"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
And :pacspit: at Saul for not putting the bug in his ear to figure out how to clean the money the moment he became his client.

Isn't that the first step a criminal lawyer should take? He should want to that money to stay around as long as he lives so he can get his cut forever.

Walt was his golden goose.

:pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is exactly what I've been thinking would happen; Jesse going to the site where the money is buried would make absolute sense but that wouldn't cripple his psyche the way Jesse taking credit for what's basically Walt's only major lifetime achievement would.

But in the flash forward Walt's house is clearly spray painted Heisenberg. Meaning that the world eventually finds out:lupe:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This wouldn't surprise me at all.

Walt has shown no real desire to really handle the money he's made. There is no long term laundering plan that would be passed down generationally. He hasn't tried to funnel the money in a foreign account or invest it elsewhere other than the car wash. Burying the money did nothing for Walt Jr. or Holly. What are they supposed to do roll up in a van and dig it out themselves if their parents die? :heh:

It's $80 million in dirty drug money. Where they gonna spend it? :heh:

He knows he is on borrowed time...whether it be cancer, the DEA, or one of many people that are/will be gunning for him. His wife is tied to his fate. But his ego is big enough to think that he will be the only one that suffers from his actions.

It took Skyler dragging his ass into the storage unit to get him to realize what he had accomplished already.

Jesse making it known he is the real Heisenberg would kill him.

Funny thing is, in the flash forward when he walks back in the house and sees that name spray painted across his living room wall all he can feel is remorse.

In Walt's defense (somewhat because I partially agree with your point) he has kind of been on a wild ride these past couple months, the Gus saga through the Lydia encounter was all of a couple months (show timeline) and look at all that had to be dealt with in that time. The finer points of money laundering couldn't really be on his mind while he's planning on how to kill Gus, poison Brock, keep Jessie in check, handle Mike, etc. I kind of took the moment when Skyler showed him the money as Walt's "waking up" moment where he actually REALIZED how much he had achieved. If you see in the premier the first thing Walt talks to Skyler about is buying another Car Wash, "we'll be laundering for the rest of our lives". So I think he was on the way towards trying to legitimize now that he was "out" and could focus.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And :pacspit: at Saul for not putting the bug in his ear to figure out how to clean the money the moment he became his client.

Isn't that the first step a criminal lawyer should take? He should want to that money to stay around as long as he lives so he can get his cut forever.

Walt was his golden goose.

:pacspit:

He actually did offer to launder Walt's money as soon as he started cooking for Gus. Season 3, ep 5 he mentions laundering the $3 mill. Prior to that they used the cancer website his son made, remember? Which was also Saul's idea.

Also in season 3, ep 9 when Jesse started cooking for Gus, Saul approached him and told him to buy a nail salon to launder his money.

Fred.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Walt's defense (somewhat because I partially agree with your point) he has kind of been on a wild ride these past couple months, the Gus saga through the Lydia encounter was all of a couple months (show timeline) and look at all that had to be dealt with in that time. The finer points of money laundering couldn't really be on his mind while he's planning on how to kill Gus, poison Brock, keep Jessie in check, handle Mike, etc. I kind of took the moment when Skyler showed him the money as Walt's "waking up" moment where he actually REALIZED how much he had achieved. If you see in the premier the first thing Walt talks to Skyler about is buying another Car Wash, "we'll be laundering for the rest of our lives". So I think he was on the way towards trying to legitimize now that he was "out" and could focus.

I'm not disagreeing with you here at all.

It's more of :ohhh: moment for me as a viewer. I'm sitting here all worried about what's going to happen to the money and then I realized it really doesn't matter because they won't be able to use it anyway.

Walt did all this for nothing. And he will lose everything because of it.

He actually did offer to launder Walt's money as soon as he started cooking for Gus. Season 3, ep 5 he mentions laundering the $3 mill. Prior to that they used the cancer website his son made, remember? Which was also Saul's idea.

Also in season 3, ep 9 when Jesse started cooking for Gus, Saul approached him and told him to buy a nail salon to launder his money.

Fred.

Maybe I should have rephrased what I wrote. That was when Walt was just a cook. All the ideas Saul pitched were good for laundering the amount of money he was bringing in at the moment. That might've been sustainable. :ld:

When he got into international distribution there should have been a more serious discussion or plan on what to do with the money besides putting it in a storage unit.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Nah, it was this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch:_A_Memoir_of_Ronald_Reagan

376589.jpg
oops I might have confused a thing or two :pachaha: never mind my post then

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I should have rephrased what I wrote. That was when Walt was just a cook. All the ideas Saul pitched were good for laundering the amount of money he was bringing in at the moment. That might've been sustainable. :ld:

When he got into international distribution there should have been a more serious discussion or plan on what to do with the money besides putting it in a storage unit.

Well you said "the moment he became his client" so I assumed you meant back in season 2-3.

I doubt Saul has the means to launder $90 million, which is about what they said Walt had in an interview. Hell, Walt didn't even know how much money he had until episode 8, so I doubt Saul had any idea he needed to launder more money than the car wash could cover.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i hope walt send them goons at jesse and Hank

I said earlier in the thread, he might send them at Hank accidentally. Keep in mind he has no idea Jesse is staying with Hank and Marie. If he tells the goons "go kill Jesse", they might shoot up Hank's house like :manny:

Fred.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Well you said "the moment he became his client" so I assumed you meant back in season 2-3.

I doubt Saul has the means to launder $90 million, which is about what they said Walt had in an interview. Hell, Walt didn't even know how much money he had until episode 8, so I doubt Saul had any idea he needed to launder more money than the car wash could cover.

Fred.

Guess he shouldn't have called Saul then.

:banderas:

His only other option was Lydia. Setting up a foreign account...shyt something...anything to save the money before the second half of the final season started.

I'm surprised Skyler didn't press him more about it. She was just content he got out of the game.

I think it reflects more on his short sightedness. And proves that Mike was 100 percent correct on what Walt was.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jigg

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I was thinking about Marie's dialogue with her therapist about the untraceable poisons earlier and I have the weirdest feeling that Marie might be the one who comes totally out of left field and ends up taking out Walt. Maybe Todd's crew shoots up Hank's house to get Jesse and Hank gets killed in the crossfire or something. That'd be more than enough to send her over the edge and go at Walt; she's already playing with the thought of murdering him and with previous history of acting on impulse I'm positive she'd try to follow through with it.

Just a random thought :manny: Hopefully I'm completely wrong though, that'd be such a wack way to end the show. After 5+ years of riding Breaking Bad's rollercoaster watching Walt deal with vicious drug lords, organizing mass jail murders, and building one of the largest meth empires in the United States the person standing behind Scarface with the double barrel ends up being gotdamn Marie :pachaha: