"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:wtf:

Walt gave police a confession on the phone.

They didn't need her to convict Walt, so why would she be in protective custody?
You think he was going to jail based on that phone call? She was the only living witness on Walt they had whereabouts on. Hank, Jesse and Gomez, missing presumed dead. Saul gone. Tape of Jesse gone. They don't know about Jack and Meth Damon. Why do you think they were leaning so hard on her?:dahell:

What would killing her accomplish? They had enough info on him to RICO his house and car wash, without Skyler saying one word. The only reason the DEA was talking to her in "Granite State" was to ask where he was, not "give us enough to convict him". They had enough already.

Fred.

Ignoring her importance to the case. The last time Walt was in town he attacked her with knife, kidnapped his daughter and threatened to kill Sklyar. You don't think that warrants more than one unmarked car half paying attention to them.:mindblown:

They had enough already.
Tell that to the cops/da from the OJ trial or the ct cops investigating A-Hern. :ufdup:
DEA- "Forget about security for this living witness who's a potential target of our suspect. We have Heisenberg on the phone alluding to some indeterminate illegal activity he was into. That's enough for me.":heh:

Come on breh, the show is still great and I didn't even mind it when I watched, but that was a pretty glaring plot hole.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lets all ponder for a moment how the final season would have played out if Jesse would have just got on that van to Alaska....

:patrice:

fukk Jesse and anyone who loves or looks like him...

:pacspit:

This would be like watching Ziggy from Wire season 2 ride off into the sunset as a hero after all his fukkery..

::

let's all ponder for a moment how things would have played out if walt was just brutally honest to jesse, his wife, and his son

Nick Barnes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis
I'm not talking about "COULD IT HAPPEN" when i talk about realism... I'm talking about within the world that the show created, are these things realistic or consistent with the characters behaviors... The Wire was good at that, McNulty going off the deep end in season 5 for "the greater good" was put into motion in season 1... The characters in Mad Men are consistent with there emotions and actions, even as they evolve. This last 8 of BB sacrificed some of that character consistency to move the plot... It hurts it in my eyes when it comes to ranking it all time...
:dwillhuh: just enjoy the show breh.

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone else surprised at Gilligans track record, he pretty much came out with Breaking Bad out of nowhere. He made Hancock for goodness sake!

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we're going the "it was out of character" route it was completely out of character for Lester to go along with the fake serial killer bullshyt, when he spent the entire previous season calling out McNulty on not playing by the rules. It was out of character for Prop Joe to outline his entire operation and money laundering system to Marlo, which the writers obviously only did because Marlo was destined to take over.

Also, I don't mean McNulty trying to do it. That was realistic. He was a loose cannon. I mean that shyt would last about 3 days before it fell apart. It wouldn't be a vast conspiracy that multiple cops were ok with, at the risk of ending their careers, until Kima snitched on them.

Lastly, none of this shyt removed "The Wire" from it's spot. That's what I'm saying though. I didn't see anything out of character in these last 8 eps, to the point that it impacted the show's quality.

Fred.

:banderas: At all the nitpicking that has been coming out the woodwork the past few weeks

There's nothing they can do :banderas:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
4xfUlbaz.gif
Amazing

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Read through all 50 pages of responses. It was a perfect episode in my opinion.
For all the nikkas that are nitpicking, is it that serious? You really want a shot of Walt putting the ricin in the sugar packet? It takes pin size amount of ricin to kill someone. Nikka just made a little hole and put that shyt in there.

For all the nikkas complaining about the ending, you really want him to kill his family, kill Walt jr, kill Skyler? Nikka is breaking bad, not breaking psycho. He went from a mild manner tax payer school teacher to a meth king pin, not the nikka that did Aurora movie theater shootings.

But one question I have is how did he know where Skyler was staying at?

And for all the nikkas that bringing up LOST :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit: Don't you dare bring up the ending for that show compared to this one. Even the writers on that show, were like yeah, we made shyt up.:yeshrug:

For all the nikkas bringing up Mad Men, you just outed yourselves as CACs. That is a CAC show for real.

My nikka @obarth drop that review on us breh. But take your time, since it will be your last for this show.:to:

:laff:

Mad Men is dope, tho :mjpls:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You think he was going to jail based on that phone call? She was the only living witness on Walt they had whereabouts on. Hank, Jesse and Gomez, missing presumed dead. Saul gone. Tape of Jesse gone. They don't know about Jack and Meth Damon. Why do you think they were leaning so hard on her?:dahell:

Ignoring her importance to the case. The last time Walt was in town he attacked her with knife, kidnapped his daughter and threatened to kill Sklyar. You don't think that warrants more than one unmarked car half paying attention to them.:mindblown:

Tell that to the cops/da from the OJ trial or the ct cops investigating A-Hern. :ufdup:
DEA- "Forget about security for this living witness who's a potential target of our suspect. We have Heisenberg on the phone alluding to some indeterminate illegal activity he was into. That's enough for me.":heh:

Come on breh, the show is still great and I didn't even mind it when I watched, but that was a pretty glaring plot hole.

Obviously they had enough. Their shyt got RICOed. No offense, but do you know what that means? Basically it means the investigation determined that Walt/Skyler were guilty of predicate offenses, in this case money laundering and tax evasion, since there was no direct tie to drugs. Drugs don't even matter at that point, those two offenses fall under the category of racketeering.

That alone would be enough to get his home/place of business seized.

That's why Walt's home was gone. That's why Skyler was living in a little ass apartment and working as a taxi dispatcher.

Long story short, that means the case has moved beyond anything Skyler could offer them, except his whereabouts.

Fred.

Last edited:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
i mean you gotta look at the situation. jesse rose to the top too fast and lost his motivation for living. when you've been nickle and diming all your life and now you're a multi-millionaire, it can cause a lack of life purpose. that a long with the string of bad shyt that kept happening to jesse, it's understandable why he was depressed. however, after surviving the ordeal with the nazis, anyone would be happy to be free.

and i stand by my assertion that them nazis were raping jesses butthole viciously

:dwillhuh:

Jesse grew up as suburban rich kid and only "struggled" in his young adult years because he wanted to be a 'rebellious wigger'. Even then, he still had a nice big crib that his parents let him stay at. No wonder he couldn't appreciate the hard earn money that he eventually got. Money is pretty meaningless to spoiled rich brats.

BROWARD

#thankyoukobe
Daps
Reppin
Florida Boy
Read through all 50 pages of responses. It was a perfect episode in my opinion.
For all the nikkas that are nitpicking, is it that serious? You really want a shot of Walt putting the ricin in the sugar packet? It takes pin size amount of ricin to kill someone. Nikka just made a little hole and put that shyt in there.

For all the nikkas complaining about the ending, you really want him to kill his family, kill Walt jr, kill Skyler? Nikka is breaking bad, not breaking psycho. He went from a mild manner tax payer school teacher to a meth king pin, not the nikka that did Aurora movie theater shootings.

But one question I have is how did he know where Skyler was staying at?

And for all the nikkas that bringing up LOST :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit: Don't you dare bring up the ending for that show compared to this one. Even the writers on that show, were like yeah, we made shyt up.:yeshrug:

For all the nikkas bringing up Mad Men, you just outed yourselves as CACs. That is a CAC show for real.

My nikka @obarth drop that review on us breh. But take your time, since it will be your last for this show.:to:

i could be wrong but i think dude that was hiding walt let him know they were staying in the projects :lolbron: