"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
You guys think Jesse stole the SD card? He's sitting right there at the table where the camera is when Hank/Gomez go outside, then when they come back in Hank comments that he needs another SD card. If he takes that he could hit them with the :umad: and bounce.

Fred.

I honestly think he steals it and has it on him. I think when he went to the bathroom, he might have over heard Hank & Gomez talking and heard Hank say he didnt care if he died during his meeting with Walt. I think he probably was going to hear out Walt's side but panicked when he seen the bald guy.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Hank and Gomez mentioned Lydia, Drew Sharp, and other potential leads after the commercial break, which I thought indicated that Jesse basically spilled all of the beans about everything from "meeting Mr. White in Junior year chemistry" up until now.

it was implied jesse had given him hours of filmed confessions though. jesse is fukked no matter what he does.

The theory is based on Jesse stealing the SD card or destroying the film that he's recorded. You've got to remember Hank wants Jesse
to be his star witness. We already know Walt won't see the inside of the jail cell. Let alone be prosecuted. We already know he escapes ABQ when shyt goes down.

The flash forwards have already proven it. I think that the Hank/Jesse partnership has short legs. Jesse does not want to see him do time.....he'd rather hurt him where it really matters.

PS Andrea makes her return in the next episode.

{/spoiler]

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Rewatching the scenes with Jesse/Hank I don't think Hank intends to use Jesse's "confession" in court. I'm not sure he could legally anyway.

IMO he did it to get all possible info out of Jesse in case Walt has him killed. Jesse even mentions that in the car:

Hank: "We're going to the DEA, downtown"

Jesse: "What, I'm like arrested?"

Hank: "You know how this works, you be a good witness for me, it goes better for you"

Jesse: "Yeah sitting around MDC waiting to be a witness against Mr. White....it's gonna go great for me".

So he takes Jesse to his house, does the video. Hank and Gomez both agree they can't use anything on there to prove anything. Which is why they try to wire Jesse up.

Fred.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Rewatching the scenes with Jesse/Hank I don't think Hank intends to use Jesse's "confession" in court. I'm not sure he could legally anyway.

IMO he did it to get all possible info out of Jesse in case Walt has him killed. Jesse even mentions that in the car:

Hank: "We're going to the DEA, downtown"

Jesse: "What, I'm like arrested?"

Hank: "You know how this works, you be a good witness for me, it goes better for you"

Jesse: "Yeah sitting around MDC waiting to be a witness against Mr. White....it's gonna go great for me".

So he takes Jesse to his house, does the video. Hank and Gomez both agree they can't use anything on there to prove anything. Which is why they try to wire Jesse up.

Fred.

I think he did all that because Hank is basically on his last leg trying to get anything to catch Heisenberg. Didnt really think it through that's why he asked Gomez if he believed Jesse and Gomez told em yea but it doesn't matter. Which Jesse has already figured out before Gomez even explains it to Hank. Which is why I think Jesse doesn't end up helping Hank at all.

Side note: watching pulp fiction on AMC the intro is damn near identical to the scene with Todd and uncle jack. Even the whole waitress scene :banderas:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think he did all that because Hank is basically on his last leg trying to get anything to catch Heisenberg. Didnt really think it through that's why he asked Gomez if he believed Jesse and Gomez told em yea but it doesn't matter. Which Jesse has already figured out before Gomez even explains it to Hank. Which is why I think Jesse doesn't end up helping Hank at all.

Side note: watching pulp fiction on AMC the intro is damn near identical to the scene with Todd and uncle jack. Even the whole waitress scene :banderas:

:banderas:

What's funny is if Jesse really wanted to fukk over Hank he could just tell people they coerced a confession out of him. Hank did damn near beat him into a coma in season 3.

EDIT:

Imagine (I don't know how this would happen, but if it did....) if Gomez somehow sees Walt's "confession" video and assumes Hank is doing all this to cover his own tracks. Hank being like :manny: "if Pinkman dies, we get it on tape" sounds even worse then.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Oh is that what you were talking about earlier? The pink teddy bear was being discussed on SOHH like 3+ years ago, as a symbol of death/tragedy.

Anyway Vince Gilligan has said the teddy bear's eye is meant to be the "eye of God/fate/karma" kind of judging or keeping tabs on Walter. So the bear itself just being an easter egg....especially when it appears so often in or around eps where bad things happen....isn't very likely IMO.

Fred.

ridge

Daps
Oh is that what you were talking about earlier? The pink teddy bear was being discussed on SOHH like 3+ years ago, as a symbol of death/tragedy.

Anyway Vince Gilligan has said the teddy bear's eye is meant to be the "eye of God/fate/karma" kind of judging or keeping tabs on Walter. So the bear itself just being an easter egg....especially when it appears so often in or around eps where bad things happen....isn't very likely IMO.

Fred.
Nah I've seen pink bear discussions for years...just meant theories etc ive seen here today were also on reddit today prompting me to ask if you were on reddit too

Anyway I simply saw it there so posted it here

• Dap
Reactions: hex

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you think that could somehow lead to Gomez pulling a fast one on Hank? Where he plays a hand in Hank going jail, Gomez get's the credit/glory to spite Hank. If Hank goes to the bing I can see him hanging himself in there, I can't see Hank surviving in jail mentally. Gomez might be an ace, he was out of the picture until recently, and I've always sensed a bit of competition between them two.

maybe Holly get's kidnapped? I'm on the fence about what will happen to his fam.

I doubt it breh, Gomez seems like a good guy and their rivalry is purely friendly. I don't see his return as something that can be a threat to Hank, although I'm sure his now involvement can only be a threat to himself. It wont end well for Hank though, I see him resorting to some dirty tactics to solve this case. It's funny because Walt always saw himself as the inferior, "man" (see the way Hank almost bullied him in certain social situations in season 1) and now this battle has been escalated up a notch :ohhh:

I see Walts family being taken as hostages for sure by Meth Damon and the Adolf unit, at the moment it's a guess what will happen to them.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I doubt it breh, Gomez seems like a good guy and their rivalry is purely friendly. I don't see his return as something that can be a threat to Hank, although I'm sure his now involvement can only be a threat to himself. It wont end well for Hank though, I see him resorting to some dirty tactics to solve this case. It's funny because Walt always saw himself as the inferior, "man" (see the way Hank almost bullied him in certain social situations in season 1) and now this battle has been escalated up a notch :ohhh:

I see Walts family being taken as hostages for sure by Meth Damon and the Adolf unit, at the moment it's a guess what will happen to them.

Yea ALOT of people seem to think that Gomez has been dirty from the start, like a double agent for Gus or something and I personally think there would have been a little more emphasis on his character if that were at all true.

I DO see it ending badly for Hank though. I think that Hank and Skylar (and POSSIBLY Jessie) are goners for sure. They'll die before we get to the time jump. The only ones from Walt's immediate family that survive are Flynn and Holly, to be raised by Marie

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea ALOT of people seem to think that Gomez has been dirty from the start, like a double agent for Gus or something and I personally think there would have been a little more emphasis on his character if that were at all true.

I DO see it ending badly for Hank though. I think that Hank and Skylar (and POSSIBLY Jessie) are goners for sure. They'll die before we get to the time jump. The only ones from Walt's immediate family that survive are Flynn and Holly, to be raised by Marie

:russ: I'm not gonna lie the racist in me had me thinking those :demonic: thoughts at times, like the cartel or Gus had some deep rooted Mexican in this shyt but that was shunned immediately when I realised (i) the cartel was just a bunch of dumb killers and (ii) just how deep rooted Gus was within the local Politics. :ohhh: Perhaps the writers fukked about with the idea and decided to not got through with it because had Gomez been dirty, Gus would've had him put in a higher position. Besides, that would open up an entire saga of dirty police officers and then you're playing about with murky waters of cliches and :comeon: plot holes.

I agree with you on Hank but a part of me does see Skylar leaving with the kids and Sauls, "guy." Walt will die alone.

Jesse will live and probably end up killing himself :manny:

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
:banderas:

What's funny is if Jesse really wanted to fukk over Hank he could just tell people they coerced a confession out of him. Hank did damn near beat him into a coma in season 3.

EDIT:

Imagine (I don't know how this would happen, but if it did....) if Gomez somehow sees Walt's "confession" video and assumes Hank is doing all this to cover his own tracks. Hank being like :manny: "if Pinkman dies, we get it on tape" sounds even worse then.

Fred.

Breh I've been thinking just that! That somehow Gomez gets his hands on Walt's confession. It's funny because the book Jesse grabs; Dutch: A Memoir of Ronald Reagan, was suppose to be a biography but no one really could figure him out or knew anything about Reagan so the author made up a lot of the book :youngsabo: Well Hank has been acting rather mysterious with Gomez it's almost like he doesn't know who he is anymore :youngsabo:

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:russ: I'm not gonna lie the racist in me had me thinking those :demonic: thoughts at times, like the cartel or Gus had some deep rooted Mexican in this shyt but that was shunned immediately when I realised (i) the cartel was just a bunch of dumb killers and (ii) just how deep rooted Gus was within the local Politics. :ohhh: Perhaps the writers fukked about with the idea and decided to not got through with it because had Gomez been dirty, Gus would've had him put in a higher position. Besides, that would open up an entire saga of dirty police officers and then you're playing about with murky waters of cliches and :comeon: plot holes.

I agree with you on Hank but a part of me does see Skylar leaving with the kids and Sauls, "guy." Walt will die alone.

Jesse will live and probably end up killing himself :manny:

I feel like Walt's GOT to lose somebody close to him. This can't just end with him "dying alone" there's got to be some type of deeper consequence. I don't think the writer's would be SO cold as too kill off Flynn or Holly but Skyler is right up for grabs. If what we're all guessing is true and Walt runs afoul of Meth Damon and The Nazi Nemesis Squad then they'll want to send a message, and what more ruthless than murdering Skylar?

I want Jessie to live, and this entire time before last Sunday I thought he would. But When Walt made that call it had a certain feeling of reserved finality to it. No half measures, you don't make a call to Meth Damon and expect someone to NOT get got. I could see the Nazi Nemesis Squad going for Jessie, and seeing him hanging around Hank, decide to murk both of them for good measure.