All Eyez On Me (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Critics killing this movie

Obviously it's his opinion but the critic in the Hollywood reporter said the movie is everything I personally feared it would be to he point it felt like he was spying on my conversations. "Made for tv bio drama" "sanitizes and simplifies Pac and his story" "pedestrian and pedantic" and like someone else in here said, typical biopic blahness

darryl

Superstar
Daps
I haven't seen it yet but let's be honest, it was never going live up to resurrection. And that wasn't even a movie but it was so well done. Just like a lot of his other documentarys

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Obviously it's his opinion but the critic in the Hollywood reporter said the movie is everything I personally feared it would be to he point it felt like he was spying on my conversations. "Made for tv bio drama" "sanitizes and simplifies Pac and his story" "pedestrian and pedantic" and like someone else in here said, typical biopic blahness

I don't know if I've said it before, but I am not for biopics at all. Hip-Hop or otherwise.

If the person/subject/event happened before cameras? Go 'head. Please show and tell me what happened.
If the person/subject/event happened pretty much after 1980-sometihing? Documentary or docu-series.

Maybe it's because I'm not the hugest Pac fan, but people who were worried about his legacy being ruined or some salacious things bubbling up should grow some stones. (And this isn't me siding with or against whatever Singleton had in mind. By all accounts, that was some real fukk-shyt he was trying to put in the movie that seemed wholly unnecessary)

I'd rather watch a documentary, made by a seasoned vet who didn't know Pac and was willing to dig really deep into who he was and what he did, than watch a bunch of people who were his friends whose IMDB pages are shorter than his, paint a cleaner version of him as a way to "pay homage" or "pay respect". The fact that it was more important that the guy playing him looked like him than was a professional actor isn't "respect". It's frivolous and amateurish.

I will watch this, but only out of a sense of duty as a rap fan, but as someone who is interested in well-made, well-told stories, nah pleghboi.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't know if I've said it before, but I am not for biopics at all. Hip-Hop or otherwise.

If the person/subject/event happened before cameras? Go 'head. Please show and tell me what happened.
If the person/subject/event happened pretty much after 1980-sometihing? Documentary or docu-series.

Maybe it's because I'm not the hugest Pac fan, but people who were worried about his legacy being ruined or some salacious things bubbling up should grow some stones. (And this isn't me siding with or against whatever Singleton had in mind. By all accounts, that was some real fukk-shyt he was trying to put in the movie that seemed wholly unnecessary)

I'd rather watch a documentary, made by a seasoned vet who didn't know Pac and was willing to dig really deep into who he was and what he did, than watch a bunch of people who were his friends whose IMDB pages are shorter than his, paint a cleaner version of him as a way to "pay homage" or "pay respect". The fact that it was more important that the guy playing him looked like him than was a professional actor isn't "respect". It's frivolous and amateurish.

I will watch this, but only out of a sense of duty as a rap fan, but as someone who is interested in well-made, well-told stories, nah pleghboi.

Word. Two things: McQueen is working on a docuseries and what was the shyt Singleton wanted in the movie?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Word. Two things: McQueen is working on a docuseries and what was the shyt Singleton wanted in the movie?

L.T. Hutton and Benny Boom were on Breakfast Club, and they didn't want to get into it, but decided to air it out since apparently Singleton was up there a few weeks/months ago, bashing them.

According to L.T. (and confirmed by C tha God and Yee I think as things they had heard but weren't sure were true):

- The opening scene was going to be Pac and a homie in the studio. Homie gettin' blown by a white girl, Pac asks another white girl for anal sex. She says no. He kicks her out and says "Go home and tell your dad you got fukked by a nikka today" - CUT TO: OPENING CREDITS :russ:

- There was supposed to be a scene depicting Pac's (alleged) rape in jail.
- After the rape scene, there was a "dream" sequence with Pac back in his cell, picking up and talking to his own severed head :yeshrug:
- There was also going to be sex scene which showed Afeni in a threesome. With who and why they didn't get in to.

So, yeah...

:russ:

According to L.T., he and the rest of the team basically wasted a year to 18 months trying to both get Singleton to take this shyt out, and finally, just getting him off the project and using the original script, which I'm assuming is the one we'll see today.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
L.T. Hutton and Benny Boom were on Breakfast Club, and they didn't want to get into it, but decided to air it out since apparently Singleton was up there a few weeks/months ago, bashing them.

According to L.T. (and confirmed by C tha God and Yee I think as things they had heard but weren't sure were true):

- The opening scene was going to be Pac and a homie in the studio. Homie gettin' blown by a white girl, Pac asks another white girl for anal sex. She says no. He kicks her out and says "Go home and tell your dad you got fukked by a nikka today" - CUT TO: OPENING CREDITS :russ:

- There was supposed to be a scene depicting Pac's (alleged) rape in jail.
- After the rape scene, there was a "dream" sequence with Pac back in his cell, picking up and talking to his own severed head :yeshrug:
- There was also going to be sex scene which showed Afeni in a threesome. With who and why they didn't get in to.

So, yeah...

:russ:

According to L.T., he and the rest of the team basically wasted a year to 18 months trying to both get Singleton to take this shyt out, and finally, just getting him off the project and using the original script, which I'm assuming is the one we'll see today.

Wow. So he wanted to make some Oliver stone shyt. On the real I don't think the beginning part is slanderous to the man but don't drag his moms into it. That's bugged out. Geez Louise lol.

But again singleton was close to Pac so what makes him want to put that shyt in there?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
On the real I don't think the beginning part is slanderous to the man

It's not completely slanderous, but for a cold open you're gonna have to do a lot of work to bring that character to a redeemable place, especially if the movie isn't a comedy.
That shyt might play if it was Kenny Powers, but to start a movie about a modern day icon, even one as conflicted as Pac, is a tough sell.

Like Chappelle said about Cosby, he rapes and he saves, but he saves more than he rapes.

Let's try starting the movie with a save before a rape :russ:

Wow. So he wanted to make some Oliver stone shyt. On the real I don't think the beginning part is slanderous to the man but don't drag his moms into it. That's bugged out. Geez Louise lol.

But again singleton was close to Pac so what makes him want to put that shyt in there?

Well apparently they weren't close by the time he died. And there's apparently a recording of Pac talking to somebody on the phone calling Singleton a coward.

Again, I'm no huge Pac fan, but from the outside looking in, if the dude who is trying to write and direct your movie wasn't your friend by the time you died, and there's literal audio of you calling him a coward, then there's the above questionable shyt in the script, I'm not surprised that LT and co were lookin' at him like

tenor.gif

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My idea would be a movie solely based on the last few days of his life, similar to "Steve Jobs", where you see only a very direct, but powerful portion of their lives, very dark, bleak movie, just leave a glimpse of the complex, polarizing person he was, part revolutionary, part activist, caught up in MOB Piru, the whole tragedy of his life and death. Paranoia, recklessness, close to the edge, living in violence and drunk with money of Death Row at their height. The big scenes would be conversations between him and his wife, him and his homies, Suge, the beating at MGM, the Tyson fight, his death later that night. I agree bio pics are usually garbage, for the "average" viewers, little sense of nuance, grit, emotional depth. Also, would allow for some more in depth personification of his killers, and what their role was in it all.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's not completely slanderous, but for a cold open you're gonna have to do a lot of work to bring that character to a redeemable place, especially if the movie isn't a comedy.
That shyt might play if it was Kenny Powers, but to start a movie about a modern day icon, even one as conflicted as Pac, is a tough sell.

Like Chappelle said about Cosby, he rapes and he saves, but he saves more than he rapes.

Let's try starting the movie with a save before a rape :russ:

Well apparently they weren't close by the time he died. And there's apparently a recording of Pac talking to somebody on the phone calling Singleton a coward.

Again, I'm no huge Pac fan, but from the outside looking in, if the dude who is trying to write and direct your movie wasn't your friend by the time you died, and there's literal audio of you calling him a coward, then there's the above questionable shyt in the script, I'm not surprised that LT and co were lookin' at him like

tenor.gif

Word on all accounts lol. Maybe McQueen is the guy then

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
torn on seeing this, as a Pac stan, i'll see anything about him. as a person with a limited attention span for movies and who values not wasting $13 on buillshyt, i wanna pass :shaq2:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie was cool. It wasn't great but it was cool I will say this, it WAY better than NOTORIOUS and WAY MORE authentic than STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON. The problems have nothing to do with the acting, the scenes themselves, and even the screenplay. It's just BENNY BOOM is not a great or even a good director. So, it was badly paced, badly edited, and all of it bunched together due to the fact that even in a 2.5hr film that's no way you can tell his full life properly. Had this been a 10 episode series on NETFLIX or HBO it'll be hella dope because it would of been spread out properly and not slapped on all at once.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yo I don't know if I'm late here about this but has anyone mentioned Dr. Dre being played by a molester?

‘Single Ladies’ actor guilty of molestation in Gwinnett

The actor, who’s also been on “Single Ladies,” “CSI” and Tyler Perry’s “House of Payne,” was convicted Friday of violating a 15-year-old girl in Gwinnett County.

Moore, who had reportedly been playing Dr. Dre in a forthcoming Tupac Shakur biopic, is facing five to 20 years in prison. The jury returned its verdict after more than nine hours of deliberation, finding him guilty of sneaking into the girl’s bedroom and touching her early in the morning on Nov. 25, 2012.."

“The victim stated the defendant had touched her on previous occasions that made her uncomfortable by tickling her on parts of her body and adjusting her bra strap,” Mayfield said."

Yea he was "Swift" in Atlanta.

Too bad I really liked his character on that show

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Reading off the Coli's opinion the consensus so far is it's not trash, but it's not great