All Eyez On Me (Official Thread)

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'd rather watch the controversial and morally grey Singleton version of the film than a sanitized made for TV nothing version of it.

At least one of them would add to the conversation of Pac in a substantial way.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The movie was cool. It wasn't great but it was cool I will say this, it WAY better than NOTORIOUS and WAY MORE authentic than STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON. The problems have nothing to do with the acting, the scenes themselves, and even the screenplay. It's just BENNY BOOM is not a great or even a good director. So, it was badly paced, badly edited, and all of it bunched together due to the fact that even in a 2.5hr film that's no way you can tell his full life properly. Had this been a 10 episode series on NETFLIX or HBO it'll be hella dope because it would of been spread out properly and not slapped on all at once.
Say what you will about Straight Outta Compton, but F.Gary Gray directed the hell out of that movie. Shame Pac's film gets Benny Boom. smh

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'd rather watch the controversial and morally grey Singleton version of the film than a sanitized made for TV nothing version of it.

At least one of them would add to the conversation of Pac in a substantial way.

You'd rather watch Pac almost rape a white woman and then get emasculated in prison :wtf:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Say what you will about Straight Outta Compton, but F.Gary Gray directed the hell out of that movie. Shame Pac's film gets Benny Boom. smh

Feels like they could've gotten better had they held out but maybe they felt it was necessary after burning through three directors. Three directors with more than music videos to their names

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Jada Pinkett Smith has spoken out about her issues with the new Tupac Shakur biopic. Smith posted on Twitter revealing that she has taken issues with several scenes in All Eyez on Me, claiming that it doesn’t accurately portray her relationship with the late rapper.

Smith posted to the social media site saying that the scene in which Tupac reads her a poem didn’t happen and that they never fought backstage at his shows. She also says the way they parted wasn’t accurately portrayed, though she makes note to praise the performances of Demetrius Shipp, Jr. and Kat Graham, who played Shakur and her.

One of the film’s producers, L.T. Hutton,told TMZ that he was disappointed and hurt by Smith’s comments, saying that the film took liberties in order to show who Tupac was and who he wanted to be, as well as and who he had to be.

Hutton said that he researched the relationship and believes Smith was fairly represented. He said he had no intention of hurting her and had believed she didn’t take issue with the film before now.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I will say, the mostly black crowd made this really funny to watch.
The crowd anytime Snoop appeared on screen or said anything:laff:

Same with that Angie Martinez scene:russ:

I burst out laughing myself when Clifton Powell appeared. It's funny because I was JUST quoting Faraconvict bullshyt to my girl earlier that day, on some completely unrelated shyt. For no reason sometimes I'll just start saying "Swine my brother?" or "Always cross in the green, never in between" when we're just laying around the house.

So when Clifton appeared in the courtyard, I thought about Faraconvict and leaned over to joke with her about how cliche it would be if his character started dropping some "If you hit a man, in time his wounds will heal" shyt. But so I wasn't talking loud/too much I simply whispered in her ear "Wassup young blood? " because I knew she would get my reference on some petty troll shyt:troll:

But when the nikka actually said "young blood" five seconds later we just looked at each other like:francis: before we both started cracking up:mjlol:

Last edited:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So far deadline has it beating the studios projections and making around 32 mil this weekend which is good.

For a 2.5 hour pac biopic movie, they had to have been hoping for more.
Then there is the reviews:

Newsday called it “a badly botched biopic that won’t earn Shakur any new fans and will disappoint the ones he has.”

Variety says, “Comprehensive but sketchy, richly atmospheric but often under-dramatized, it is not, in the end, a very good movie.”

The A.V. Club says, “All Eyez On Me has a guy who looks like Tupac, but not much else.”

Rolling Stones gave this movie 2 Stars while saying, “Tupac Shakur Does Not Get the Biopic He Deserves. The hip-hop icon gets the big-screen treatment – and not even a charismatic lead can keep this movie's head up.”

NY Times says, “All Eyez on Me’ Is Uninspired. Tupac Shakur Was Anything But… not only a clumsy and often bland account of his life and work, but it also gives little genuine insight into his thought, talent or personality.”

:francis: