"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get the whole Grey Matter open ended thing so many people gripe about. IMO it is pretty clear what happened.

S1E5: Walt and Skyler visit Gretchen and Elliott after many years. G&E had every reason to be awkward about Walt leaving the company but they were gracious with them. Elliot even reminisced fondly over Walt's present about their college days. Elliot then offers Walt a job which could provide health insurance, a higher salary, and get Walt back on the right career track in the science field. Walt rejects this to continue making meth, an illegal substance, where other than money provides no benefits for his family. Vince Gilligan himself admits THIS is where Walt breaks bad, not because of cooking meth but when provided with his first "out" he refuses to take it.

S2E6: Walt lies to Skyler that G&E are paying for his health insurance when it is his meth dealings that do so. Skyler, suspicious about Walt's disappearances yet grateful for G&E looking out for Walt, thanks Gretchen for being so kind. Gretchen's like :wtf: and tells her that they never paid for it. Gretchen invites Walt to dinner to ask why he would refuse their offer (even after lying Gretchen's still willing to pay for it) yet lie to his wife and say they are. Walt went off on what he perceived as them cutting him out while Gretchen counters by bringing up the dinner at her father's house where Walt saw how rich they were packed his bags, left, dumped her and sold his Gray Matter shares BEFORE they succeded. Note that Walt never denied Gretchen's account of what happened but continues to ignore her and call her names like "little rich girl".

Walt sold his ownership of the company he helped found and they blew up later on. I don't see how this was ever Gretchen and Elliot's fault.

You don't see it because we don't exactly know what happened. We just know bits a pieces. I'm not saying it is their fault, I'm saying we don't know. Anything saying they're innocent or guilty is what people are inferring based on limited information.

Daps
You don't see it because we don't exactly know what happened. We just know bits a pieces. I'm not saying it is their fault, I'm saying we don't know. Anything saying they're innocent or guilty is what people are inferring based on limited information.

I guess we agree to disagree. Those scenes, to me, were eye-opening depictions of Walt's inner character and his justification for becoming a drug dealer.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
i dont understand how walt gets mad when he see Grey Matter people shyttin on him to protect themselfs but want his wife to shyt on his name to protect her.

its not like Grey Matter people really knew he was Heisenberg and working with him and vowed to ride till the end but shook him like Saul did.

did Walt expect them to be on tv like "yea we knew he was a big drug dealer and was part of this company".

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i dont understand how walt gets mad when he see Grey Matter people shyttin on him to protect themselfs but want his wife to shyt on his name to protect her.

its not like Grey Matter people really knew he was Heisenberg and working with him and vowed to ride till the end but shook him like Saul did.

did Walt expect them to be on tv like "yea we knew he was a big drug dealer and was part of this company".
S01E04:
>Walt is in the credit union when he sees a rich a$$hole flaunting his wealth and being arrogant
>Later Flynn, frustrated with his father says "Why don't you just die already"
>Afterwards Walt leaves and runs into the arrogant businessman and destroys his car

S05E15:
>Flynn frustrated with his father asks him why he "doesn't just die already"
>Walt afterwards sees rich a$$holes on TV flaunting their wealth and being arrogant

:leon:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I guess we agree to disagree. Those scenes, to me, were eye-opening depictions of Walt's inner character and his justification for becoming a drug dealer.
Idk I think since Walt has been portrayed as a special kind of genius, the implication is that he was behind the gray matter technology & Elliot stole his lifes work

Daps
Idk I think since Walt has been portrayed as a special kind of genius, the implication is that he was behind the gray matter technology & Elliot stole his lifes work

Except that they were BOTH students when they came up with Gray Matter (If it was solely Walt's then it'd be called White Matter :heh:) and if he did steal it I feel like Vince would've shown it in season 1 to give Walt more sympathy. I feel like we have more evidence of Walt just flying off the handle about something (remember that fly?) and splitting than Elliot and Gretchen conspiring against him. I'd rather just leave the Grey Matter plot as is then demonizing Elliot and Gretchen way after the fact.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don't know if I'd say Gretchen and Elliot are "ABSOLUTELY INNOCENT" and I saw that because we still don't know all the specifics about the fallout, We just know Walt was so upset about the whole thing that he sold his shares and bounced. Walt was stupid for doing that, but you can't say they're innocent because we don't know what Elliot might have done.

They definitely have done anything to warrant either of them being killed though.

As it's been told so far, neither Wlliot nor Gretchen did anything foul to Walt. At their lucheon argument Grtchen even countered Walt's anger telling him straight up "You left ME", implying that Gretchen was just as confused at Walt's behavior back then as she was right at that moment. Walt was still cool with Elliot enough for Elliot to want to help him with his cancer medication. Whatever happened to to make Walt sell his shares and bounce was more implied as a mistake that WALT HIMSELF made.

Elliot and Gretchen are about as innocent as anybody on the show can be. I find it pretty ridiculous that people think that Walt would actually waste time on killing them or harming them when his REAL targets are out their profiting off of his formula and didn't honor their agreement to off Jessie after basically robbing Walt of his money. Walt was both angered and motivated by the Charlie Rose interview but that interview itself didn't send him out there with that M60, it was the knowledge of someone else using his product and getting rich off it