"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
When we getting that restaurant to open called Heisenburgers? :steviej:

"Welcome to Heisenburgers, can we interest you in a Crystal BlueBurger or Pinkman Platter?"

"Na, lemme get a Double Heisenburger with a side order of Fring Fries, a Combo coke, a small order of Badger bites and a Skylar shake." :noah:

:russ:

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
Hows%20He%20Holding%20Up.gif

f7c947c9cf969b58c2b204ccfa2babfb_width_640x.png

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's pretend Jessie goes to Alaska and lives a happy life smoking weed and playing GTA V. What crimes can Hank charge Walt with?

The two dealers that the killed, no evidence.
Blowing up Gus and the nursing home. Maybe, but all evidence points to Cartel revenge.
Making meth. Walt quit a few months before Hank took his shyt.
Running the meth business. There is very little evidence that Walt was Heisenberg and what little evidence he had, was circumstantial.
Tax evasion. Maybe they can get him on that, but he had Saul and Sky working the books so it would be a tough fight.
Money Laundering. That would also be a tough argument to prove.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No show in the history of television dealt with snitches as harshly as The Wire...Bubbles was an outlier....

You really watched 5 seasons of The Wire and came away thinking "Hey snitching kinda works out well for these guys"

?

Did you seriously watch "BB" and think it worked out well for Jesse?

Like I said, if we're comparing the two characters Bubbles got a hell of a lot more out of snitching than Jesse did. Hell, Omar snitched too.

Let's be real here. "The Wire" was geared towards "the good guys" winning. What cops died? What cops suffered?

90% of the major criminal characters on the show either died (Omar, Stringer, Prop Joe, Snoop, Cheese, Butchie, Bodie....and too many goons to remember) ended up in jail (Avon, Chris, Weebay, etc.) or were forced to bow out like Marlo. "The Wire" is about as pro-police and pro-snitching as a show can possibly be. It's still a GOAT contender but let's be real here.

Fred.

Last edited:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Did you seriously watch "BB" and think it worked out well for Jesse?

Like I said, if we're comparing the two characters Bubbles got a hell of a lot more out of snitching than Jesse did. Hell, Omar snitched too.

Let's be real here. "The Wire" was geared towards "the good guys" winning. What cops died? What cops suffered?

90% of the major criminal characters on the show either died (Omar, Stringer, Prop Joe, Snoop, Cheese, Butchie....and too many goons to remember) ended up in jail (Avon, Chris, Weebay, etc.) or were forced to bow out like Marlo. "The Wire" is about as pro-police and pro-snitching as a show can possibly be. It's still a GOAT contender but let's be real here.

Fred.
If you watched The Wire for 5 seasons and left thinking the cops were the "good guys" maybe you should watch again...

Also my opinions on Jesse should be taken within the context that I hate his guts...Im not saying the writing was bad.. I'm saying it didnt end the way I wanted it to...

Henry Hill/Jesse characters are mos def a realistic element to the criminal world...

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Let's pretend Jessie goes to Alaska and lives a happy life smoking weed and playing GTA V. What crimes can Hank charge Walt with?

Blowing up Gus and the nursing home. Maybe, but all evidence points to Cartel revenge.
Running the meth business. There is very little evidence that Walt was Heisenberg and what little evidence he had, was circumstantial.
Tax evasion. Maybe they can get him on that, but he had Saul and Sky working the books so it would be a tough fight.
:snoop: Hank dead. Walt dead .

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you watched The Wire for 5 seasons and left thinking the cops were the "good guys" maybe you should watch again...

Also my opinions on Jesse should be taken within the context that I hate his guts...Im not saying the writing was bad.. I'm saying it didnt end the way I wanted it to...

Henry Hill/Jesse characters are mos def a realistic element to the criminal world...

I never said I thought they were the good guys. The show is far too morally complex to draw lines into "good" and "bad". But you obviously know what I mean. McNulty is a "good guy" compared to Marlo. I don't know how anyone in their right mind can dispute that.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

In the context of the show they already have Walt and Skyler for money laundering and most likely tax evasion, at the very least. Their house and car wash were seized by the government meaning a RICO case is well on it's way.

Keep in mind Saul left town, so Walt/Skyler have no way to prove his "gambling" winnings. Skyler herself said in season 4 that if the IRS looks too close at the carwash, things would fall apart. That's why she paid off Ted.

Like I said earlier in the thread, they would get Walt the same way they got Capone. With paperwork. They don't need to prove anything else.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know people keep bringing up the M60 ordeal....... but seriously dude had the MacGyver skillset from the get go... If you recall;

1. He installed a tankless water heater in their house by himself
2. He built a meth lab in an RV
3. He built a bomb and rigged it to a wheelchair.

For me it was believable....Plus the magnet setup to kill the laptop in evidence lockup. Plus he used a coffee maker to escape being restrained to a radiator. Plus he rigged up a battery to start the dead RV. Plus a few other things...Misc
Walt is incredibly smart (which is an understatement) & on that note, I think it was genius on the writers' part to have his plan executed in this way. I always thought that if he charged in with gun in hand, it would totally be out of character. The contraption was perfect :salute:

Yep. Also that gun set up wasn't a special effect. The prop guys actually built it, and it really rotated and pulled the trigger, using the exact same set up Walt had. Everything you seen him with in the desert, when he's building it, they really used to make it. They talked about this on the podcast.

Fred.

Last edited: