"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Nah but I think at one time Walt did care about Jesse on some level. Theyre relationship became complicated very early on though.

The death of Jane made it clear that Walt's relationship with Jesse went beyond him feeling for the kid & wanting to help him out

it had more to do with his own idealist fantasy to mentor a former student. Its all about the legacy :youngsabo:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:dead:

So according ot you, Walt went out there and hand picked Combo to be part of their team. It's crazy to me how yall try and connect the dots to add to Walt's body count.

Didn't matter if it was Combo
who ever was gonna be selling out there was gonna get got regardless

his point is, Walt's greed got someone unnecessarily killed

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah but I think at one time Walt did care about Jesse on some level. Theyre relationship became complicated very early on though.

The death of Jane made it clear that Walt's relationship with Jesse went beyond him feeling for the kid & wanting to help him out

it had more to do with his own idealist fantasy to mentor a former student. Its all about the legacy :youngsabo:
it aint even about legacy because walt doesn't want anyone cooking his formula. he was already salty that jesse was coming close to the purity. i do agree that at some point walt cared for jesse on some bonding shyt, they've been through a lot -- but at the end of the day, walt is only out for self. i've never seen such a "gangsta" lie like a 16 yr old white girl before

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no walt told jesse to expand into gus territory. jesse strongly disagreed with the risk and warned walter it could cause serious problems. walt wasn't concerned about the streets, just getting the $$$. he forced jesses hand several times, like trying to get him to kill that meth head

That's a reach....

That's like saying if someone works in a 7/11 in a known dangerous neighborhood and is murdered during a robbery the owner of the place is responsible.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if jesse were killed that night, it'd just cause more problems for walt. gus was already plotting on replacing him with gale once he learned his cook. who would walt have to do his dirty work and shoot gale int he face if jesse was already dead?

Actually at that point Gus wasn't planning on killing Walt. Gayle was the one that said Gus should hire Walt and Gayle also made it a point to say to tell Gus that Walt is an artist. It wasn't until the fallout with Jesse that Gus decided he was gonna have to get rid of Walt and asked Gayle to try and learn the formula.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a reach....

That's like saying if someone works in a 7/11 in a known dangerous neighborhood and is murdered during a robbery the owner of the place is responsible.

that's a horrible analogy but lets run with it. if you wanted to open a 7/11 in a dangerous neighborhood, and i'm telling you it's going to get the workers killed -- but you decide to open it anyways; resulting in one of the first workers getting killed on day 1. IT IS YOUR FAULT, nikka

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
he saved jesse because he needed him. he's always needed jesse for whatever reason doing this journey. like hank said a few episodes, walt has a need to prove to jesse that he's not completely evil. although that was thrown out the window a few episodes ago.

Yall nikkas is getting real philosophical in here now:heh:. Everything can be viewed as self serving from that viewpoint. Me putting my own life in danger to save my wife is self serving because I love her and don't want to live without her?

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Fukk are you talking about? I'm not the one who brought up Combo. Walt didn't kill them dudes for territory, by that time he was working for Gus and had no dealings on the street.
The other dude just mentioned combo because he was explaining how Walt wanted to seize that territory.

& then you sidetracked & made it about whether or not Walt got Combo killed.

:heh: Im high and very confused right now.

The point is that, by running over the two dealers to save Jesse, Walt was capping the competition.

& idk how you remember season 3, but Walt definitely voiced concerns over territory around the time that Combo was killed

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall nikkas is getting real philosophical in here now:heh:. Everything can be viewed as self serving from that viewpoint. Me putting my own life in danger to save my wife is self serving because I love her and don't want to live without her?
y'all analogies and comparisons are out there. walt didn't really put his neck out there for jesse like that. if anything it was jesse shielding walt from gus and mike.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
it garnered even more loyalty from jesse which was important at the time with Gus wedging a divide between the two.

That's backwards thinking. At the time, that action was more harmful to Walt than if he let Jessie die. He sacrificed his own comfy situation, to save Jessie. Who the hell needs more loyalty from a useless, junky, fukkup?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
he saved jesse because he needed him. he's always needed jesse for whatever reason doing this journey. like hank said a few episodes, walt has a need to prove to jesse that he's not completely evil. although that was thrown out the window a few episodes ago.
ya this is a good way to put it