"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Honestly though, you can love BB and admit that some of the writing and plots are lazy. No need to describe it as fiction to mask it.

It's still one of the greats of all time but there is nothing wrong with pointing out flaws or perceived aforementioned work of lazy or uninspired writers. A lot of Deus Ex Machina in the series.

That's two totally unrelated topics breh.

It is fiction. That's not some kind of ace in the hold I'm using to smooth over any problems people have with the show. By definition, it's fiction. So is "The Wire". So is "Sopranos". If people want to argue a specific story line or character are better on those shows, go for it. Like I said, all 3 are in my top 5, so that's not the issue at hand. The issue at hand is people trying to give extra points to those shows for being a more realistic version of fiction. Which is just :mindblown: to me.

Fred.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Hank should have just called it in, but took his last phonecall to gloat :smh:, now the nikkas gonna go down as a criminal once that confession CD from Walter that implicates him as a criminal and "Heisenberg" drops. That will be his legacy, Gomez didn't deserve to be a part of it but will be :smh:. Marie's gonna go :merchant::fire: when Hank doesn't return or answer her calls, she'll believe that Walter killed him as Hank mentioned that he had caught him and is probably the one who wrecks and spray paints "Heisenberg" in his house in her attempts to convince people that he's really Heisenberg. No one's gonna believe her tale that there was even an investigation, due to one never actually being greenlit. Only Gomez, Jesse, Hank and herself knew about it and it was off the books, So she'll do something stupid, we've already seen her contemplate poisoning Walter. DEA will also be after Walter :ufdup: remember in the flashfoward he had fake I.D. and is an accomplice to murder and meth distribution in the vid.

Walt have to repay the Aryans heavily due to them killing two key DEA agents, that will attract heat, nikka is gonna sell Jesse off to them as he can cook blue meth to a purity of over 93% like Walter can, the perfect prodcut for Lydia and the Czech's, it offers Walter an opportunity to get out. nikkas gonna dig up that money and run whilst his empire crumbles but as always will eventually end up going back for Jesse.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
That's two totally unrelated topics breh.

It is fiction. That's not some kind of ace in the hold I'm using to smooth over any problems people have with the show. By definition, it's fiction. So is "The Wire". So is "Sopranos". If people want to argue a specific story line or character are better on those shows, go for it. Like I said, all 3 are in my top 5, so that's not the issue at hand. The issue at hand is people trying to give extra points to those shows for being a more realistic version of fiction. Which is just :mindblown: to me.

Fred.

Uh, what is so hard to understand about that?

It's the same way I can look at two different paintings and point out that one resembles a real life perspective and the other is an abstract representation.

pollock.number-8.jpg

vs

08bb8829-9757-4c96-8005-5b22c3369560_0_CATERS_PAINTINGS_LOOK_LIKE_PHOTOGRAPHS_01.jpg

The Pollock piece is worth a fortune, is sought after and considered "high art", but one of them definitely represents reality much better.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My po
It's actually the complete opposite. Walt doesn't have the time to figure it out. Which is extremely ironic given that he was on borrowed time with the lung cancer. You'd think he would of put more time into finding a long term solution to have his fam financially straight given the chance that the cancer got him or he was killed in the field/busted.

But the writers did that intentionally to let the audience know that its really all about his ego. That's what motivated him to be a drug king. Not his wife or his kids.
Your 100 percent right but in my scenario he goes back to old school Heisenberg and somehow cures his cancer through chemistry and him and Todd go state to state having adventures ...with Todd stopping at Dillion to recruit football players into the blue lifestyle

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Uh, what is so hard to understand about that?

It's the same way I can look at two different paintings and point out that one resembles a real life perspective and the other is an abstract representation.

pollock.number-8.jpg

vs

08bb8829-9757-4c96-8005-5b22c3369560_0_CATERS_PAINTINGS_LOOK_LIKE_PHOTOGRAPHS_01.jpg

The Pollock piece is worth a fortune, is sought after and considered "high art", but one of them definitely represents reality much better.

:wtf:

What does that have to do with anything? Neither would be judged on how well they depict reality, because that's not the point of art. Or fiction. By definition that's specifically not the point of fiction. You could say "I prefer the bottom one because it's more realistic", but you can't argue it's somehow better art (or fiction) solely because it's more realistic.

Fred.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Honestly though, you can love BB and admit that some of the writing and plots are lazy. No need to describe it as fiction to mask it.

It's still one of the greats of all time but there is nothing wrong with pointing out flaws or perceived aforementioned work of lazy or uninspired writers. A lot of Deus Ex Machina in the series.

Breaking Bad is low brow but extremely entertaining... The direction and cinematography are exceptional but if you place a high value on dialogue and character development its not the greatest show ever..I give it props for being an original concept which is something that Mad Men and Sopranos can't even claim..I just feel those shows are better written and have better acting.. Mostly because the script demands more from them and allows them to show off their chops..

Daps
Jesse gave him all the info he needed to do his job the correct way. He chose to make it a personal matter. And he probably will lose his life over it.

Hank's case would have been more solid if he chased Vamanos or Lydia/Madrigal.

He'd have everything he needed to not only end Walt but to end the blue meth distribution for good. An international and local sting.

But it's TV. :manny:

You're right. But it's not just TV in this case. Like you said, it's more Hank's failure to see the larger picture over his own personal agenda to be the one to get Heisenberg.

If Heisenberg wasn't his bro-in-law, he probably would go one of those cleaner, more effective routes to taking down the business.

But just like Walt's personal pride/ego/agenda did him in (even if he's alive at the end, he won't be left with much), so will Hank's.

Daps
Breaking Bad is low brow but extremely entertaining... The direction and cinematography are exceptional but if you place a high value on dialogue and character development its not the greatest show ever..I give it props for being an original concept which is something that Mad Men and Sopranos can't even claim..I just feel those shows are better written and have better acting.. Mostly because the script demands more from them and allows them to show off their chops..

:comeon::why::snoop::dahell::rudy:
Now you're just fukkin wit us

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
slR3KiA.jpg
RRlTNWv.png
from the next episode, Walt dirty means he dug up a barrel and is on the run, Sky at home with Holly i am guessing mean she stayed behind.

Really friend? What is this, 4 spoilers in this thread now? 5? I'm losing count. The enthusiasm is great and you make some awesome posts but is it really THAT hard to put shyt in spoiler tags? Ever since this season started you've been dropping land mines and spoiler bombs right out in the open without tagging them and not even going back to tag them AFTER people let you know they were spoilers. Stop ruining the show for people. You're like the only person in here dropping spoilers.

C'mon Man!

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Really friend? What is this, 4 spoilers in this thread now? 5? I'm losing count. The enthusiasm is great and you make some awesome posts but is it really THAT hard to put shyt in spoiler tags? Ever since this season started you've been dropping land mines and spoiler bombs right out in the open without tagging them and not even going back to tag them AFTER people let you know they were spoilers. Stop ruining the show for people. You're like the only person in here dropping spoilers.

C'mon Man!
This is straight from AMC wtf are you talking about??? It's on the Facebook page , its all over the place, last night on the show they posted on AMC? What 4 spoilers did I post ? Today? Proof or shut the fukk up.

Vagina Thief

Your mother has nuts
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:what:

What are you talking about breh? They GPS tracked him to $80 mill. He could've said he killed JFK on the phone, whether or not they can use that in court is irrelevant to the case. They have 2 witnesses, one that can give info on the inner workings of his meth dealings, and another (Huell) that could testify that he moved $80 mill from point A to point B.

And before an armchair lawyer starts talking about warrants, you don't need a warrant to GPS track a cell phone:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/07/warrantless-cell-tracking/

Lastly, regardless of whether or not Walt could "easily get the case tossed"....he LOST. He spent the last 2 years being a drug dealer and has nothing to show for it before he dies.

Fred.
:banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
hh4txgX.jpg

This is considered 10 feet away or "point blank range"???
:aicmon:

Beyond that, most people get their knowledge of gunfights from TV and movies anyways. In reality people miss all the fukking time. There's like 250,000 bullets fired for every person killed in war: source (http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2005/050925-israel-bullets.htm)

"US forces have fired so many bullets in Iraq and Afghanistan - an estimated 250,000 for every insurgent killed - that American ammunition-makers cannot keep up with demand. As a result the US is having to import supplies from Israel."

Trained police officers routinely unload entire magazines within 20 feet of a suspect and don't hit a god damn thing. People in this thread are saying, "well with machine guns, they'd be more likely to hit Hank and Gomez."

Again, not true. In fact the exact opposite is true. Automatic gunfire is used as suppressing fire to keep the enemies heads down. US troops using carbines and rifles use them on semi-automatic the majority of the time. Navy SEALs, Delta Force, the whole 9...unless you're using a machine gun for suppressing fire, as mentioned earlier. In fact in the early 90's when they made the M16-A2 they took off the full-auto option all together and replaced it with a 3-round burst.

http://kitup.military.com/2011/01/full-auto-not-the-way-to-go.html
http://kitup.military.com/2011/12/full-auto-battlefield-necessity.html