"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
BB_400-1.gif

Skyler thought she was marrying a nice, gentle man :shaq:

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it was a satisfying ending :yeshrug:

I agree that I wanted something a bit more crazy like Marie, Gretchen or Flynn killing walt to end it, but what I expected happened, but it was executed well :salute:

Walt is one of those very few legendary TV characters (ie George Costanza), Showtime could have achieved something with Brody, if they kept him as a bad guy, but they managed to fukk that up

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yah but it wasn't enough for me. I wanted to see a more direct approach.

This show has never taken a direct approach though.

Gray Matter? Unexplained.
Mike's back ground in Philly? Unexplained.
Gus's back ground in Chile? Unexplained.

There have been clues as to how big Heisenberg's name is through out the series. Remember this song?

That wasn't just a random intro, it was a narcocorrido. These types of songs are only written about famous drug dealers/criminals. That was in season 2, and his name was already across the border.

Fred.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The final season got a lot of hate because it went over a lot of ppl's heads. The title of the first episode was "LA X", it was obvious that they were dead in that timeline...X is often used to signify something as being dead.

Yea man it went way over my head. I was pissed that I wasted all that time watching the show just to have a ending that didn't make sense. Then I started to read all the theories and shyt got even more confusing. It really makes sense though because people rarely live in a plane crash. For so many people to be alive in the first episode is kind of a stretch already so your explanation really makes sense.

Luchini

Not here for you.
Daps
I just thought about it, with Walt and Lydia gone, I wonder if Jesse would continue to cook meth? It would be on his own terms and everything. He still has Badger and Skinny Pete. I mean, yeah, they've done this route before but now with some serious experience under his belt, Jesse could become the new King of Meth, lol. Just random thought but I'm definitely curious on what route Jesse could take being that he lost everything that he held dear to him, with the exception of his family.

i'm pretty sure jesse is going to stay as far away from cooking meth as possible

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Imagine if that contraption didn't work. Walt and Jesse would've both been thrown in the bushes wit the Nazi's eating. If Walt this handy with his hands, why the cat got to work as a high school teacher earlier in the series?
my high school chemistry teacher also headed the robotics club. people like that have low level jobs all over the country (not that i personally think teaching is a lowly job)

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show has never taken a direct approach though.

Gray Matter? Unexplained.
Mike's back ground in Phillie? Unexplained.
Gus's back ground in Chile? Unexplained.

There have been clues as to how big Heisenberg's name is through out the series. Remember this song?

That wasn't just a random intro, it was a narcocorrido. These types of songs are only written about famous drug dealers/criminals. That was in season 2, and his name was already across the border.

Fred.

"Heisenberg" not "Walter White". The whole show has shown how notorious Heisenberg is, "Say my name" etc. My point is I wanted to see the final unmasking, the revelation of the truth and the judgement directly.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Marie said on the phone that people were calling in all over talking about Heisenberg was gonna blow some shyt up, on some Joker shyt, and how the police were stretched thin. He was purposely calling around saying he'd be other places.

Fred.

She also stated that the police said they believe Walt was only in town looking for 3 people. One of which is Skylar.

So they openly leave his wife alone so Walt can sneak in and see her. Talk for 5 minutes, see Holly, and then wait for Junior to get home.

Yet, no one sees him?

:dahell:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
There's no way one can be truly satisfied with the finale of a show like this. It wasn't predictable it was immutable. The genius here is that there was no status quo in this sries. It kept climbing then kept plummeting continuously. It seemed to have a definite trajectory and the ending was basically inevitable. The details were a mystery but the broad strokes were entirely necessary. I felt going in that they couldn't go wrong honestly.Walt dying was on some Mice and Men / Old Yeller s***. Had to be done. Jesse living was also pretty much a given. You know this cat ain't goin no where no crime from now on. Redemption. Bad guys had to die. That's why they show them doing such awful s*** so that we cheer when they get peeled. His fam had to get the dough... It was a layup, but that speaks to the power of the story telling having it all connect so well. Can't be truly satisfied cause your imaginary finale will always be doper than what the artist actually produces (that's a self importance issue that the fans have. The art itself is the thing. The imaginary rewrites are just fan fic. ).

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another random thing, the episode is titled "Felina", which is obviously a reference to "El Paso" by Marty Robbins.

In the song a man commits murder in the name of love, is ran out of town, and comes back to be with his true love, and he dies by her side.

Walt died in the meth lab. That was his true love. He was Heisenberg all along.

Fred.

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walter White is not a cold blooded murderer. He kills only when necessary

You sound like one of those saw nutjobs who claims jigsaw never killed anybody. Killing Mike wasn't cold blooded murder? He killed people so they wouldn't rat on him running a drug empire that makes him a cold blooded murderer.