biopic movie, they had to have been hoping for more.
Then there is the reviews:

Newsday called it “a badly botched biopic that won’t earn Shakur any new fans and will disappoint the ones he has.”

Variety says, “Comprehensive but sketchy, richly atmospheric but often under-dramatized, it is not, in the end, a very good movie.”

The A.V. Club says, “All Eyez On Me has a guy who looks like Tupac, but not much else.”

Rolling Stones gave this movie 2 Stars while saying, “Tupac Shakur Does Not Get the Biopic He Deserves. The hip-hop icon gets the big-screen treatment – and not even a charismatic lead can keep this movie's head up.”

NY Times says, “All Eyez on Me’ Is Uninspired. Tupac Shakur Was Anything But… not only a clumsy and often bland account of his life and work, but it also gives little genuine insight into his thought, talent or personality.”

:francis:
Quote a bunch of old white men to confirm your bias about a film before seeing it brehs.

It's going to blow past projections for the weekend.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Damn. That bad?
No. Anybody saying they would rather watch a film where they wanted show 2pac raped,afeni have a 3 some, 2pac talk to his own severed head, and try to force himself on a white woman is a clown.

The movie is very by the numbers,buts it's fine. It even does a decent job of showing 2pac's weaknesses,like his anger and him letting himself be sucked into a gangster lifestyle. They had Pac barking on suge and gangsters in it,not just some weak guy being forced into stuff like I was afraid was going to happen.

Like I've said,it's not going to blow anyone away,but there's great moments in it and the actor did a great job. There is definitely things that can be nit picked.

The way they handle the sexual assault case alone was well done,John singleton probably would have 2pac actually rape the woman and then taunt her.

I'd still love to see a more talented film maker get a Crack, and have it focused on one part of his life,but it sure as fukk wouldn't be John singleton.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The guy who played shock g was great as well. The digital underground stuff was great.

They did an amazing job with the clothing and nailing the look and feel of the time periods. One of the biggest strengths of the film in fact.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Quote a bunch of old white men to confirm your bias about a film before seeing it brehs.

It's going to blow past projections for the weekend.
you havent seen it have you.edit:you have.
If you have thats cool.i agree with the "old white men" though. I hear 30 mil opening weekend, but full receipts out tommorow.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
you havent seen it have you.
I've already posted my review. I went opening night and gave the film a fair shake.

But I already know how you are. You want to have confirmation bias,not have your mind changed.

You did the same shyt with wonder woman. You didn't want to like gal gadot,so you ignored every review from critic or user that praises her,and focuses on anyone that didn't. :dead:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Nah they were hoping for about 15-20 opening weekend. Cars is out so that's going to be big and Wonder Woman is still doing its thing. And this was a low budget flick. This isn't like universal making straight outta Compton. Morgan creek isn't a big studio and after the years and years of trying to get this thing out they'll come close to breaking even in the long run or maybe making a little profit depending on how much they spent on marketing. The reviews won't help but since when have you known Tupac die hards to care what anyone else says about anything Tupac related?
the reviews will hurt but most damaging is its just not a good film save for the lead actors endeavor. Breaking even is what its looking like.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I've already posted my review. I went opening night and gave the film a fair shake.

But I already know how you are. You want to have confirmation bias,not have your mind changed.

You did the same shyt with wonder woman. You didn't want to like gal gadot,so you ignored every review from critic or user that praises her,and focuses on anyone that didn't. :dead:
now you just contradicted yourself. I called WW a hit.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
now you just contradicted yourself. I called WW a hit.
Where do I say anything about you calling ww a hit? Please step up your reading comprehension.

I specifically called you out for seeking confirmation bias about gal.

Same way you're doing for this film. You make up your mind about something before hand,and then seek out opinions that back up your already formed stance.

Last edited:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Where do I say anything about you calling ww a hit? Please step up your reading comprehension.

I specifically called you out for seeking confirmation bias about gal.

You mentioned that i did the same with the movie WW as i did with this movie.

I did not.

First of all, I went in to this movie excited. The proof of that is in my article, which you can read in my sig. I wrote that article last week. '' audiences will need to make up their own mind whether to see the movie or not........... I for one as a 2pac stan will definitely see it''

So there is no confirmation bias. I was hype for it, didnt start to dislike it until after it came out. That is the exact opposite of confirmation bias. I saw it myself and drew my own opinions.

Gal Gadot still cant act breh. Deal with my opinion or dont. The role did not call for a great actress, she, under the guide of the director, held it down.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You mentioned that i did the same with the movie WW as i did with this movie.

I did not.

First of all, I went in to this movie excited. The proof of that is in my article, which you can read in my sig. I wrote that article last week. '' audiences will need to make up their own mind whether to see the movie or not........... I for one as a 2pac stan will definitely see it''

So there is no confirmation bias. I was hype for it, didnt start to dislike it until after it came out. That is the exact opposite of confirmation bias.

Gal Gadot still cant act breh. Deal with my opinion or dont. The role did not call for a great actress, she, under the guide of the director, held it down.
You did the same thing,don't make me bring up your quotes and make you look dumb.

Have you actually seen the film in question yet? Yes or no.