"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
fARCcfo.jpg[

:wow:

this series will get even better with age as people continue to find these parallels :wow:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasn't a random guy. He was wearing a Members only jacket for a reason...Tony got shot and almost killed in the Members Only episode. Tony and Bobby talked about death and "fading to black" before Bobby was killed. The signs are there for what happened. People praise Vince Gilligan but won't praise David Chase when he does foreshadowing. Just cuz you didn't see Tony's brains spray all over his fam doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Anyway, BB damn....I miss u :to:

Actually because we didn't see it happen, it didn't happen. I mean who put the hit on him? Phil was dead already. Smh..

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
I don't even remember. It was argued a few pages ago. This thread moves too fast, it was probably 30 pages ago by now. Something about, how would Walt know the exact height of the people in the building or some weird shyt, and what if people weren't standing up. It's a fukking M60 firing 800 rounds from 15 feet away. The max range of an M60 with the type of ammo Walt had (7.62 NATO rounds) is 500+ yards. If anything was unrealistic about the scene it was them downplaying the amount of damage the gun would do that close. Cats should've been getting torn apart "Private Ryan" style.

Fred.

I know people keep bringing up the M60 ordeal....... but seriously dude had the MacGyver skillset from the get go... If you recall;

1. He installed a tankless water heater in their house by himself
2. He built a meth lab in an RV
3. He built a bomb and rigged it to a wheelchair.

For me it was believable....Plus the magnet setup to kill the laptop in evidence lockup. Plus he used a coffee maker to escape being restrained to a radiator. Plus he rigged up a battery to start the dead RV. Plus a few other things...Misc
Walt is incredibly smart (which is an understatement) & on that note, I think it was genius on the writers' part to have his plan executed in this way. I always thought that if he charged in with gun in hand, it would totally be out of character. The contraption was perfect :salute:

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Great episode. Pretty much just tied up all the loose ends.. Ozymandias was basically the end these last 2 episodes were just like bonus tracks..

I didn't expect it to be as depressing as it was tho.. the scene where Walt watches Walt Jr/Flynn walk into the apartment and then we see Walt walk off through the window and basically fade away like a ghost was such a great , powerful shot/scene. :wow:

Justified and Boardwalk Empire are the only shows left to anticipate now.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I mean to comment earlier but I forgot.

I think you mentioned this show as the most pro-snitch series in history.

Nah, that's "The Wire". People tend to forget that Bubbles sang his heart out for half the series, and ended up a hell of a lot better off than Jesse.

Fred.

Not to drag this wire vs bb thing any longer but comparing bubbles to Jesse is wrong. Jesse was a co-conspirator in a multi-million dollar drug operation and was Walter white partner and co-cook. Bubbles was on again off again dope fiend who wasn't part of the game. He just knew everything on the street level meaning he knew where they dealt drugs, who was the crews and what not. He wasn't apart of the operation at all. So Jesse snitching on the very man who he worked with in creating that meth ring does not compare to bubbles just running is mouth about shyt people in the hood know but aren't being willing to tell. Also bubbles got paid for his services.

Last edited:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I find it crazy people acting like Walt didn't win...Walt definitely won. His return back to town plan went perfectly.

After he realized he was done, he absolutely went out on his own terms. He made the shyt look easy.

He calls the DEA while still in NH to let them know of his whereabouts. He then manages to break in a car covered in snow that was relatively close to the bar he was in while police are actively searching for him.

He doesn't even need to hot wire the car...:manny: I mean who doesn't just leave their keys in the sun visor? Thank you meth gods :blessed:

He does not get detected or stopped on his way out. :banderas:

He is in all likelihood physically ID'd by the people in the bar. So the police have an updated description of what he currently looks like and what he was wearing.

He is then able to drive across the country in a stolen vehicle that was reported to the police. It's a 35 hour + drive from NH to ABQ mind you. Yet no one stops the vehicle. :wow:

Only to return to his former home and is immediately identified again by his former next door neighbor. She informs the police. :lupe:

He then manages to walk around town in broad day light not being spotted...going to Denny's to purchase an illegal military grade firearm, lounging around a chic coffee shop while looking homeless, visiting his family, getting the supplies to rig his newly acquired weapon, driving to the desert, and spreading information around town to help confuse the police of his whereabouts.

There is even a belief that he may be in town with terrorist intentions. :lupe:

The ABQ police department, Homeland Security, and the FBI show just how seriously they are taking this matter by sending out 2 of their finest police men to sit across the street from his family's new residence.

Again, :salute: to all of their efforts.

He also manages to make contact with 2 of Jesse's old running mates without a cell phone or any prior direct dealings and convinces them to wave lasers in the window of the heads of Grey Matter.

It ended the best possible way for Walt. We won.

:smugdraper: :myman:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I mean to comment earlier but I forgot.

I think you mentioned this show as the most pro-snitch series in history.

Nah, that's "The Wire". People tend to forget that Bubbles sang his heart out for half the series, and ended up a hell of a lot better off than Jesse.

Fred.

No show in the history of television dealt with snitches as harshly as The Wire...Bubbles was an outlier....

You really watched 5 seasons of The Wire and came away thinking "Hey snitching kinda works out well for these guys"

?

Daps
snitching is done by those doing dirt with or against you.

Bubbles was just a crackhead who'd do anything for a high

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
This thread is turning into a Wire vs Breaking Bad debate....

As far as the snitching goes they are both snitches, no matter how you try to spin it and BOTH shows humanized these characters ( as more than just junkies, snitches, etc). The ONLY differences are the setting/environment and storylines (obviously).. Bubbles is basically given his own storyline, while Jesse is pretty much a huge character in ONE persons story. They both snitch, but for different reasons.. Neither of them are necessarily bad people, no matter how many of the internet super gangsters like look down on them (In reality the "big' drug drealers they look up to have been snitching since they started on the corner). In the end both are basically "victims of circumstance".

Jesse isn't a street savy dude, he's a suburban wannabe, who couldn't even get the respect of the Mexican gangsters he was sellling Meth with. Bubbles is a street savy drug addtict, the dealers don't respect him either... but he knows how to survive and get by on the streets. Neither would survive if you switched them...Both would be sore thumbs outside of their environment.