"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Point blank range....

Point blank range....

Point blank range....

Point Blank Range....

pointblankrange_zps60f655c2.png

Fred.
theres bullets across the entire perimeter though...dude literally has a firing squad set up

realistically they wouldn't make it to cover

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That episode literally could have been red wedding status. instead we see a 100 rounds of nothing. The fukking series is almost over its okay to kill a couple people gotdayum.

The shootout isn't over yet. There will be bodies.

Point blank range....

Point blank range....

Point blank range....

Point Blank Range....

pointblankrange_zps60f655c2.png

Fred.

Great pic. Again we get into this notion of realistic vs. unrealistic fiction, but Hank and Gomez are fairly close to the SUV, and they get behind it pretty quickly.

Now again, if you want to talk strict realism, bullets go through cars, and hiding behind a car is only ideal when you have no other options. (in a fukking dessert, for example).

In a gunfight there is a difference between concealment and cover. Not knowing the difference will get you killed. But in the world of TV and Hollywood, it's been pretty well established that hiding behind vehicles is an acceptable form of cover. I haven't re-watched the shootout, but I know it last what, 35-40 seconds of on-screen time. Some of that was slow-motion footage.

Gomez and Hank got behind the SUV pretty quick. The biggest lack of realism if that's what we're discussing here (to me) is that the very first shots fired from the nazi crew would probably have killed Hank and Gomez. As soon as Hank & Gomez started moving, the proposition of being able to nail them with fully automatic gunfire is not such a sure thing. Especially in TV/Movies.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It isn't point blank range.

That's all that needs to be said really.

And I can sit here and give several other examples, like the North Hollywood Shoot Out, where 2000 rounds were fired and there was only 2 causalities.

Don't get me wrong, I hope people die for strictly dramatic purposes. But to act like "oh, that range, point blank, impossible no one died!" is :heh:

Fred.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
lol @ dudes in here defending lazy writing and directing like they are being paid to do so.

It might actually make it less sad if you were getting paid to shill. Dudes digging up military stats as expertise :dead:

I'm not trying to defend it. I just said that Gomez and Hank would most likely be killed during the very first initial volley of gunfire. I was just pointing out that fully-automatic gunfire is inaccurate as all hell.

I mean take away everything I said, and it's just a damn TV show that had a 30 second gunfight to close out the episode. None of it is that serious.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

And I can sit here and give several other examples, like the North Hollywood Shoot Out, where 2000 rounds were fired and there was only 2 causalities.

Don't get me wrong, I hope people die for strictly dramatic purposes. But to act like "oh, that range, point blank, impossible no one died!" is :heh:

Fred.

Did anyone even die in the North Hollywood shootout besides the gunmen? One of whom committed suicide?

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
It isn't point blank range but that's about a good as a situation you might hope for in an actual gunfight.

My only real gripe about the shoot out is Gomez not leaking. He was open for shots.

The Nazis shot first. They had to have had their aim steady. Some had automatics. No way he doesn't at least get a stray.

We also don't know much about the Nazis gun game. The only shoot out we've seen with them was with Declan. And they couldn't show it because of budget constraints.

:rudy:

From a reverse angle the Nazis were well covered. And Hank and Gomez really didn't have long range weapons.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
theres bullets across the entire perimeter though...dude literally has a firing squad set up

realistically they wouldn't make it to cover

They were already behind cover breh. Re-watch the scene. The car/truck was diagonal from their SUV. Nobody had a clear shot of them.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Did anyone even die in the North Hollywood shootout besides the gunmen? One of whom committed suicide?

Nope. That's why I'm sitting here :heh: at this shyt. Like a gun fight is an exact science.

Fred.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
They were already behind cover breh. Re-watch the scene. The car/truck was diagonal from their SUV. Nobody had a clear shot of them.

Fred.
Yeah until Hank let off like 8 shots in a row . Nikka came up firing like he didn't have 5 guns aiming at him

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I've actually been to a war and had to shoot my weapons (at people) on several occasions. The reason the bullet counts are so high is for several factors:

1) Sometimes it's used for suppression to allow tactical movement (i.e. flanking or bounding)
2) The enemy is usually camouflaged or behind cover
3) The enemy is running

That scene was laughable. Not to mention you had people not even aiming down the sights, people standing out in the open shooting and a distance of maybe 50-100 meters.

So your stats don't tell even 1% of the story.

All respect due, and I was not trying to insinuate that bullet counts are so high because people are shooting and missing. Obviously a lot of factors are in play, as you correctly point out.

The not aiming down the sites was very laughable. Especially Todd firing a pistol at his waistline.

I wouldn't bet money on Hank or Gomez making it past a few seconds. I just wanted to play devil's advocate and say I think the directors did their best job with what was in the script. They had to make it dramatic, not too long or too short, and ultimately this isn't an action show. Some of the weapons handling made it clear of that.

Thank you for your service, and I hope I didn't come off as an armchair QB. That wasn't my intention.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
lol @ dudes in here defending lazy writing and directing like they are being paid to do so.

It might actually make it less sad if you were getting paid to shill. Dudes digging up military stats as expertise :dead:

You're the only one in here talking about "I've shot at people in real life". Ok great. That don't make it true in every situation obviously, otherwise these other situations wouldn't exist.

And some of you live in The Twilight Zone. Writers/directors/actors from virtually every show on TV are :whoo: at last night's ep. I log here, and people are arguing over bullet trajectory. And the writing and directing are lazy. Oh ok.

Fred.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're the only one in here talking about "I've shot at people in real life". Ok great. That don't make it true in every situation obviously, otherwise these other situations wouldn't exist.

And some of you live in The Twilight Zone. Writers/directors/actors from virtually every show on TV are :whoo: at last night's ep. I log here, and people are arguing over bullet trajectory. And the writing and directing are lazy. Oh ok.

Fred.

:dead:

shyt is comical. I hope their not this nitpicky about their favorite action movie or anything.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
real talk though I hope Jesse helps out Hank & Gomez in the shootout

If he just runs away hes for sure a rat.. dudes character is on the line

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I'm not trying to defend it. I just said that Gomez and Hank would most likely be killed during the very first initial volley of gunfire. I was just pointing out that fully-automatic gunfire is inaccurate as all hell.

I mean take away everything I said, and it's just a damn TV show that had a 30 second gunfight to close out the episode. None of it is that serious.

For sure. Fully automatic gunfire is definitely inaccurate, which is one of the reasons why the US military switched from fully auto rifles to semi auto during Vietnam.

All respect due, and I was not trying to insinuate that bullet counts are so high because people are shooting and missing. Obviously a lot of factors are in play, as you correctly point out.

The not aiming down the sites was very laughable. Especially Todd firing a pistol at his waistline.

I wouldn't bet money on Hank or Gomez making it past a few seconds. I just wanted to play devil's advocate and say I think the directors did their best job with what was in the script. They had to make it dramatic, not too long or too short, and ultimately this isn't an action show. Some of the weapons handling made it clear of that.

Thank you for your service, and I hope I didn't come off as an armchair QB. That wasn't my intention.

No disrespect taken friend. Sorry if I came across like a douche. I'm just pointing out that sometimes the point of large volleys is for suppression in order to allow movement. When you are on the assault, suppression is key in order to allow a unit to close in.

Fred.

In that situation I wouldn't say it was impossible for no one to have died, but highly improbable considering distance, angle and lack of cover. But it's a TV show.

Fred.

I loved last night's episode. Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows, top 3 for sure. I love it, but it's not exempt from criticism. Same with The Wire.