"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Rodgers

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As glad as I am for the cast and crew of the show to go out with such buzz and 10 million viewers at the same time I almost wish it was just the 2 or 3 milli who watched the season 4 finale. There is no way for a show to win in its series finale unless its something like the Shield, FNL, The Wire where the only people watching are the fans. There is just no way to truly satisfy the majority of the people when the show is supposed to produce surprises, tie up loose ends, leave some things opened ended cause life is not perfectly wrapped up and so on and so on. See Sopranos/BB/Lost

A few points on the actual episode

Much like The Sopranos/Wire finale its really going to play better when viewed with the episode prior to it. This would only happen at HBO, cause the other non-subscriber channels are greedy, as evident by the onslaught of commercials last night, or incompetent (Showtime), but if I was wanting to construct the perfect finale it should be a 2 hour episode.

I'm still baffled by the notion this was a happy ending or a Hollywood ending...Yes, Walt does solve all "family business" and his plan works almost flawlessly, at the same time look where the characters end up from where they started.

Marie A widow who will always blame Skyler for not acting against Walt and telling Hank as soon as she found out. The sight of Flynn or Holly will be an eternal reminder of her loss.

Skyler A guilty conscience for sure that will plague her for the rest of her days...A son/aunt who will always partially blame her... She will always be known as the meth kingpin's wife...And the show left it open ended as far as her legal troubles... We know she has an inept public defender, whose to say she doesn't get thrown under the jail even with the info of Hank's body.

Jr. Gets it the worse of any1. Again its open ended as far as what the Shwartz's to do with the $ Walt gave them. As soon as they find out what happened to Walt what reason do they have to think the assassins just don't take the 200k and say fukk it, or just go to the police and hire some bodyguards. Jr has the 4 closest people to him in his life end up dead, in jail, or mentally fukked up. He will also live with the White name haunting him and wondering why the fukk his father did this to them.

Holly I guess has a chance to be normal, but at the same time she will eventually find out she was fathered by the great criminal Heisenberg and what kind of parenting can she expect... It's not gonna be a very happy home that's for sure.

Jesse gets a chance at freedom and as a fan of the character I'd like to think the cops dig up Hank find the cell pic and presume Jesse was killed at some point before the events in the desert and there isn't a search for em. It is more likely he gets picked up and has to face some serious charges, or he escapes and gets back into drugs to null the pain. The odds are not great for him, at least he gets a shot I suppose.

Walt could have gone out without a great fight to the cancer and he would never fulfilled his potential and had a ton of regrets, but he would have been surrounded by his family who loved him and he could of died with the belief they would go on to live happy lives while cherishing his memory. No one loves Walt at the end...His last words from his son/Marie/Hank were full of hatred...Skyler's anger at him subsides for a moment as it turns to pity as he is about to die.. His daughter will never know him as a person only as a monster... Jesse gives him a slight nod of thanks for helping to free him, but he will forever curse the day he didn't tell Walt to fukk off when he approached him to cook that 1st time.

Walt's plan works, but he dies surrounded by neo-Nazi white trash murderers and in a meth lab. What a happy ending, what redemption

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How was it like watching all the episodes in 3 days? It must have been :ohlawd:

Breh you can't even imagine, like I can't even see how I would manage week to week. How you niccas survived that shootout in the desert cliffhanger is beyond me. Fantastic show that probably knew how to end episodes better than any other show in recent memory.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I dont know i think at the end they kind of overblew his happy reaction to surviving..the whole season hes been a depressed degenerate whos having a hard time living with the guilt of what hes done with his life

He really ddint seem to have much will to live abnymore and asked to be killed a few times which is why i think the reaction of him so happy to be free was off
I don't really think that was a happy to be alive scream, it was moreso a scream of agony mixed with "omfg I'm free"....if there were a next episode, I'm sure he'd be holed up somewhere in a dark room with all sorts of sad shyt playing through his mind

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont know i think at the end they kind of overblew his happy reaction to surviving..the whole season hes been a depressed degenerate whos having a hard time living with the guilt of what hes done with his life

He really ddint seem to have much will to live abnymore and asked to be killed a few times which is why i think the reaction of him so happy to be free was off
i mean you gotta look at the situation. jesse rose to the top too fast and lost his motivation for living. when you've been nickle and diming all your life and now you're a multi-millionaire, it can cause a lack of life purpose. that a long with the string of bad shyt that kept happening to jesse, it's understandable why he was depressed. however, after surviving the ordeal with the nazis, anyone would be happy to be free.

and i stand by my assertion that them nazis were raping jesses butthole viciously

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Realism isn't a yardstick for the quality of fiction, so that's irrelevant really. And all these shows, no matter how "realistic" they are, are fiction.

Is "The Wire" realistic? Definitely. The fake serial killer shyt? Hell no. That damn near killed the show for me.

Fred.

I'm not talking about "COULD IT HAPPEN" when i talk about realism... I'm talking about within the world that the show created, are these things realistic or consistent with the characters behaviors... The Wire was good at that, McNulty going off the deep end in season 5 for "the greater good" was put into motion in season 1... The characters in Mad Men are consistent with there emotions and actions, even as they evolve. This last 8 of BB sacrificed some of that character consistency to move the plot... It hurts it in my eyes when it comes to ranking it all time...

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh you can't even imagine, like I can't even see how I would manage week to week. How you niccas survived that shootout in the desert cliffhanger is beyond me. Fantastic show that probably knew how to end episodes better than any other show in recent memory.

What about Hanks shootout with the Mexican brothers and the hit on Gus :ohlawd:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Lets all ponder for a moment how the final season would have played out if Jesse would have just got on that van to Alaska....

:patrice:

fukk Jesse and anyone who loves or looks like him...

:pacspit:

This would be like watching Ziggy from Wire season 2 ride off into the sunset as a hero after all his fukkery..

::

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Dunno if this has been posted

4xfUlbaz.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not talking about "COULD IT HAPPEN" when i talk about realism... I'm talking about within the world that the show created, are these things realistic or consistent with the characters behaviors... The Wire was good at that, McNulty going off the deep end in season 5 for "the greater good" was put into motion in season 1... The characters in Mad Men are consistent with there emotions and actions, even as they evolve. This last 8 of BB sacrificed some of that character consistency to move the plot... It hurts it in my eyes when it comes to ranking it all time...

If we're going the "it was out of character" route it was completely out of character for Lester to go along with the fake serial killer bullshyt, when he spent the entire previous season calling out McNulty on not playing by the rules. It was out of character for Prop Joe to outline his entire operation and money laundering system to Marlo, which the writers obviously only did because Marlo was destined to take over.

Also, I don't mean McNulty trying to do it. That was realistic. He was a loose cannon. I mean that shyt would last about 3 days before it fell apart. It wouldn't be a vast conspiracy that multiple cops were ok with, at the risk of ending their careers, until Kima snitched on them.

Lastly, none of this shyt removed "The Wire" from it's spot. That's what I'm saying though. I didn't see anything out of character in these last 8 eps, to the point that it impacted the show's quality.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lets all ponder for a moment how the final season would have played out if Jesse would have just got on that van to Alaska....

:patrice:

fukk Jesse and anyone who loves or looks like him...

:pacspit:

This would be like watching Ziggy from Wire season 2 ride off into the sunset as a hero after all his fukkery..

::

I mean to comment earlier but I forgot.

I think you mentioned this show as the most pro-snitch series in history.

Nah, that's "The Wire". People tend to forget that Bubbles sang his heart out for half the series, and ended up a hell of a lot better off than Jesse.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look, Hex. Once again I'm not knocking your love for Breaking Bad. but there are far more glaring examples of BB breaking "its realism realm" then The Wire to try and further the plot of the show. That's just the truth. I've seen all over the internet CRITICS and fans of the show pointing this out. That's why it takes some shine off of it. And David Milch said himself he thinks The Wire is in a category of its own.