"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
what do you mean? walt gave that to him as a gift and duke genuinely liked it because it reminded him of their days staying up late working and eating those shyts.

from what i understood, walt sold his share of the company so he could start a life with skylar and flynn who was about to pop out. he maybe even used the money to help buy the house, i dont remember though.

dude felt bad walt gave up his share so he tried to give him an out and offer him a job with company so he could pay for the cancer bills, thats the only thing close to a slap in the face i can remember from them. that way walt might not think it was charity but walt saw through that

Walt also accused Gretchen of stealing his work to build their company. But I agree, Elliot seemed to genuinely like the gift. Really looking forward to the resolution with Grey Matter. I could see Walt somehow accusing them of creating Heisenberg because they stole his work.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
I have a bad feeling that the last episode is going to have a rushed feeling or all the ends will not be explained and tied. :to:
Everything pretty much is explained including Walt being back in New Mexico. All that's left is the fate of the characters left on the show. 75 minutes should be enough time for that. I wish it was 120 minutes though. :sadcam::to:

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
I don't know if it's been discuss but on Ozymandias in the fire station the chess board had the two kings lined up, I think someone mentioned that the day of the ep, but also when Walt's playing cards with Ed, Ed says "well you look at that, 2 Kings." :lupe: what do ya think that means breh? Can Jesse be the other King? Or maybe it's Elliot since the other piece was black :lupe:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Wrong this was before Sky, he met Sky when she was a waitress, he was working for a high end lab company and driving a Porsche at the time.
oh if thats from deleted scene like you posted thats why i never saw it before :manny:

why did he give up his share then? forced out or whatever?

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I don't know if it's been discuss but on Ozymandias in the fire station the chess board had the two kings lined up, I think someone mentioned that the day of the ep, but also when Walt's playing cards with Ed, Ed says "well you look at that, 2 Kings." :lupe: what do ya think that means breh? Can Jesse be the other King? Or maybe it's Elliot since the other piece was black :lupe:
jesses not much of a king right now..

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Peeps this article brehs

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/09/...ured-a-classic-college-hockey-game-from-1998/

During the final scene of last night’s penultimateBreaking Bad episode, Walter White makes a desperate call to his son, Flynn, from a New Hampshire bar. The episode is titled “Granite State,” in honor of White’s hideaway home, and boy do they love their college hockey in New Hampshire. It wasn’t surprising then that, as Walt pleaded with Flynn on the phone, a hockey broadcast played in the background.

I expected the game to be a recent contest featuring the local UNH Wildcats, but upon a closer listen, realized it was not. Let’s go to the transcript:

Walt: ”Things happen…”

Announcer: “Tim Rothering with a snapshot.”

Here’s our first clue. Tim Rothering played at Wisconsin from 1995-1999, making this game at least 13 years old.

Walt: “There’s money inside. About 100,000 dollars. It’s all that I could fit into the box. It has to be a secret. If anyone says a word, the police will take it.”

Announcer: “Craig Anderson’s outlet pass will travel the length of the ice, untouched, but right on goal. And Wagner makes the save. Play goes on for Denver.”

Craig Anderson–not Ottawa’s goalie–also played for Denver from 1995-1999, so that’s no help. That Denver’s goalie is named Wagner, though, is telling, as Stephen Wagner minded their net from 1996-2000, closing our window by one year.

Flynn: “Why are you still alive? Why won’t you just die already? Just die!”

Announcer: “He’s been stellar tonight. Solid saves back in the first period.”

Color commentator: “You know, Mike, that’s probably a disappointing fact for Wisconsin. You look at Wagner’s numbers, and it seems like he’s one of the last goalies in the league. You wanna put pressure on this guy. “

The commentator’s criticism of Wagner’s numbers makes this game most likely from the 1997-98 season, in which he had a poor 4.20 Goals Against Average.

Announcer: “Kevin Granato looks to make movement. Save made by Graham Melanson, off Rycroft. Who else? He’s been all over the ice tonight.”

Kevin Granato and Graham Melanson both started their careers at Wisconsin in 1997, virtually assuring it’s the 1997-98 season. Mark Rycroft, who would later play in the NHL for the St. Louis Blues and Colorado Avalanche, was also a freshman in 1997.

Walt: “I’d like to speak to the agent in charge of the Walter White case.”

Announcer: “2:49 remains in the second period. Denver holding on to a 2-1 lead at the Dane County Coliseum.”

Here are the telling details. Wisconsin and Denver only played twice that year at the Dane County Coliseum (which the Badgers would leave next season), once on February 13, 1998 and again on the following day. In the second game, the score was 2-1 in Wisconsin’s favor in the second period, eliminating it as a possibility.

The Feb. 13 game, however, fits: Denver lead 2-1 in the second period and Rycroft had scored a goal, in keeping with the announcer’s earlier comment. Amazingly, the home team came back to score 6 goals in the third period, making it an all-time classic Badgers win

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Vince G with this trolling its fake so please don't get mad at me.
imagesizer.jpg

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish I could find some of that blue rock candy so I can eat it at work on Sunday.

My boss is a retired cop and he hates this show, so I gotta push that blue sky just to tick him off.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt Walt go to their compound when he setup the Jesse hit??

2. They didnt do a great job showing 6 months had passed in New Hampshire... how do we know? Didnt the vacuum man only come back one time(1 month)? I watched these scenes about 4 times now to piece together the timeline. Things in favor of it being more than 1 month would be Walt's vision deteriorating..? Also, the vacuum man notes that he has gotten better at administering the chemo (although he could have been providing this when he was hiding Walt at his facility in ABQ.)

Also, my thing with the birthday scene in Denny's - the waitress looks at Mr. Lamberts ID to VERIFY that it was his actual birthday and cops the free meal. Now that we have seen the last episode, this leads me to possibly believe Walter White has completely died in Walt's eyes after the conversation with his son to the point where he is acknowledging his fake birthday as his real one.

3. Walt was ready to dip out of his cabin literally the second the vacuum man(I wish I had a better name for this dude :russ: ). Why would he then have waited 6 more months to actually make his move???

Drop some thoughts on this please @hexagram23 - I dont really read around the net of theories or people just explaining this shyt out(i.e podcasts) because I REALLY like piecing it together myself. This thread and my girlfriend are pretty much my only BB outlets :heh:

1. Yeah, I meant to edit my post last night. Walt went to see them in "To'hajiilee" at the nazi compound so he knows where they are. Good catch.

2. I might be wrong, but I could've swore 5-6 months was mentioned by Peter Gould the writer. I'll try to find it.

It's kind of irrelevant really because 2 months or 6 months doesn't change much. The only benefit to the story is it moves the story closer to Dennys, and the M60.

Look at it like this:

Season 1, ep 1 to season 5 ep 4 is 1 year.

Ep 5 that season to ep 8 = No idea.

Season 5, ep 8 = 3 months, in the montage with "Crystal Blue Persuasion".

Season 5, ep 9 = at least 1 more month. Walt mentions to Jesse he's been out 1 month.

Season 5, ep 9 to ep 15 = No idea.

Season 5, ep 15 = 6 months? They don't say but that would put it a lot closer to Dennys than anything else. Unless there's another time jump in the final ep we can assume he was in NH 6+ months.

3. I added this number to make it easier to understand. The disappearer guy is named Ed. They mentioned it in the podcast, although he's never named in the actual ep.

Long story short, Walt knew he had no moves to make, and wanted more time to plan. It's the same reason he left New Mexico in the first place. He had all these crazy plans about getting revenge, Saul told him "it's over", so he went to New Hampshire still thinking "fukk that, I can do this!".

It was basically the same thing in the cabin. Put on his hat, and just go. But he had no plan.

So the days turned into weeks, and turned into months, and this guy is just wasting away. He felt death coming soon, so he went down to the town, to try to at least send $100,000, even though that's 1% of the $11 mill. He wanted to send something so he could die in peace. And obviously his son rejected it, and him.

Fred.

Last edited: