"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The new breaking bad insider podcast is pretty good a lot of discussion about todd and how they made granite state . I'm thinking that freeing Jesse might just be a byproduct of him going back to try and save the Walter white name. @hexagram23 @A Man Called Hawk @franciswhite what do you think

Didn't know it was up, gonna check it out now. Thanks fam.

Fred.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This support for Walt is getting so out of hand:snoop:. There was a time when Walt's motives were in that grey area, but at this point.. ego is the only thing driving his actions

Im still rooting for him because I enjoy seeing Walt fukk shyt up.. Im just saying though lets be realistic about the Vince Gilligans goals/intentions regarding this character :ufdup:
Well that's really true we see he really valued family . He wouldn't kill hank even to get his own freedom hell he gave away all his ill gotten gains

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Well that's really true we see he really valued family . He wouldn't kill hank even to get his own freedom hell he gave away all his ill gotten gains
Bro... Im gonna put it like this... what was the very last scene in the penultimate episode? Was it Walt making a phone call to Flynn or perhaps having a change of heart about Jesse?

No, it was Walt seeing Gretchen & Elliot on TV and realizing his legacy still hangs in the balance.

That is whats setting the stage for the final act... pure ego

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Walt wasn't at the expansion meeting that Jesse held. Walt told Jesse what he wanted then Jesse told his people about it. If his people had seen the way Walt laid into Jesse they would't have taken him seriously.

I agree that Walt didn't give a fukk about Combo, nor that kid that Todd shot. The only thing Walt will occasionally put over his family is his ego.

Hmm I thought he was present, he was in the car outside the disussion I think, nonetheless it doesn't change anything, they were the only people that Walter could use as dealers for his product, he couldn't just randomly go out on the street and start recruiting people himself. Despite Jesse's warnings about rival dealers not being happy about them expanding onto their turf, he chose to and convinced a reluctant Jesse into doing so aswell, this subequently led to Combo getting capped by Andrea brother who was part of gang that was on Fring's payroll, this is how he's(Walter) is linked to Combo's death. Jesse and his crew were getting enough money at that point, it was only Walter who really needed more.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
That's what pinkman gets for trying to run on some real nikkas, he thought shyt was sweet like he was just gonna escape into the night? That boy Toddy peeled andrea cap right in front of him 2 smh. That old man that set walt up in new hampshire was kinda sexy...I thought Walt was plotting on his culo when he asked him to stay and play cards.

:russ::russ:My nikka, I thought the same thing, I was like is some gay shyt going to happen now. :huhldup:

See how hollywood has fukked up my mind brehs.:to:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The new breaking bad insider podcast is pretty good a lot of discussion about todd and how they made granite state . I'm thinking that freeing Jesse might just be a byproduct of him going back to try and save the Walter white name. @hexagram23 @A Man Called Hawk @franciswhite what do you think

I just got done listening to it, and I couldn't help but laugh that Cranston said the same shyt I did about Walt being emotional about shyt and flying off the handle.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
This serious character analysis shyt is getting played out tho.

on another note yall think Todd will get with Lydia?

Daps
I don't know if I'd say Gretchen and Elliot are "ABSOLUTELY INNOCENT" and I saw that because we still don't know all the specifics about the fallout, We just know Walt was so upset about the whole thing that he sold his shares and bounced. Walt was stupid for doing that, but you can't say they're innocent because we don't know what Elliot might have done.

They definitely have done anything to warrant either of them being killed though.

I don't get the whole Grey Matter open ended thing so many people gripe about. IMO it is pretty clear what happened.

S1E5: Walt and Skyler visit Gretchen and Elliott after many years. G&E had every reason to be awkward about Walt leaving the company but they were gracious with them. Elliot even reminisced fondly over Walt's present about their college days. Elliot then offers Walt a job which could provide health insurance, a higher salary, and get Walt back on the right career track in the science field. Walt rejects this to continue making meth, an illegal substance, where other than money provides no benefits for his family. Vince Gilligan himself admits THIS is where Walt breaks bad, not because of cooking meth but when provided with his first "out" he refuses to take it.

S2E6: Walt lies to Skyler that G&E are paying for his health insurance when it is his meth dealings that do so. Skyler, suspicious about Walt's disappearances yet grateful for G&E looking out for Walt, thanks Gretchen for being so kind. Gretchen's like :wtf: and tells her that they never paid for it. Gretchen invites Walt to dinner to ask why he would refuse their offer (even after lying Gretchen's still willing to pay for it) yet lie to his wife and say they are. Walt went off on what he perceived as them cutting him out while Gretchen counters by bringing up the dinner at her father's house where Walt saw how rich they were packed his bags, left, dumped her and sold his Gray Matter shares BEFORE they succeded. Note that Walt never denied Gretchen's account of what happened but continues to ignore her and call her names like "little rich girl".

Walt sold his ownership of the company he helped found and they blew up later on. I don't see how this was ever Gretchen and Elliot's fault.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I don't get the whole Grey Matter open ended thing so many people gripe about. IMO it is pretty clear what happened.

S1E5: Walt and Skyler visit Gretchen and Elliott after many years. G&E had every reason to be awkward about Walt leaving the company but they were gracious with them. Elliot even reminisced fondly over Walt's present about their college days. Elliot then offers Walt a job which could provide health insurance, a higher salary, and get Walt back on the right career track in the science field. Walt rejects this to continue making meth, an illegal substance, where other than money provides no benefits for his family. Vince Gilligan himself admits THIS is where Walt breaks bad, not because of cooking meth but when provided with his first "out" he refuses to take it.

S2E6: Walt lies to Skyler that G&E are paying for his health insurance when it is his meth dealings that do so. Skyler, suspicious about Walt's disappearances yet grateful for G&E looking out for Walt, thanks Gretchen for being so kind. Gretchen's like :wtf: and tells her that they never paid for it. Gretchen invites Walt to dinner to ask why he would refuse their offer (even after lying Gretchen's still willing to pay for it) yet lie to his wife and say they are. Walt went off on what he perceived as them cutting him out while Gretchen counters by bringing up the dinner at her father's house where Walt saw how rich they were packed his bags, left, dumped her and sold his Gray Matter shares BEFORE they succeded. Note that Walt never denied Gretchen's account of what happened but continues to ignore her and call her names like "little rich girl".

Walt sold his ownership of the company he helped found and they blew up later on. I don't see how this was ever Gretchen and Elliot's fault.
What episode was that?