"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is strictly going at Hank's attempt at bringing down Walt. He can get the arrest "at all costs". But it won't give him the ultimate satisfaction he's looking for here. He doesn't have Walt pinned down in submission (theorethecially speaking if the Nazis didn't show up). His case against Walt is fishy and would take more time to prove than he needs.

Him calling Marie on some :blessed: shyt is laughable. Maybe this is partially the reason why Walt just :manny:'d it out in the desert. He's smart enough to beat the case given the sloppy measures that Hank took to get him.

Hank and Marie could've still faced jail time because of the rehab payments if Walt was found guilty.

This is all true but ultimately none of it matters because that $80 mill would be gone. Let's say Hank takes Walt in, his bosses say :russ: "fukk outta here Hank" and fire him, plus let Walt go. Hank is still 100x better off than Walt, who used the last 2 years of his life being a drug dealer and all he has to show for it is a car wash.

I don't expect anyone will win....like definitely, 100% win, on their own terms, in this show. Hank called his wife because he was feeling himself. :manny:

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny to watch someone back pedal about how Breaking Bad scenario's don't need any realism. Anyways THE WIRE is a better crafted series. Deadwood is better as well. GAME OF THRONES is better too. Still a very entertaining and well done series.

And nikka you don't know how many court cases get tossed out because of technicalities. That's how the law works. High profile lawyer make their living off getting their rich criminal clients off because of cops not following procedure. Hank has a better chance going to jail off Walt's tape then he does taking Walt down with that flimsy evidence and shoddy police work.

I'm laughing at you thinking that phone call would be admissible in court. Give me a break.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I think some of you talking about Hank's case being flimsy are overlooking the money....Walt would of have NO explanation for that money.

Jesse gave him all the info he needed to do his job the correct way. He chose to make it a personal matter. And he probably will lose his life over it.

Hank's case would have been more solid if he chased Vamanos or Lydia/Madrigal.

He'd have everything he needed to not only end Walt but to end the blue meth distribution for good. An international and local sting.

But it's TV. :manny:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is all true but ultimately none of it matters because that $80 mill would be gone. Let's say Hank takes Walt in, his bosses say :russ: "fukk outta here Hank" and fire him, plus let Walt go. Hank is still 100x better off than Walt, who used the last 2 years of his life being a drug dealer and all he has to show for it is a car wash.

I don't expect anyone will win....like definitely, 100% win, on their own terms, in this show. Hank called his wife because he was feeling himself. :manny:

Fred.

Everyone lost. For sure...I'm trying to get people to see that. :wow:

I don't disagree with you. Like I said a few weeks ago, Walt fukked up with how he handled the money situation. There was no real way Holly or Flynn could get the money anyway in a worst case scenario. The money hasn't been washed so they can't even spend it.

Is Flynn supposed to drive his goofy ass out to a desert and dig the shyt up himself? :dahell:

And we can all back in forth how Flynn would feel using that money anyway after he finds out what his parents really are.

It's just a big ass burden chilling in a desert. :heh:

Anyone who wants to argue against Walt's real desire to preserve this money for his kids future should revisit Season 4. Look at how dismissive he is when it comes to laundering the dough.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walt was completely backed into a corner in that situation.

Walt knew Gus was going to eventually kill him. He went to Jesse for help and Jesse straight up shytted on him. Then Gus flat out confirmed he was going to kill not just Walt, but his entire family. Gus made it a point to say he'd kill Walt's infant Daughter. Walt tried to run but that bytch Skyler gave his money away, so he was left with no choice but to get Gus by any means necessary.

If Jesse hadn't completely turned on Walt, Walt wound never had been backed into a corner where he would have considered poisoning Brock. Walt saved Jesse from Gus TWICE and Jesse still sided wtih Gus over Walt.
exactly Walt did it to protect his family he didn't poison Brock to be some supervillian and he didn't kill the kid in the desert either that was all Todd .
Wouldn't have mattered if he didn't snitch, 9 guys don't get their money they snitch on everyone else, including the lawyer. So I assume he flipped early to avoid that shyt storm.

They all died anyway so :yeshrug:

Fred.
No Im just saying they had no grounds to even be there did they ? Hank was warned off the case everything he did was illegal maybe they lost the money but no way the lawyer snitches unless he's a rookie . I know why they did it but its a leap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A funny to watch someone back pedal about how Breaking Bad scenario's don't need any realism. Anyways THE WIRE is a better crafted series. Deadwood is better as well. GAME OF THRONES is better too. Still a very entertaining and well done series.

And nikka you don't know how many court cases get tossed out because of technicalities. That's how the law works. High profile lawyer make their living off getting their rich criminal clients proof because of cops not following procedure.

I'm laughing at you thinking that phone call would be admissible in court. Give me a break.

I'm laughing at you not understanding fiction actually has a definition that isn't tied to you favoring one TV show over another.

Just say you prefer those other shows and KIM. This is not an argument you can win, because it's not based on opinion.

Fiction is the form of any work that deals, in part or in whole, with information or events that are not real, but rather, imaginary and theoretical—that is, invented by the author. Although fiction describes a major branch of literary work, it may also refer to theatrical, cinematic, or musical work. Fiction contrasts with non-fiction, which deals exclusively with factual (or, at least, assumed factual) events, descriptions, observations, etc. (e.g., biographies, histories).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiction

There is "realistic fiction" and "non realistic fiction". That's it. There is nothing inherently better about either one. This isn't my opinion in relation to this show, that's literally the definition of fiction, and has been since long before any of these shows existed.

And using the phone call as evidence wasn't the point of the plan. Did you even watch the episode, or just read a recap? :what:

Fred.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Honestly though, you can love BB and admit that some of the writing and plots are lazy. No need to describe it as fiction to mask it.

It's still one of the greats of all time but there is nothing wrong with pointing out flaws or perceived aforementioned work of lazy or uninspired writers. A lot of Deus Ex Machina in the series.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone lost. For sure...I'm trying to get people to see that. :wow:

I don't disagree with you. Like I said a few weeks ago, Walt fukked up with how he handled the money situation. There was no real way Holly or Flynn could get the money anyway in a worst case scenario. The money hasn't been washed so they can't even spend it.

Is Flynn supposed to drive his goofy ass out to a desert and dig the shyt up himself? :dahell:

And we can all back in forth how Flynn would feel using that money anyway after he finds out what his parents really are.

It's just a big ass burden chilling in a desert. :heh:

Anyone who wants to argue against Walt's real desire to preserve this money for his kids future should revisit Season 4. Look at how dismissive he is when it comes to laundering the dough.
Well it's a tv show breh Niccas pulled a fukking train heist like some Wild West bandits I thick Walt can figure something out I mean the Nicca did just take down the whole meth game all while rocking tightie whities

Fred.
Well as long as Walts alive he can cook until he dies and send hank to jail :manny: law enforcement agents can't just go around skirting the laws like its all good

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly though, you can love BB and admit that some of the writing and plots are lazy. No need to describe it as fiction to mask it.

It's still one of the greats of all time but there is nothing wrong with pointing out flaws or perceived aforementioned work of lazy or uninspired writers. A lot of Deus Ex Machina in the series.
I know like the wires last season with super omar and made up serial killers . Still love the show it and BB are up there at the top of all time . All shows have flaws (Got has some less than stellar acting by some characters )

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
exactly Walt did it to protect his family he didn't poison Brock to be some supervillian and he didn't kill the kid in the desert either that was all Todd .

No Im just saying they had no grounds to even be there did they ? Hank was warned off the case everything he did was illegal maybe they lost the money but no way the lawyer snitches unless he's a rookie . I know why they did it but its a leap

They had no grounds to follow a guy tied to someone they were investigating? Probable cause breh.

I just rewatched the scene. Hank's boss said "the surveillance budget for Ehrmantraut is zero, am I clear?". He never said Hank couldn't investigate other people, which is exactly what Hank tells Gomez.

Granted, the guy could've not snitched, but the story would've unfolded exactly the same. Mike's guys don't get paid, Walt has to kill them. The only thing him snitching did, story-wise, was made Mike have to leave town sooner.

Fred.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Walt can figure something out

It's actually the complete opposite. Walt doesn't have the time to figure it out. Which is extremely ironic given that he was on borrowed time with the lung cancer. You'd think he would of put more time into finding a long term solution to have his fam financially straight given the chance that the cancer got him or he was killed in the field/busted.

But the writers did that intentionally to let the audience know that its really all about his ego. That's what motivated him to be a drug king. Not his wife or his kids.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I know like the wires last season with super omar and made up serial killers . Still love the show it and BB are up there at the top of all time . All shows have flaws (Got has some less than stellar acting by some characters )

For real. I can't stand these super stans. I love BB and the Wire but all shows have moments of lazy writing, bad plotlines, convenient outcomes, deus ex machinas, etc..

It's like music: Nas is my favorite artist but it doesn't mean I can point out the shyttyness he has dropped from time to time.