"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well I guess I just took what they were saying about the final 8 as some wild ride. dudes getting gunned down every episode type of shyt. It felt like WWIII was about to go down in Albuquerque/New Hampshire the way they were hyping it out IMO.

I still don't like how they just offed Declan like that and now this move by Jesse makes no sense at the moment, but I will be watching each Sunday :popcorn:

Also, is there any specific reason why Marie is upset like this? Is it just to back up her husband? Maybe she feels like Walt is the reason Hank will forever walk with a limp? I must have missed that part. I can understand Skylar's emotions, but not Marie at this point in the game.

Her husband got shot up and almost died breh. That alone would be reason enough.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fred you're mad emotional about this show, I get it. You scold anyone who says THE WIRE or another show is better then it. There's no problem with you loving the show. But there's also no problem with people listing the flaws of the show, which you deny. This show has some cracks man. This last season hasn't exactly been the greatest. There's some slopiness. Some characters and situations are really stretching believability. But it still is a really good show. Just not on par with THE WIRE or DEADWOOD in my opinion.

Depending how it finishes it might be behind The Sopranos as well.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
the way Jesse always calls Walt 'Mr White' :wow: damn I love this show

Daps
hdih.jpg

:gladbron:two copies of Who Moved My Cheese

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
My (and I assume his) beef is people are talking elements of "The Sopranos" or "The Wire" and praising them while simultaneously criticizing "Breaking Bad" for the exact same thing.

I'll give you an example. The Taxman said "final season shouldn't have filler eps like this, that's why this will never be on the level of The Sopranos".

Oh ok. You mean the show that had Tony in a coma for 2 episodes in the last season, talking to imaginary and/or dead characters? :what:

One scene of Marie talking to a therapist for 3 minutes, in 1 episode of the entire series is too much....but Tony spent half the series talking to Dr. Melphi. :what:

I could understand if these were diehard "24" or "Prison Break" fans. You know, wanting an adrenaline rush and nonstop action. But these same people supposedly like "The Wire", which dedicated a whole story line and a ton of new characters to a mayoral campaign. And spent half the last season examining the inner workings of a news paper. How did these cats get through that, if this was filler to them?

I got all 3 shows in my top 5 so at this point I'm just arguing placement. But some of these cats need to man up and admit they'll never give this show a fair chance, no matter what it does.

Fred.
I caught that exchange and agree with you guys. But to question the character development of The Wire and The Sopranos?:dahell: Really, brehs?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Fred you're mad emotional about this show, I get it. You scold anyone who says THE WIRE or another show is better then it. .
I always said the wire > BB, especially given how my favorite seasons of BB been 1&2. and Fred never scolded me for that :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I caught that exchange and agree with you guys. But to question the character development of The Wire and The Sopranos?:dahell: Really, brehs?

I dunno who did that breh. It wasn't me. I'm just saying you can't have it both ways. You can't complain about an episode focused totally on character development, then praise "The Wire" and "The Sopranos", which truth be told are far, far, far slower paced than this show has ever been, and both had more superfluous shyt that wasn't integral to any core plot lines. Which IMO made them great, which is also why I loved this ep.

It would make sense for a fan of those shows to criticize the magnet scene, or the train robbery....but this? This should be right up their alley. The fact that it's "slow", "a waste of time", "filler"....how in the fukk did they watch either of those other shows?

Fred.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@yseJ

I don't have a problem with someone saying either of those shows are better than "BB". I have a problem with people coming in here and nitpicking eps to death under the painfully obvious ulterior motive of insecurity. Go check any "Sopranos" or "Wire" thread, I guarantee I'm in there like :blessed: quoting lines, talking about my favorite characters, scenes, eps, etc. because I'm not insecure about "BB". You won't even see me mention "BB" because people already know what time it is with this show, so why beat them over the head with it?

Fred.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
That Tommy Fits n1gga is reaching Fred levels. Them 2 will defend this.sh1t to no end. This is easily the worat season. So Far. Maybe sh1t will pick up soon. Season 3 was probably my fovorite season for the record.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I dunno who did that breh. It wasn't me. I'm just saying you can't have it both ways. You can't complain about an episode focused totally on character development, then praise "The Wire" and "The Sopranos", which truth be told are far, far, far slower paced than this show has ever been, and both had more superfluous shyt that wasn't integral to any core plot lines. Which IMO made them great, which is also why I loved this ep.

It would make sense for a fan of those shows to criticize the magnet scene, or the trail robbery....but this? This should be right up their alley. The fact that it's "slow", "a waste of time", "filler"....how in the fukk did they watch either of those other shows?

Fred.
You're preaching to the choir, breh. That's why I try and avoid the whole comparison thing until a series is over and I've had time to digest it.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
also I find it kinda funny that a lot of people are saying nothing happened in the last episode (which wasnt the best out of the new ones, no doubt).

when
skyler telling walt :yeshrug: whats one more to a heisenberg
jesse snitching to hank
marie wanting to kill walt by poisoning him
jesse deciding to actually fukk with walt
walt putting a hit on (most likely) jesse

but listen to some dudes and they say nothing happened :childplease:
Ive even seen it compared to 'fly' on other forums :wtf:
I love 'fly', but these arent even comparable, lol

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't questioning the character development of those two shows, I'm questioning people in here doing stuff like complaining about the slow pace while saying the show should be more like those two shows, that also had slow paces.

It's like bytching about Rose taking too many shots for a pg then saying "That's why :russ: and Uncle Drew keep the crown."

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I wasn't questioning the character development of those two shows, I'm questioning people in here doing stuff like complaining about the slow pace while saying the show should be more like those two shows, that also had slow paces.

It's like bytching about Rose taking too many shots for a pg then saying "That's why :russ: and Uncle Drew keep the crown."
Oh:skip:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So I've been thinking about what Jesse said, about "getting him where he really lives". What if Jesse pulls a Weebay and cops to everything Walt has done, including being Heisenberg? shyt would drive Walt nuts because he already lost credit once in his life at Gray Matter.

Fred.