"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I'm not even saying he "understood the game" but he clearly knew more about shyt than Walt. The only reason Walt approached him in the first place was because Jesse knew more about that shyt than him.

Also there was a time when Jesse COULD have walked away and simply chose to make and sell his own meth. Walt had effectively retired and Jesse was still out there cooking.

Walt has definitely manipulated Jesse at times but lets not act like Jesse is some saint that Walt has corrupted. You can say Jesse ain't a killer, but as I said earlier without Walt's intervention Jesse would have been dead on in jail a LONG time ago.

He barely knew more than Walt, he basically knew how to sell hand to hand. The first time he tried to step out of his element he got his ass kicked and if it wasn't for skinny P he never would've met Tuco in the first place. Jesse was a nobody that knew nothing and nobody, if anything Walt relying on Jesse in season 1 just shows how clueless and square Walt was. And yeah Jesse was making Walt's recipe, Walt could of said ehh let him do what he wants but couldn't. And truth be told, without Walt's intervention, Jesse would still be better off dead or in jail. He's prisoner be tortured by Nazi's while be responsible for having the two women he loved die. And just for the record Jesse ain't no saint either, but the situation both Walt and Jesse are in, they're both just as responsible.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brehs

who would you rather be a meth slave to if you were jesse?

Gus?
The cartel?
The Skinheads???

Capital Ls everywhere

Actually Gus was willing to take Jesse under his wing to some degree. Plus Gus was actually paying folks good money. Only real problem with Gus was that he had a deep hatred for the Cartels that lead to his downfall.

It's funny when you think about it, Gus reprimanded Jesse for taking shyt personal and not being professional and Gus behaving in that way lead directly to his death.

Papsmear

Banned
Daps
I only recall Walt asking him him back in one time (after the whole thing with Gus).

Sometimes people act like Jesse was just walking down the street one day and Walt kidnapped him and forced him to be his distributor. If Walt and Jesse never crossed paths Walt would have died and Jesse would have either been killed or locked up.
Lol no that's not what I'm saying

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Walt's not a fukk up, he's emotional as all hell at times. He's lets his ego get the better of him.

That's why he opted out of Grey Matter.

That's why he made that stupid comment to Hank.

That's why he started working for Gus in the first place.

That's why he turned down his old friends offer.

That's why he was trying to build a full on meth empire.

That's why he killed Mike.

When Walt's ego is bruised in any way he acts off pure emotion. Jesse was just a fukking idiot.

So instead of controlling his emotions he makes rash decisions, sounds like a fukk up to me. He's a genius making 40k a year, that's a fukk. having such a big ego that he can't let a dead man get a credit for being heisenberg, that's a fukk up. Killing Mike because Mike was right, that's a fukk up. Walt's a genius but he is also a fukk up too, the fact he is such a genius mask how much of a fukk up he has been as well. Luckily for Walt, more time than not his intelligence helped him get out of a lot of fukk ups that he created.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He barely knew more than Walt, he basically knew how to sell hand to hand. The first time he tried to step out of his element he got his ass kicked and if it wasn't for skinny P he never would've met Tuco in the first place. Jesse was a nobody that knew nothing and nobody, if anything Walt relying on Jesse in season 1 just shows how clueless and square Walt was. And yeah Jesse was making Walt's recipe, Walt could of said ehh let him do what he wants but couldn't. And truth be told, without Walt's intervention, Jesse would still be better off dead or in jail. He's prisoner be tortured by Nazi's while be responsible for having the two women he loved die. And just for the record Jesse ain't no saint either, but the situation both Walt and Jesse are in, they're both just as responsible.

Completely agree with the bolded.

You reaching in saying Jesse barely knew more than Walt. Walt knew a bit more about business but he relied on Jesse for damn near everything else. For like the first two seasons there would be this constant thing of Jesse having to explain to Walt why certain things couldn't be done and who they needed to get in touch with. Throughout the show all Walt has been doing is going bigger, he's always had more knowledgeable people doing the actual leg work. Jesse, Saul, and Mike were Walt's brain trust. Walt often knew what he wanted but not how to actually get it.