"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Prodigal Syndicate

Pick any episode where something unrealistic happens and I guarantee they comment on it in the podcasts listed on AMC. They've always said they prefer "showmanship" to realism. The best example I can give is the AED suicide in season 5, ep 2. Which is impossible, because AEDs don't work like that. And they obviously have medics on hand, so they know that. But they thought the death would be visually striking, so they said "fukk realism" during the podcast.

Fred.
What about mikes lawyer :lupe: nicca snitched in like 10 minutes

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Todd just shrugging Jesse off like, nah... he's not built like that :banderas:

Todd is slowly becoming one of my character. Dude respects Walt and is also down to get busy for him. Jesse :camby:
not really, the reason Todd shrugged off the hit is because he's a robot

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is to everyone that keeps saying "The Wire" or "Sopranos" are better "because they're more realistic"....realism has literally never, not once in the history of written language, been a gauge for the quality of fiction. Cut that shyt out. Nobody was saying "how was the heart beating under the floor boards....fukk outta here Edgar Allen Poe!". shyt is just silly as fukk. If you prefer your fiction to be realistic, ok cool. If you prefer "The Wire" or "Sopranos", ok cool. But to act like a show is empirically better than "Breaking Bad", solely because "BB" doesn't strive for realism, is pants-on-head retarded.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What about mikes lawyer :lupe: nicca snitched in like 10 minutes

Wouldn't have mattered if he didn't snitch, 9 guys don't get their money they snitch on everyone else, including the lawyer. So I assume he flipped early to avoid that shyt storm.

They all died anyway so :yeshrug:

Fred.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very true . I don't get the whole Walt poisoned Brock he's the devil shyt when he had his family to look out for and like he said he just made sure Brock would get sick ( not condoning it but still ) while Jesse worked with Gus a man who employed dirtbags that kill kids and make them drug dealers and manipulate Jesse into going into a Cartel cook lab. Jesse may act like he's so good and repentant but why not,tell the cops who killed drew Pearson and Give them a lead or something ? Turn yourself In to the cops and make good, don't work with a rogue agent to try and settle a personal vendetta . All he's doing Is helpin Walt eventually get off

Walt was completely backed into a corner in that situation.

Walt knew Gus was going to eventually kill him. He went to Jesse for help and Jesse straight up shytted on him. Then Gus flat out confirmed he was going to kill not just Walt, but his entire family. Gus made it a point to say he'd kill Walt's infant Daughter. Walt tried to run but that bytch Skyler gave his money away, so he was left with no choice but to get Gus by any means necessary.

If Jesse hadn't completely turned on Walt, Walt wound never had been backed into a corner where he would have considered poisoning Brock. Walt saved Jesse from Gus TWICE and Jesse still sided wtih Gus over Walt.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
This is to everyone that keeps saying "The Wire" or "Sopranos" are better "because they're more realistic"....realism has literally never, not once in the history of written language, been a gauge for the quality of fiction. Cut that shyt out. Nobody was saying "how was the heart beating under the floor boards....fukk outta here Edgar Allen Poe!". shyt is just silly as fukk. If you prefer your fiction to be realistic, ok cool. If you prefer "The Wire" or "Sopranos", ok cool. But to act like a show is empirically better than "Breaking Bad", solely because "BB" doesn't strive for realism, is pants-on-head retarded.

Fred.
True.. The wire is just better though I feel like

Its hard to really compare shows two shows like that from a objective standpoint, but man.. The Wire was meticulously crafted... all Im saying :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
WTF? The logic of Hank makes so sense. That phone call can't be used in court. he had no warrant for a wire tap. Why they acting like Hank don't no the law anymore? Why Hank celebrating? That shootout seemed like it was out of a 70's comedy. Nobody getting hit. They would've been swiss cheese. Don't no one talk about this show being better then THE WIRE. This show is entertaining. But it's not better then DEADWOOD or SOPRANOS.

:what:

What are you talking about breh? They GPS tracked him to $80 mill. He could've said he killed JFK on the phone, whether or not they can use that in court is irrelevant to the case. They have 2 witnesses, one that can give info on the inner workings of his meth dealings, and another (Huell) that could testify that he moved $80 mill from point A to point B.

And before an armchair lawyer starts talking about warrants, you don't need a warrant to GPS track a cell phone:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/07/warrantless-cell-tracking/

Lastly, regardless of whether or not Walt could "easily get the case tossed"....he LOST. He spent the last 2 years being a drug dealer and has nothing to show for it before he dies.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
True.. The wire is just better though I feel like

Its hard to really compare shows two shows like that from a objective standpoint, but man.. The Wire was meticulously crafted... all Im saying :yeshrug:

I got all 3 shows in my top 5, so shyt is :manny: to me. I'm just sitting here laughing my ass off that people are using "realism" as a yardstick for how good fiction is. It's all fiction. Tony Soprano ain't real. McNulty, despite being based on real cops, ain't real. You can't arbitrarily award extra points to fiction because it's more realistic. That's never been how it works, and fiction has been around too long for people to suddenly rewrite all the rules.

Fred.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also that list has valid critiques of Jesse's actions except for Walt running down Gus' men. I tend to roll my eyes every time that's mentioned considering that he wouldn't have to do that if he wasn't so pressed on taking other people's territory eventually leading to Combo's death. I see it as Walt cleaning up his own mess on that one, brehs :manny:

Not buying it, Jesse was being a bytch. Walt and Gus attempted to squash the situation and Jesse did what he always does, got fukked up and went out looking to fly off the handle. Walt would have been better of just letting Jesse get murked. And mind you Jesse was on this bullshyt AFTER nearly getting them both caught by Hank and stealing Meth from Gus.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
You act like Hank has been following the rules since he found out Walt was Heisenberg. He wants Walt arrested no matter the cost.

Did you see how happy he was when he slapped the cuffs on? He threw protocol out the window long ago.

This is strictly going at Hank's attempt at bringing down Walt. He can get the arrest "at all costs". But it won't give him the ultimate satisfaction he's looking for here. He doesn't have Walt pinned down in submission (theorethecially speaking if the Nazis didn't show up). His case against Walt is fishy and would take more time to prove than he needs.

Him calling Marie on some :blessed: shyt is laughable. Maybe this is partially the reason why Walt just :manny:'d it out in the desert. He's smart enough to beat the case given the sloppy measures that Hank took to get him.

Hank and Marie could've still faced jail time because of the rehab payments if Walt was found guilty.

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think some of you talking about Hank's case being flimsy are overlooking the money....Walt would of have NO explanation for that money.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Juven

All Star
Daps
I got all 3 shows in my top 5, so shyt is :manny: to me. I'm just sitting here laughing my ass off that people are using "realism" as a yardstick for how good fiction is. It's all fiction. Tony Soprano ain't real. McNulty, despite being based on real cops, ain't real. You can't arbitrarily award extra points to fiction because it's more realistic. That's never been how it works, and fiction has been around too long for people to suddenly rewrite all the rules.

Fred.

hey man quick question

How did hank and jesse know they money was buried somewhere? i missed that part

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
hey man quick question

when Huell was explaining that he didnt know where the money went, he told hank that the van was filthy and him and bill burr had to clean it

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
hey man quick question

What @Shogun said. Also he said Walt had a shovel, and told him the exact barrels he used/where to buy them. Huell fukked Walt over something serious.

Fred.