"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
ryGn6Xy.jpg

:heh:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
:patrice:

Just skimming through the last few pages because I don't want to get spoiled on anything... but I remember thinking how that whole Brock/poisoning situation played out was the biggest reach in the series to that point. And I'm not saying "reach" as in the most outlandish shyt to go down, but as in one of the most important things to go down that wasn't thoroughly connected/explained like everything else has been. Now, that scenario had me completely blown. I get that Walt did it, but yeah... not even going to get into that one. :laugh:

But I'll say this, that particular part of the series is more far fetched than Jessie figuring it all out in this last episode. And that's why my stance on the people disagreeing with how he came to that revelation is that you can't complain more about that scene happening than you did when Walt mysteriously poisoned Brock.

I'm seeing more outcry online from Jessie figuring everything out than when Walt poisoned the kid and it wasn't shown how he did it.

This is still my favorite show though, so I'm a just enjoy the ride while it's still airing
:win:

I agree and disagree lol. I agree that the plan to Poison Brock to get Jesse back was alot of hoop jumping, and then to gloss over the details on top of that. But to me it's not more far fetched, because I can easily see how Walt could pull off the actual poisoning of Brock part. Walt has been shown to be capable of such shyt already. But based on the history of the show and Jesse as a character, the way he put all of that shyt together based on having his weed pick pocketed was a bit much. 1. He already knew Saul despartely wanted to take his weed from him. The fact that Saul was able to snatch it without Jesse realizing it would tend to lead more to Jesse being pissed that Saul got him. How does his mind jump to Huell possibly pick pocketing him in a matter that was already resolved in his own mind? shyt is too much of a reach, especially for Jesse. Is it possible? Well of course it is, but it just didn't feel right at all.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How does his mind jump to Huell possibly pick pocketing him in a matter that was already resolved in his own mind? shyt is too much of a reach, especially for Jesse. Is it possible? Well of course it is, but it just didn't feel right at all.

The matter was resolved in his mind....and then season 5 happened. Jesse has spent this whole season second guessing everything he knows about Walt. Like I said earlier in the thread, I don't think we needed a :ohhh: moment specifically for the ricin....like "he lied about Mike, he lied about feeling sorry for Drew Sharp dying....I bet he's lying about the ricin too!". I mean....Jesse just came from a meeting where he accused Walt of constantly manipulating him, killing Mike, and possibly plotting his death. That scene is literally right before he goes to Saul's office. He gets pick-pocketed a second time....it's not :wtf: to think he'd piece that together, with the mind state he was in, and the accusations he'd just made.

Fred.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Do People Forget That At One Point Jesse HELD A GUN TO WALTERS HEAD Cuz He Suspected He Was Behind The Brock Thing? lol

36 Chambers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Todd and his people really got it easy.

All of Gus' territory + all of Declan's territory + no Cartel to deal with +Lydia's Czech Republic connect +a somewhat decent understanding of Walt's recipe (70ish% yield I believe) and maybe the possibility of no super agent Hank Schrader being around

Salute the young child-killing Don :wow:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh::what: not sure what you are trying to say
He's been manipulated by everyone especially his heroes Gus and mike . If he thinks about what he did he'd know why Walt poisoned Brock , Jesse agreed to cook and tht would of got Walt killed . So Jesse should instead be glad Walt didn't blam him after he killed Gus and stop whining

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
the thing that bothers me is how people seemingly forgot jesse charged into walts home and pulled a gun on him

i know people are saying "but it wasn't ricin, how would jesse even know" -- BECAUSE HE ALREADY SUSPECTED IT. the huell lifting his cigs a second time made him realize he wasn't crazy and walt mysteriously finding the ricin in his vacuum was another convenient lie. after re-watching the last episode, i realized no one is focusing on the opening scene. y'all should rewatch that interrogation between hank and jesse and analyze it. the main msg hank was trying to drill home was "hey, i can tell you've also been hurt by walt. my brother has been lying to my face for over a year. you know what that's like don't you?"

this is essentially why jesse is pissed off the most, the con walts been playing on him since his full transformation into heisenberg; the con he's continuing to play. i think a lot of it would be cooled if walt had the nuts to admit he killed mike. all of that boiled over when jesse realized huell had been in his pockets twice now. so he goes to saul to confirm his suspicions and it's confirmed.

now ill give ppl their pt, they dont actually explain show or explain how walt poisoned him. but jesse understands brock being poisoned immediately benefited walt w/the gus situation. we'll see how writers handle it next episode though :ld:

Thing is, Jesse sobbed and cried when Walt found that Cig in the vacuum. 1. He genuinely believed that he had lost that Cig, that was settled in his mind. 2. Brock being poisoned by Gus was also settled in Jesse's mind. 3. Brock wasn't poisoned with Ricin, so there is no connection in his mind to Walt doing it in the 1st place.

So pick-pocketing his Weed would mean that Jesse realized in an instant that A)Walt made Saul make Huell pick pocket me B)for the purpose to get me to confront Walt. C) So that Walt would have the opportunity to manipulate me about Gus using the Ricin on Brock. D)When all along Walt knew that Brock wasn't even poisoned by Ricin, E)But Walt also knew that I wouldn't figure that part out until later, F)Making me wonder what was the point of stealing the Ricin if Brock wasn't even poisoned with it? G)Oh yeah Walt knew I would figure out that I got pick pocked by Saul under orders from Walt.

Question:
1. Was it Walt's plan for Jessie to figure out that He was pick pocketed at Sauls office, meaning that Walt gave the order to Saul then used the Ricin on Brock, giving Jessie the motivation to confront Walt? Walt is assuming alot of shyt in this plan.
2. Was it Walt's plan to pick pocket the Ricin from Jesse so that Jessie would think that Brock somehow got it from him without him realizing it? This seems more logical, but Jesse doesn't have motivation to confront Walt in this instance.

Wait so Walt knew that Jessie was smart enough to figure out that puzzle, but not smart enough to be talked out of it?

I'm just rambling here...

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Thing is, Jesse sobbed and cried when Walt found that Cig in the vacuum. 1. He genuinely believed that he had lost that Cig, that was settled in his mind. 2. Brock being poisoned by Gus was also settled in Jesse's mind. 3. Brock wasn't poisoned with Ricin, so there is no connection in his mind to Walt doing it in the 1st place.

So pick-pocketing his Weed would mean that Jesse realized in an instant that A)Walt made Saul make Huell pick pocket me B)for the purpose to get me to confront Walt. C) So that Walt would have the opportunity to manipulate me about Gus using the Ricin on Brock. D)When all along Walt knew that Brock wasn't even poisoned by Ricin, E)But Walt also knew that I wouldn't figure that part out until later, F)Making me wonder what was the point of stealing the Ricin if Brock wasn't even poisoned with it? G)Oh yeah Walt knew I would figure out that I got pick pocked by Saul under orders from Walt.

Question:
1. Was it Walt's plan for Jessie to figure out that He was pick pocketed at Sauls office, meaning that Walt gave the order to Saul then used the Ricin on Brock, giving Jessie the motivation to confront Walt? Walt is assuming alot of shyt in this plan.
2. Was it Walt's plan to pick pocket the Ricin from Jesse so that Jessie would think that Brock somehow got it from him without him realizing it? This seems more logical, but Jesse doesn't have motivation to confront Walt in this instance.

Wait so Walt knew that Jessie was smart enough to figure out that puzzle, but not smart enough to be talked out of it?

I'm just rambling here...

Honestly, I love the show and it isn't a deal breaker but that Jesse realization scene was poor writing. The writers took the easiest and shortest path, but it doesn't stand up to the bar the show has set at other times. There are many small flaws like this throughout the series but it's still one of the best there has ever been.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@23statcity

:what:

Walt insisted that Jesse and his friends expand into new territory. Which lead to Combo dying. Which lead to the "sit down" with Gus, which lead to Tomas dying. Which lead to Jesse trying to avenge their death, which lead to Walt killing the two goons.

So none of this shyt would've happened if Walt wasn't greedy.

And what's funny is, Gus doesn't even mention killing Walt until episode 11 of season 4....this is after Walt buys a gun and tries to murk Gus in his home, tries to talk Mike into helping him kill Gus, gets some of Gus's workers sent back to Honduras, runs up in Los Pollos Hermanos and tries to shoot Gus then calls the police on Tyrus. Which leads me to believe Walt brought that on himself, because Mike tells him "you won, learn to take yes for an answer" in the season 4, ep 2, and in season 5, ep 8 says Walt would be able to "cook as long as you want, and make as much money as you want, if you hadn't blown everything up". I think Gus was willing to let the past be the past because he had no chemist at that point, if Walt hadn't spent most of the season acting like a lunatic.

Fred.