"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That whole scene with Walt and Jesse, right now when he's talking to Jesse about Jane's dad. He almost came close to telling him he watched Jane die. Walt's ego is so big he actually almost slipped up but since Jesse is so slow he didn't catch it. Just the entire dialouge, and then Jesse cutting off Walt and saying "I'm gonna get that bytch." It would seem like he did right? Well when Walt wakes up at his condo guess what's in there? A fly which is right on the red light of the smoke detector.

Anyways it was a "bottle episode", minimal character & minimal cost to make. Which I think help add to the great writing. Jesse realizing the only way to control Walt's craziness with the fly was to play along, kind of how it's been for him in the meth business since he met Walt. Basically just going along to get what he wants as well. Another dope scene for me is when Jesse is standing at the top of the ladder, with his only support coming from Walt who's barely conscious from sleeping pills, and Walt is talking about Jane. How he apologizes for Jane and Jesse replies to him by telling him that it wasn't his fault but both their faults, he was talking about Jane but you can't help but notice the writers way of connecting the dots. Also how he tells Jesse you can't keep stealing from the meth we cook or I won't be able to save you and Jesse basically brushing him off. The ep was about bringing it back to the whole teacher/student relationship and them re-visiting the damaged they've caused on each other. The whole ep is just about Walt & Jesse. I just really like those details they put it and how you can connect things from previous ep and of course eps that came after "FLY"

That almost bland, no real big issues going on type of setting is what made it to me more great. Because it's just so dull but in them, there's this anger and destructiveness and frustration in them that can't be seen but sinks out a bit when you see them handle the Fly.

People always speculated that the fly represented Gale. But I always knew it was meant to represent Jane. And how Walt couldn't get it because he wouldn't be able to cope with letting Jane die. Walt even says that the fly would "stay there forever." It's funny because like I said Walt wakes up at his condo with the fly on the red light flashing

:wow: level posting.

Another thing that I thought was :whoo:, but didn't catch the first time I seen "Fly", was the lullaby Skyler is singing in the intro to the ep, is actually the audio from the baby monitor when Walt was listening to Skyler sing to Holly, from his "perfect moment" to die, in season 2, ep 12 "Phoenix". Walt describes the exact scene right before he leaves the house and goes to give Jesse his money.

Fred.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Yo! :russ:

H75rbtv.jpg

Fred.

They need to put a drink in ghost mikes hand

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
:wow: level posting.

Another thing that I thought was :whoo:, but didn't catch the first time I seen "Fly", was the lullaby Skyler is singing in the intro to the ep, is actually the audio from the baby monitor when Walt was listening to Skyler sing to Holly, from his "perfect moment" to die, in season 2, ep 12 "Phoenix". Walt describes the exact scene right before he leaves the house and goes to give Jesse his money.

Fred.

:cheers:

Also nice catch didn't even notice :ohlawd:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Forgot how weird season three was with Jesse hosting the meth/party house. That place looked like what I'd imagine hell to be like

All you watch every detail/overanalyzing shyt folks help me out:
we know jesses and andrea were together and he loved her and Brock, but did they ever explain why they broke up? I may have missed why they stopped seeing each other, I just find it weird that there was this time lapse between them being together and even seeing one another to pulling her back into the story and she and Brock are still his weak spot. Like how do you pull this out after letting that relationship die in ambiguity. All of suddenly she's means so much to him again, stop it

Also, what's the timeline of this show? Was it two years?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:lolbron:
I honestly never seen the newsroom tho but I just can't imagine better acting then Cranston right now. Jeff Daniel's show is on HBO, Cranston's show is on AMC. :mjpls:

I have seen "The Newsroom".

Let's put it like this, I would've been fine with anyone other than Jeff Daniels. He was the worst possible choice to win that category. Same goes for Bobby Cannavale for supporting actor.

I've never been a fan of the Emmys though. This is a show that gave "Lost" a Best Dramatic Series Emmy and the same year didn't even nominate "The Wire".

Fred.