"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That's still way too much of a reach for me to say Walt is responsible for Combo's death.

Walt is responsible for Hank's Death. Walt is responsible for Andrea's Death. Walt is responsible for Gayle's Death.

Those and the people he outright put hits on and murdered with his own hands are on him. I'm just not seeing the Combo thing.

Walter wanted to expand to make more money, because of his growing reputation after Jesse Killed Spooge, :heh: he suddenly tought that he was one of the big boys, he needed dealers to do it as he's not a dealer himself, he's the chemist, the only dealers that he knew/could trust/get were Jesse and his friends who were dealers. Walter organised the team meeting with Jesse, Skinny P and badger about expanding and where they were going to expand to, Jesse didn't want him and his friends to expand out of the area, due to rival dealers, Walter was ignorant of this and thought nothing of it, the end result: Combo trying to deal on other turf and gets capped by boys who work for Fring, who additionally used a child to murder him, before killing that same kid themselves. This led to Jesse's downward spiral with drugs and Jane situation(combo's death that is), Walt didn't give a fukk that Combo(one of Jesse's best friends) had been killed, he was just another person in his eyes, just like how he gave no fukks about Todd killing the young kid. Money comes first for him.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Ya thats a valid point. But still Walt knew what Jane meant to Jesse.
But Walt thought Jane dying was best for him, his family, and Jesse. Walt always thought he knew what was best for everyone, especially Jesse, and he's always done exactly that, even when he knew everyone else would think otherwise. Letting Jane die was Walt's way of protecting his money, his family, and helping Jesse.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gale wasn't some innocent bystander, he was a meth cook -- he knew the risk involved. andrea didn't do anything to get killed but BY YOUR LOGIC, it would be todd and jesses fault. all walt did was ask them to stake out her house, he didn't tell anyone to harm them :mjpls:

Nope, because Andrea didn't agree to go into violent situation.

Walt made certain demands, Jesse agreed and told his people, Combo agreed to follow orders and knowing walked into a dangerous situation. Walt's not responsible for this death. Andrea didn't agree involved in any of Walt's bullshyt, Walt came to her and got her involved.

I never claimed Gayle was an innocent but Walt flat out sent Jesse to kill him.

Walt didn't send Combo out on that corner specifically to get killed. JESSE sent Combo out there on that corner and both of them knew it might be dangerous and as it turns out they were both right. Both of them could have said no and walked away at any point.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, Walt did give Jesse a larger cut of the Tuco deal since Jesse got his ass beat. Walt also paid for Jesse's rehab. Hell even Hank came to the conclusion that Walt cared for Jesse (and he was right).

Only reason Walt put the hit out on Jesse was cause Jesse made it clearg he was coming for Walt's family.
thank you for reminding me of another time walt used jesse to do his work, only for it to backfire on jesse. as for the rehab, walt moving the pillow and allowing jane to die is partially why he became a druggy

i agree that walt cared for jesse, kind of like a son he never had. jesse is a dumbass for doing all this bullshyt just cus of a precise poisoning of a kid. i mean, look where it's gotten him now.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
The current mess right now with Walt and Jesse would never had happened if Walter knew his place and didn't have an overwhelming thirst for greed, he's created all these bad situations and Jesse's(who he's needed) actions have made them worse, some of these situations were repairable, others not, though the actual cause has always been Walter. It was over for him the day he met Gus who only needed him because he wanted a trusted associate in Gale to learn the blue meth formula, the probability that Gus would have offed Walter if Gale eventually managed to learn the formula is extremely high, keep around a loose end like that, Gus was a professional, something that Walters tried be, but he's simply just a poor imitation who lets "family" and "emotions" affect his judgement which has ultimately cost him everything.
His place? What if Gus knew his place was to be stepped on by the cartel? What if Hank knew his place was too give up on leads on crimes he is looking into? To be great at something is not to know your place but go past it to be great. That saying crazy know his place, like getting screwed out of Grey Matter, he knew his place then. Walt was past Gus and everyone knows that, he was smarter and knew the moves he made, go back to season 3 " i see you " episode, Walt calls for a meeting with Gus and told Gus he knew his motive for getting Hank shot and how the cartel and DEA would counter each other and there would be no shipment of meth supplying the south-west excepts Gus's, he said he respected the move because that is what Walt would have done if he was in Gus's place. Look at this scene remember it? This was Gus making his big move, this was after the one of the cartel heads had been shot, Gus didn't know his place.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nope, because Andrea didn't agree to go into violent situation.

Walt made certain demands, Jesse agreed and told his people, Combo agreed to follow orders and knowing walked into a dangerous situation. Walt's not responsible for this death. Andrea didn't agree involved in any of Walt's bullshyt, Walt came to her and got her involved.

I never claimed Gayle was an innocent but Walt flat out sent Jesse to kill him.

Walt didn't send Combo out on that corner specifically to get killed. JESSE sent Combo out there on that corner and both of them knew it might be dangerous and as it turns out they were both right. Both of them could have said no and walked away at any point.

this is only half true. walt made demands to expand into gus territory, jesse VEHEMENTLY was against this. when jesse passed down the orders to combo, he was also very skeptical over it

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walter wanted to expand to make more money, because of his growing reputation after Jesse Killed Spooge, :heh: he suddenly tought that he was one of the big boys, he needed dealers to do it as he's not a dealer himself, he's the chemist, the only dealers that he knew/could trust/get were Jesse and his friends who were dealers. Walter organised the team meeting with Jesse, Skinny P and badger about expanding and where they were going to expand to, Jesse didn't want him and his friends to expand out of the area, due to rival dealers, Walter was ignorant of this and thought nothing of it, the end result: Combo trying to deal on other turf and gets capped by boys who work for Fring, who additionally used a child to murder him, before killing that same kid themselves. This led to Jesse's downward spiral with drugs and Jane situation(combo's death that is), Walt didn't give a fukk that Combo(one of Jesse's best friends) had been killed, he was just another person in his eyes, just like how he gave no fukks about Todd killing the young kid. Money comes first for him.

Walt wasn't at the expansion meeting that Jesse held. Walt told Jesse what he wanted then Jesse told his people about it. If his people had seen the way Walt laid into Jesse they would't have taken him seriously.

I agree that Walt didn't give a fukk about Combo, nor that kid that Todd shot. The only thing Walt will occasionally put over his family is his ego.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is only half true. walt made demands to expand into gus territory, jesse VEHEMENTLY was against this. when jesse passed down the orders to combo, he was also very skeptical over it

And yet Jesse and Combo STILL went along with it.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thank you for reminding me of another time walt used jesse to do his work, only for it to backfire on jesse. as for the rehab, walt moving the pillow and allowing jane to die is partially why he became a druggy

You must not be remembering the show very well.

Jesse going to Tuco and getting beat down was just Jesse doing HIS job. Walt was Manufacturing and Jesse was distribution. That's the type of shyt that Jesse was SUPPOSED to be doing in their partnership.

Not even sure what you mean about Walt being responsible for jesse being a druggy.

i agree that walt cared for jesse, kind of like a son he never had. jesse is a dumbass for doing all this bullshyt just cus of a precise poisoning of a kid. i mean, look where it's gotten him now.

Jesse has a right to be mad at Walt, but Jesse can't put it all on Walt either. If Jesse doesn't turn on Walt Brock doesn't get poisoned. Not saying it's his fault but Walt was definitely backed into a corner.

Daps
just watched the ep....

:ohmy: todd is NOT HUMAN

also :what: at people getting salty about Gray Matter. That is a 100% Walt fukk up, Gretchen and Elliot are ABSOLUTELY INNOCENT. Just goes to show you Walter Hartwell White is not a kingpin, a family man, or even decent: Heisenberg is ultimately a bitter petty prideful ego driven man who is heated about a mistake HE (and he alone) made 25 years ago.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You must not be remembering the show very well.

Jesse going to Tuco and getting beat down was just Jesse doing HIS job. Walt was Manufacturing and Jesse was distribution. That's the type of shyt that Jesse was SUPPOSED to be doing in their partnership.

Not even sure what you mean about Walt being responsible for jesse being a druggy.

Jesse has a right to be mad at Walt, but Jesse can't put it all on Walt either. If Jesse doesn't turn on Walt Brock doesn't get poisoned. Not saying it's his fault but Walt was definitely backed into a corner.

if i remember correctly, walt was unsatisfied with how much money they were making. even though jesse and crew were happy with the money being made. that's when skinny pete suggested going to tuco.

i mean jesse spiraled out of control after walt removed the pillow from janes back and let her choke to death :heh: that's when he started living all fukked up

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just watched the ep....

:ohmy: todd is NOT HUMAN

also :what: at people getting salty about Gray Matter. That is a 100% Walt fukk up, Gretchen and Elliot are ABSOLUTELY INNOCENT. Just goes to show you Walter Hartwell White is not a kingpin, a family man, or even decent: Heisenberg is ultimately a bitter petty prideful ego driven man who is heated about a mistake HE (and he alone) made 25 years ago.

I don't know if I'd say Gretchen and Elliot are "ABSOLUTELY INNOCENT" and I saw that because we still don't know all the specifics about the fallout, We just know Walt was so upset about the whole thing that he sold his shares and bounced. Walt was stupid for doing that, but you can't say they're innocent because we don't know what Elliot might have done.

They definitely have done anything to warrant either of them being killed though.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if i remember correctly, walt was unsatisfied with how much money they were making. even though jesse and crew were happy with the money being made. that's when skinny pete suggested going to tuco.

Yeah, I'm just saying Jesse didn't get his ass beat because he was handling Walt's business. Jesse was doing the job he agreed to do and got beat down. Walt took issue with that and closed the deal AND got Jesse some hazard pay.

i mean jesse spiraled out of control after walt removed the pillow from janes back and let her choke to death :heh: that's when he started living all fukked up

Yeah you're not remembering the show well.

Jesse didn't start spiraling out of control until he killed Gayle. After Jane was killed Walt put him into rehab.